AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Xanadu .. Pros? Cons?

Posted By: Teresa

Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 02:32 PM

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize and AC. He is absolutely in love with Xanadu from their pictures on their web site. I have not been able to really find any opinions on this board on Xanadu. Good? Bad? OK? Looking for input.

(I'm leaning toward Banana Beach. There have been so many positive comments on it.)

We have our flight booked for May and now need to finalize the rest of the trip.

Thanks.
Posted By: JDTremblay

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 03:33 PM

CHECK OUT www.tripadvisor.com
Posted By: JDTremblay

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 03:34 PM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_Pedro_Ambergris_Caye_Belize_Cayes.html

that is the link to there reviews
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 03:36 PM

Good. Very good. Both Xanadu and BB. Stayed at both multiple times and have nothing negative to say about either. Xanandu has become our favorite, mainly due to a better pool setup (for us), but both are very clean, well-run and quality establishments. BB has an excellent restaurant and bar on-premises, if that matters. Xanadu is more intimate and "personable", IMO. Great, great staff.

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 03:49 PM

You guys are great! I didn't know about the trip advisor web site.

Thanks!
Posted By: ecosvl

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 03:55 PM

Have stayed at xanadu a couple of times, the facility, people are great. i would stay there again.
never stayed at Bananas but have heard great reports about the resort.
can't go wrong with either.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 05:56 PM

Xanadu is great and after I have stayed at several other places on AC, Xanadu is the one I would pick for a return visit. It is a very tranquil and convenient spot - you can't go wrong!
Posted By: Gela

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/01/06 11:01 PM

I have stayed at Xanadu twice and visited BB several times. Xanadu has a great pool set up - agree. They have free bicycle use which was a huge plus for me. Also free use of Kayaks. The only thing that it doesn't offer is a restaurant but they have great kitchen facilities. I hear that BB includes a killer breakfast.

Conclusion - like the others have said, you can't go wrong with either one. laugh
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/02/06 12:08 AM

Xanadu is wonderful!!! We stay there everytime we visit AC.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/02/06 12:44 AM

Xanadu is lovely. I'd say the only negative is that there's a seawall there instead of a sandy beach entering the water. Banana Beach is also terrific, it's one of Belize's best-run hotel operations, and I say that having stayed at around 100 hotels in Belize. There's a low seawall there, too, but within a few feet is a nice regular beach.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/02/06 04:17 AM

Hey Marty

Lan sleeps around also laugh laugh Maybe you should exchange lists?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/02/06 06:18 PM

Lan - unless I'm very much mistaken Xanadu does have a sandy beach, though next door has a sea wall.

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/02/06 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the input. We are now booked for Xanadu.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/14/06 12:19 AM

Pedro2, if that's not a seawall at Xanadu, I'll eat the entire wall of concrete next time I'm there.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/14/06 01:52 AM

I don't want to give you indigestion, Lan, so I'd better eat my own hat instead. Of course you're right - Xanadu does have a sea wall.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/14/06 03:52 PM

Xanadu did recently increase the size of their beach and added a small "canoe/kayak marina."
Posted By: CaliBlueFrog

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/16/06 10:41 PM

Teresa...my best friend and I will be at Xanadu also in May, arriving on the 12th - 20th! When are you arriving? We are getting our diving certificates there, and cave tubing,zip lining, and going to some Mayan ruins, and possibly the Belize Zoo. Will you be doing any of those things also?

Karen & Michelle

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/17/06 02:24 PM

We arrive in Belize on May 7 and will be staying initially on the mainland in San Ignacio. We figured that we'd be better off spending some time there to see ruins, etc rather than doing a bunch of back and forth. We're staying at Cahal Pech Village Resort in one of their cabana's.

Then on May 10 we head to Xanadu for mostly kick back time. We leave there and head back home on May 15.

This schedule looks like it will work out well with our flight arrival and departure times. (When we arrive we can grab the San Ignacio shuttle and not loose the entire day. Then on our departure day, we figure we can take the early boat and have time to spare for our return flight.)

We're staying in #4 at Xanadu. How about you?

Teresa & John
Posted By: CaliBlueFrog

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/20/06 05:47 PM

Hi Teresa, sorry for the delay in response, but I was taking my scuba class this weekend, and not online much. We are staying in #10 at Xanadu. We wanted our own rooms and bathrooms, and the jacuzzi, after all, it's a relaxing vacation!

I can't wait for vacation. Hope you have fun in the cabana on the mainland, and we'll be sure to say Hi, if we see you!

K & M
Posted By: NHJeff

Re: Xanadu .. Pros? Cons? - 03/20/06 09:47 PM

Hi Teresa, we will be at Xanadu starting tomorrow night until the 28th. If your questions haven't been answered by then we can ask/photo whatever you need.
Jeff (1 wake-up!!!)
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board