AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mikskibum Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:14 PM
I have an important question. We're going to get our hotel room stocked ahead of time by the wonderful folks at Lagniappe Provisioning (thanks to all the suggestions on the board). But I can't decide. Should we get a case of regular Belikin or Belikin Premium? I love the board and appreciate the advice. I can't wait to get there!
Posted By: mikskibum Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:15 PM
Sorry, I just realized I put this in the wrong section.
Posted By: Short Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:19 PM
Belikin Regular
Posted By: KWIBMF Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:23 PM
1 of each
Posted By: mikskibum Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:30 PM
I don't know that we will be in the room enought to drink 2 cases. But that brings up another question. Can you bring your own beer to the pool/beach or do you pretty much have to buy drinks from the resort?
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:36 PM
i think the difference may be in the filtration method. go with premium.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:37 PM
It depends. What type of beer do you usually prefer?
Posted By: SimonB Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:42 PM
My nod goes to regular as it does with most locals. Just seems to go down better on a hot sunny day. Not bad warm in a pinch.
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:45 PM
Belikin premium is by far the best. It is smooth. Belikin regular is not as bad as the "cow [#%!]" beers of Bud, Coors and Miller light. It is just a notch above them.

You can bring you own beer to the beach/pool(plastic cup please) but it is a very enjoyable time to just take a slow stroll down the beach and get a nice cold Belikin at every bar along the way.

PS After the first 6 or so it doesnt really matter which one you drink and any beer drank while relaxing in San Pedro is better than one at home.
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/22/06 10:47 PM
Hey and Premium bottles hold more. Bigger is better. smile
Posted By: kris48 Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 01:38 AM
Get one of each. Plastic cups (better yet, thermal plastic mugs) are great for the pool.
Posted By: Short Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 11:00 AM
Go for Belikin Regular...
Posted By: J DOG Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 11:15 AM
I would go with the 10 oz. Belikin,1 case per beer drinker is good for me, you can always exchange for another off the beer wagon.
I like drinking out of the bottle, buy a beer bottle huggie to keep it cold.
Posted By: Razorfish Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 04:28 PM
If you prefer something with more taste than yellow beer, Belikin makes a GREAT stout. Another benefit is that the stout also has a higher alcohol content.
Posted By: phillytodd Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 06:04 PM
belikin regular... belikin premium has a "funny" taste .. but that's just me.

try a local guiness... kind of sweet like a chocolate stout.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mimi Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 06:40 PM
Premium is smoother, regular has a little too much 'bite' IMO.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 07:08 PM
I can't stand Premium - to me it tastes metallic. I'd go with Regular or Lighthouse, or Guinness.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 08:42 PM
Premium and Regular are 95% the same beer. The only major difference in the size of the bottle. Premium gives you more brew, which usually gets warm, so you end up drinking the same amount and pay more per bottle.

The Regular beer bottles also make great weapons!

SIN
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/23/06 11:01 PM
Sin

I thought you were someone that could hold more than 10oz at a time. smile
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 10:32 PM
I'd rather have 8oz of cold than 12oz of warm, Belikin is only good ICE COLD, then it kinda tastes like how Rykat smells, warm [#%!].

SIN
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 11:00 PM
Well I'm not one to sit there and nurse one for an hour. 12oz is like two swigs. A premium stays ice cold for me.

You sound like a man that know what hes talking about when it comes to tasting warm [#%!]. I doubt you have ever sampled Rykats. It seems to me that he would not [#%!] down you throat if your your guts were on fire. laugh

Hugs & kisses

Bill
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 11:02 PM
You should drink warm flat beer as we Brits do - and love it!
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 11:08 PM
Are you saying when you go to the bar you let your beer get warm before you drink it? I find thay hard to believe.
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 11:46 PM
Pedro2

I agree you brits have some excellent beers and ales that are good warm.

Cafferys Ale is my favorite.

Deacon they serve it warm.
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/24/06 11:52 PM
Please excuss my ignorance, I have just never heard of anyone you liked warm beer let alone flat. sorry, not for me
Posted By: Chris Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/25/06 03:53 AM
Heineken
Posted By: Otteralum Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/25/06 11:45 PM
flat, no. warm is relative. I do think Yanks like beer so cold you can't taste it sometimes.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/26/06 01:14 AM
And we drink beer at room temperature in England because it tastes so good. Deacon - if you ever cross the pond go to an English country pub and have a pint of locally brewed bitter. That should convert you.

But no way do I let Belizean or American beer get warm - it would be undrinkable. I rate Belikin as better than most (but not all) American beer, but nowhere near a good English ale. Or, come to that, a Czech or German pilsner - which of course also need to be drunk ice cold.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/26/06 02:57 AM
room temperature in England IS cold!
Posted By: lacysisland Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/26/06 07:34 AM
Room temp is great for certain things, but beer is not the one
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/26/06 05:07 PM
I actually don't drink Belikin, cause' it sucks (imho) and is expensive.

Beer gives you a big gut "Belikin Bill" so we islanders call it "Belly-skin Beer".

Don't hate - appreciate.

(C ya with your shirt on)

SIN
Posted By: Bzedoll Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/26/06 08:16 PM
Regular is my favorite. Must be ice cold however. I especially like it when I am sitting at Cholo's.
Posted By: HVYMTL Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/27/06 12:49 AM
Well, all I can say is I like all kinds of beer, never found to many I could not drink, except a local microbrew called something like " columbian cafe,double stout, something something". Wow that would have have made even the most loyal Guiness Ext. St. drinker think twice. Ok , that being said, I give up my "never met a beer I could not drink".LOL
My first visit to SP was all Belikin regular, with a few Belikin stouts here and there. After a week of the regular I found a Premium, I was not pleased after I ordered a "Belikin". Kind of like getting a lite beer when you ordered a regular.
Well, thats my 2 cents for the "taste great,less-filling" arguement. All I know is I Be-li-kin a cold one now, as I'm nowhere close to Canuck's or Fido's
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/27/06 05:47 AM
As usual Sin youre on the mark again. Check me out. http://www.eckssaloon.com/2005/10-27-BeerBelly/slides/pa270112.html
Posted By: klcman Re: Belikin vs. Belikin Premium - 02/28/06 12:56 AM
That's just wrong. laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board