AmbergrisCaye.com Home

probably a strange newbie question

Posted By: ldydiver

probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 12:40 AM

Hi all. Just joined the board. I'm so impressed with the amount of information here. We are heading to Belize in April. First half doing the jungle/ruins thing. Back half on Abergris Caye.

My husband and I will be traveling with our 14 year old. Here is my strange question.... will she be allowed to join us at night if we want to go see live music? Obviously she won't be indulging (unlike her dad and I!). But, we'd love to bring her out with us. I've been to Cancun (not my cup of tea) and was always shocked at what parents subjected their kids to at some of the bars. I'm trying to avoid that but I would like to expose her to some local culture. What do you think? What, if any, are the restrictions? Thanks!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 12:47 AM

None, as long as she is with you. Have fun !
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 04:17 AM

probally wont be let into the clubs due to age (been there done that), but the places with live music like fido's and others are fine to bring a child

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 11:22 AM

As long as she is with her parent, she is allowed any where they go.
Posted By: lacysisland

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 11:48 AM

She is 14yrs old, Be careful

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 12:53 PM

I should add, she will not be served booze but she is allowed in as long as she is with her parent(s)
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 01:46 PM

Doesn't sound like you guys plan to go to the "night clubs" such as Big Daddy's and Jaguars that play all that techno, rap, etc with a DJ. So the places you will go for live music such as Holiday Hotel, Fido's and BC's are all outdoor, beach bars, and she will not be the only youngster hanging around.

Have fun.
Posted By: ldydiver

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 06:11 PM

Good to know, thanks. We'll keep a close eye on her.
Posted By: klcman

Re: probably a strange newbie question - 03/04/06 07:21 PM

just watch out for Imm laugh
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board