AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Gas or Electric

Posted By: mikeh375

Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 09:12 PM

Would you suggest I rent a gas or electric powered golf cart? How far will a full tank of gas get me?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 09:17 PM

If you want to go North you will definitely need gas - we ran the whole island for a full day and didn't empty a tank. I don't have any experience w/ electric so don't know how long a charge will last.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 09:20 PM

Mike, A full tank of gas should last you 4 to 5 days. And that would be with making several trips to the north and even to the south of town. It will cost you somwhere around $20 to $30 US to fill up a near empty cart with the current fuel prices.I may be off a little but not by much.
Posted By: GailM

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 09:20 PM

Gas lasts for a long time. Most of the golf cart rental places will give you a gas cart if you go north of the cut. I had a gas cart a coule of months ago for 4 days and only used about 1/4 of the tank, if that much.

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 10:18 PM

Thanks to you all for your feedback. We'll be staying at Banana Beach, and envision using the golf cart to go into San Pedro several times for shopping,picking up some groceries and bottled water, and also using it to do a little island exploring. If we go out to dinner at a more upscale restaurant, we'll either take a taxi or perhaps a water taxi to get up North.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 10:47 PM

re: Tim's comments, I completely agree. I've always rented through BB and find the convenience and the quality of the carts worth it. Additionally, as they are on site you only pay for the time you actually use them - I suppose you could use a cart enough to make a weekly rental worth it, but I never have. For instance what's the point of paying a day's rental for a cart when you're gone on a snorkle trip all day? Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:10 PM

Gaz -please explain how you could deal with someone when they have broken down-especially as you are not always in the country -example I had a guest stay this week who had an accident in his golf cart and an arab looking gentleman wanted 4000 usd for the damage-I think they settled on 200usd-you do deal with this company - they are the nearest company to me (I think)-what you might think of doing is offering fully comprehensive insurance-you would clean up

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:22 PM

Ladies, and gentlemen, I wasn't looking to get anything stirred up here. I've had my original questions answered, and for that I thank you. I know who I'll be renting from, so let's just let things rest now.
Posted By: 737Pilot

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:35 PM

Mike,

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:36 PM

what a message-EJR is possibly drinking Jagermeister at Pedro's

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:41 PM

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Too much rum punch. Yes, we have been back for 2 weeks now, and I'm still drinking rum punch. Anyway, there is a little tienda down the street from BB. If you go towards town, and take the first left, it's right there on the left. They used to be located right across the street from BB. Same owners. You can get everything that you need there. My husband and I also stay at BB every time we come. The girls at Monkey Business are awesome. If you snorkel or dive, try to go out at night. We went with Alphonso. Awesome trip!! Good luck. By the way, the renters for the golf carts will top it off almost every night!!

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:41 PM

Hi pedro 1 Can't wait to taste your pizza next time we are there!

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/12/06 11:54 PM

Gaz-unfortunately me thinks you have eaten a lot of Pizzas-me on the other hand....................perfection!!!!!!!

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 12:01 AM

Pedro1, my wife and I are both looking forward to your pizza. I've gotta ask you though, what is it about Englishmen and pizza? My wife and I spend a fair amount of time on the island of St. Barts, and the best pizza on the island is made by an Englishman. It's a thin, crispy crust, has great sauce, and fabulous cheese. smile

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 12:23 AM

Well my chef and partner in this venture is also english(Adam)-in my opinion he is the best chef on the island and probably in Belize -his chicken curry,steak and mushroom guiness pie,salads,scampi,steaks are all awesome -best of all cheap-big portions and of course the best Pizza in Central america.
Posted By: Under Da Water

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 05:02 AM

Ive seen all sorts of people promoting many different buisnesses here. Any hard working buisness person will/should promote their buisness in any oppurtunity. If it applies to the thread then fine, why does it matter? (Unless you have a competing buisness) And how is it ok to bash other peoples buisnesses, but not allright for the owner of a buisness to promote their own?
Posted By: seashell

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 08:29 AM

Ya, no one would ever want to be caught promoting Banana Beach, Pedro's or a new pizza joint on tis board . . . it would just be so wrong
Posted By: Scuba do

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 11:13 AM

Rent a gas cart,Mike
Posted By: seashell

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 04:04 PM

At least with Gaz posting with his .com, you know what and who you are hearing from.

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 04:25 PM

I guess theres no need to discuss the boring advertising thing anymore, It is no longer posted!! Mikeh375, I hope your questions have been answered as to your original post.

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 04:37 PM

Originally posted by 2MILESNORTHOFCUT:
I guess theres no need to discuss the boring advertising thing anymore, It is no longer posted!! Mikeh375, I hope your questions have been answered as to your original post.
Yes. Thanks to all.

Re: Gas or Electric - 05/13/06 09:17 PM

cool
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board