AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like?

Posted By: RAF

Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like? - 03/13/06 12:31 AM

Hello,
I'll be visiting there next week and I'm just wondering what types of clothing I should bring?
Do I need a wetsuit to snorkel?
Are the nights cold?
things like that thxs.
Posted By: BelizeItPlease

Re: Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like? - 03/13/06 06:06 PM

I think wearing a wet suit has more benefits than just keeping you warm. My husband and I wore 3mil wetsuits snorkeling - for us it was nice for the bouyancy factor and to keep the sun off of our backs. I certainly wasn't hot but the other two people on the boat wearing shorts and T-shirts didn't seem too cold either.

We also already had them, so it wasn't like we had to rent them special. I always seem to get cold diving - whether it's up here in Wisconsin or in Mexico or Belize. So I wore the 3mil full suit doing 2 local dives one day and 3pack Blue Hole dive the next. I even wore a hood on the 3-dive day, but hey, I'm a wimp that would rather be toasty than a bit chilly.
Posted By: Wyoming Carla

Re: Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like? - 03/13/06 09:35 PM

I would recommend taking a light jacket/sweatshirt. When I arrived on Feb 10th, it was 60 degrees, and I was darn glad I had a coat. Have FUN!
Posted By: oregondiver

Re: Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like? - 03/14/06 04:28 PM

Wait...60 degrees? That is what we had on SUnday working in the yard building raised beds in Portland Oregon.

I will be there on Saturday (I fly out tomorrow starting in Tulum) and hope for much warmer weather. YEA! Can barely sleep!
Posted By: Wyoming Carla

Re: Visiting Ambergris Caye - what's the temperature like? - 03/14/06 08:18 PM

Yeah, I've never seen it that cold there....it's better to be prepared than freeze your a$$ off! It was CRAZY! Hopefully THAT'S over with! Enjoy your trips Ya'll! laugh laugh laugh
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board