AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Don Greife Fly Fishing Guides - 04/25/06 08:13 PM
Son Steve and I would like to fly fish the AC flats for Bone fish and deeper water for tarpon in November. I'm new to this board and have yet to visit your island. And, honestly, I've found it a little strange that I have not found a significant number of posts about fly fishing on this BB. Does no one on AC fly fish? Are there no fly fishing guides there? Is there a fly shop on the island? We would just like to try some new waters this fall. If there are "real, honest to goodness, fly fishing guides there", perhaps some of the locals and lurkers on this board will share their experiences with me. Guide names, contacts, and your opinions of the trips they provided to you would truly be appreciated. confused
Posted By: Under Da Water Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/25/06 08:48 PM
I enjoyed fly fishing with Tanisha Tours. They can be reached at Tanishtours.com or [email protected]
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/25/06 09:16 PM
Lots of bone fish, tarpen, permit etc. Do a search on the top right side of this page (just under "post a poll" button) and type in "fly fishing guide". That should help you cool
Posted By: globalboy Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 12:26 AM
El Pescador is one of the most famous fishing lodges in the world, located on AC, with some of the best tarpon and bonefishing imaginable; fly fishing is the preferred method. Contact them.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 01:18 AM
Many thanks 2Miles,,. You are right. There is a plethora of great info there.
Posted By: belizabeth Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 03:05 AM
In November Captain Jeff will be back here. Not sure all the types of fishing he does, but it would be worth your while to ask him. [email protected] is his email
Posted By: captjeff Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 11:54 AM
please do use my board name capt jeff ,I am not a guide just a fishing gringo.however there was a guide down here from the midwest for a few winetermonths and I guess he is a capt of sorts but I have been using the name capt jeff for three years on the board !!!! this guy just started fishing charters here just to clear the air.there is another jeff out there ..also look up fishingsanpedro.com steve books local guides who fish here all year round ...tight lines to you..
Posted By: klcman Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 11:57 AM
and anyone familiar with AC can tell you there is only ONE Capt Jeff ( the non-guiding gringo) and he is THE MAN!!! laugh
Posted By: captjeff Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 03:14 PM
klcman thank you.just wanted to set the post right .while his name is jeff and he has a boat ,he is not me.I am the living the dream capt jeff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 04/26/06 04:29 PM
Hey, wait un momento...I thought I was DA MAN?? For flyfishing...I would contact Pete Graniels brother on the lagoon side near the old soccer field. I can't remember his first name...just ask anyone on fishermans row. He is good. Flys can be had at a premium at El Pescadore Lodge. Flyfishing guides always have their own flys...they know best what works best. A 7 or 8 weight rod would be fine for the bonefish, but you'll need at least a 10 for the tarpon. Don't forget going for the grand slam. Catch a permit...the boney and tarpon will be easier. Good luck!!
Posted By: renski Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 05/08/06 07:47 PM
whoa...what about Eloy Gonzalez..local man awesome fly fisherman! contact him at [email protected]
Posted By: belizabeth Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 05/11/06 02:34 PM
My apologies, I didn't realize that was your screen name at the time I posted the response.
Posted By: atomicindy Re: Fly Fishing Guides - 05/12/06 02:35 AM
I would like to go bonefishing but do not know how to fly fish. Does anyone know if El Pescadore or any of the local guide teach fly fishing?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board