AmbergrisCaye.com Home

from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye

Posted By: snorkelgirl

from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/17/06 06:05 PM

My daughter wants to day trip to do the Black Hole from San Pedro. I couldn't find that excursion listed on tour company websites. Know anyone who does it?

Also, I thought I had seen an overnight snorkeling/camping trip to Goff's Caye and couldn't find that either???
Posted By: papashine

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/17/06 06:07 PM

Look under "Blue Hole" not black hole

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/17/06 06:15 PM

For real, I mean Black Hole Drop the rappelling site on the mainland, not the dive site. Thanks, tho : )
Posted By: papashine

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/17/06 06:17 PM

My mistake, sorry.
Posted By: JZB

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/17/06 06:23 PM

I know the Black Hole Drop is done by Ian Andersons Cave Branch. You can find information on the tour by going to Ian Andersons website. We did the Black Hole a few years ago and it was amazing! I don't think it is offered as a day tour from San Pedro because the tour alone is a full day and doesn't allow for travel time from the Island. You would need to spend two nights at Ian Andersons to do it.

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/18/06 08:18 PM

OK we'll have to plan more time in the jungle next trip...

How about Goff's Caye (overnight)...anybody???

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/18/06 08:18 PM

Goodness, that's a request for info above, not an invitation!
Posted By: JZB

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/18/06 09:49 PM

Goff's Caye is a tiny little island (Basically a large sandbar) on the reef closer to Belize City than the Ambergris. I have personally never heard of anyone camping out there. Most Manatee tours make a snorkel/lunch stop at Goffs, it really is a pretty island. Be sure not to go there on cruiseship days. The snorkeling is ok, but I prefer Hol Chan to it.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: from AC to Black Hole Drop // Goff's Caye - 04/18/06 10:31 PM

Goff's Caye is a great snorkeling spot. Saw lots of neat fish. The current was strong the day I was there, though.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board