AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: crayonlover06 Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 03:30 PM
I don't mean to belittle the community but, we're planning out 2nd trip down to AC soon and I was thinking of bringing down some of our old items, items that I was going to take to Good Will.

Is there a place that would take these items? It's mostly used clothing.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 03:37 PM
All of the churches distribute clothing. And there are always needy people.
Posted By: Bzedoll Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 04:33 PM
Also The Lions club would accept it. Nurse Kelly at The Poly-clinic knows of lots of needy families and might be the perfect person to distribute the clothes.
Posted By: lacysisland Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 08:50 PM
Bzedoll, Do you know if the Lion's Club in SP needs or accepts used perscription eyeglasses for recycling?
Posted By: kwalkpt Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 09:05 PM
Nurse Kelly accepts clothing and toys for needy families. She distributes them to families that are suffering with AIDS or other life-threatening disease.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 10:07 PM
If the Lion's Club in San Pedro can't take the glasses I believe the Lions Club in Belize City has an eye centre. As you must know vision is high on the Lion's club priority list. If you drop them off here one of the Lions will ensure they make it over to the city.
Posted By: lacysisland Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 10:19 PM
Thanks Amanda, I will do that when we arrive.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 10:29 PM
I took and old thang, but no one would take her frown
Posted By: belizegial Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 10:46 PM
crayonlover06, if you have extra to spare, we on the mainland will accept too, especially kids clothing.

It's very hard to get kids clothing here and new ones are expensive.
Posted By: crayonlover06 Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/04/06 10:58 PM
Thanks so much for the great information! belizegial, where on the mainland would I leave items? We weren't planning on going there but obviously will be at the airport.
Posted By: belizegial Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/05/06 01:01 AM
crayonlover06, I am in Dangriga but items can be sent to me from the Int'l airport on Maya Island Air.

You can e-mail me at:

[email protected]
Posted By: lacysisland Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/05/06 05:59 AM
Is there anyway for organizations to have a donation drop at The Airport in Bze, and such will it get to the right parties? Just wondering..around..
Posted By: belizegial Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/05/06 11:29 AM
lacysisland, I think that's a good idea, but it might be diffucult for someone to monitor as the airport can get very busy.

Stuff I'm looking for is kids clothing sizes 6 - 12 for both boys and girls.
Posted By: crayonlover06 Re: Taking old items to AC - 05/05/06 04:37 PM
Wonderful, thanks again.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board