AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Where to stay

Posted By: DoverDiver

Where to stay - 02/15/06 11:00 PM

Headed to AC wanted to know of a good place to stay for families. Also is it better to just book the trip myself..it seem cheaper that way??
Posted By: michael&jules

Re: Where to stay - 02/16/06 12:24 AM

What State you from Dover?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Where to stay - 02/16/06 03:10 AM

Check out Banana Beach - large 2 room suites, nice beach, two very large nice pools, breakfast included - it's our favorite and I don't think you can get a better deal
Posted By: margarita

Re: Where to stay - 02/16/06 04:36 AM

DD Depends on you family. Do you want a pool? Will the Caribbean sea do instead?
Do you want a restaurant nearby? (HaHa they are easy to find)Will your children be by themselves or do you need help? Do you have a price range, because that will narrow it down. What do you want to do besides Dive? All of us have our favorites for different reasons. Do you want a beachfront room or not? Look under hotels on this website //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html Also private & isolated north of the river, in San Pedro Town near everything, or south of San Pedro Town? Are you staying around your room or will you be out on excursions everyday? More people will tell you specifics if you give them info on what you would like. Enjoy & Belize it!
Posted By: phillytodd

Re: Where to stay - 02/16/06 06:01 PM

I suggest you stay someplace with a spell checker smile

ok.. that was just mean.. but lawcucui gave you a great recommendation...BB is topnotch.

Re: Where to stay - 02/17/06 12:08 AM

I've come to expect comments like that from "Philly" fans!!

Thanks for the feedback..I'm all set... booked BB for 8 days...How does $$$$$ work down there? I know they take US $$$ do they take debit/credit cards and is it safe to do so??

Re: Where to stay - 02/17/06 12:10 AM

Originally posted by michael&jules:
What State you from Dover?
Delaware...born and raised in D.C.
Posted By: atomicindy

Re: Where to stay - 02/17/06 12:20 AM

Most places take credit cards. Be careful with American Express. Some places take it and others don't. Everyone takes US money but you will get BZ in change.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Where to stay - 02/17/06 12:26 AM

Here's a thread on the topic - it links to a couple of others . . .

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011276.html#000006
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ

Re: Where to stay - 02/18/06 01:31 PM

Originally posted by DoverDiver:
[b] What State you from Dover?
Delaware...born and raised in D.C. [/b]
I was born in DC and have lived in MD all my life, out by the Chesapeake. Do you live in DC or suburb in MD or VA?
Posted By: jaybug

Re: Where to stay - 02/18/06 03:15 PM

On my last trip down I brought all us cash. I never had a problem.
Posted By: hschim

Re: Where to stay - 02/18/06 06:07 PM

Yeah Dover! Grew up there...now live in Baltimore. Getting married in Ambergris in June.
Posted By: Osiris Pilgrim

Re: Where to stay - 02/19/06 04:56 PM

Check out Royal Caribbean Resort, a few minutes south from Banana's, has nice large pool and individual cabana's with kitchenettes for reasonable price!

Re: Where to stay - 02/20/06 06:33 PM

Originally posted by ArtZ SmartZ:
Originally posted by DoverDiver:
[b]
[b] What State you from Dover?
Delaware...born and raised in D.C. [/b]
I was born in DC and have lived in MD all my life, out by the Chesapeake. Do you live in DC or suburb in MD or VA? [/b]
Started out in D.C...Moved south ended up in Southern MD. Joined the Air Force, lived in TX,CA, Okinawa Japan and just retired here in Dover. I loved living on the Island of Okinawa...
Guess that's what draws me to AC.

BMore...still a Skins fan I hope!!

Just finished booking my trip..staying at BB for a week in April. So looking forward to the visit...Is it natural to want to move to AC before you even see it :p
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board