AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Now Danny kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 01:54 PM
Anyone try kite fishing on the lagoon side?
Posted By: captjeff Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 05:54 PM
Now danny did some kite fishing years back in florida ,raised some sailfish.but what would you use the kite to catch here??????and in the lagoon???
Posted By: deacon+ Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 06:05 PM
Capt. Jeff, kite fishing for sailfish laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: reaper Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 06:51 PM
What do kite taste like?????
Posted By: deacon+ Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 06:52 PM
Fish? :rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: captjeff Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 07:00 PM
Reaper,my brother firefighter. kite when cooked on a grill taste like chicken.
Posted By: Now Danny Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 07:03 PM
Captjeff, last year I found a pier way south that was on the west side that was on like a bay. It looked like shallow water. I thought there might be some cuda hanging in there or who knows what. Just a thought. Reaper, kites tast like plastic or nilon.
Posted By: captjeff Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 07:16 PM
Now danny lots of fish in lagoon,cuda all over ...they hit almost anything that moves. but hey never used a kite in that shallow water.but have been told by many to go fly a kite.and we are not talking fishing..hope to wet a line with ya one day...
Posted By: reaper Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 07:22 PM
Now Danny, I hear the crocs in the lagoon say kite fishermen taste like chicken! laugh As Cappy knows I only use dynamite when I fish!
Posted By: krehfish Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 08:25 PM
Capt.: Picture a kite hovering, what, 50' over the lagoon. Rather than a ballyhoo dangling down below, it's suspending a 5# capon. "jump Mr. Croc, jump..."
Posted By: captjeff Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 08:28 PM
krehfish ,love it .trolling for crocodile what a fight ,like dancing with my first wife..
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 08:34 PM
If you guys are going to start trolling for crocodiles I have a good idea who to use smile Ask pedro2 who would make good bait laugh
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 08:35 PM
Kite fishing sounds cool. Hanging on the dock, cool brew in hand (Sol) with the kite out over the water, hell yeah.

I'm interested, what all is involved? How to set-up a rig?

SIN
Posted By: krehfish Re: kite fishing ? - 04/06/06 08:44 PM
just google fishing kites and you'll be all over the newest rage
Posted By: Now Danny Re: kite fishing ? - 04/07/06 11:12 AM
SIN, From what I have been reading it's not that involved. Two fishing lines one for the kite and one for the bait. 40 ft. or so behind the kite is a 5ft. drop line with a release clip with a ceramic disc with a hole for the bait line. You can control the depth of the bait or let it skim the top of the water. When you get a hit the ceramic disk disengages from the kite line and your fishing. Do you know of the area way south where the ( last year) new pier is built on the west side. It's at the end of a long 8 in. block wall that's three courses high?
Posted By: HVYMTL Re: kite fishing ? - 04/08/06 02:20 AM
cool,

great idea, now I could take the grandson fishing and fly a kite at same time!

now to take it a step futher, why not connect some lines off the back of a kite board. Go kite boarding, and when you hook something, just take it to shore, and throw on the grill. Of course this could could be intresting if something stronger then your kite....
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board