AmbergrisCaye.com Home

VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO

Posted By: Marty

VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/06/06 06:23 PM

VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO

Free Dentistry available at the San Pedro Smile Center, Located in the Government's Poly Clinic II. Children Free and a $20 per visit fee for underprivileged adults.

June 12th - 15th

9am to 4pm

We are in need of volunteers to help (No experience necessary) and dental supplies.

Contact [email protected]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/07/06 10:48 PM

"No experience necessary"?! They won't be working on me!
Posted By: bywarren

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/07/06 11:03 PM

Here I go again probably raising a point that doesn't need raising. But, I wonder what the Belizean dentist trying to make a living think about Gringos coming down and giving away free dental. confused
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/08/06 02:26 AM

Question, why is it "free? then say $20. I believe the wording "underprivledged adults" is unappropriate to some here...and who determines who is underprivledged. Perhaps it should just say $20 Adults.

Pedro2, the no experience necessary is not the people working on the teeth but you gave me a good laugh!
Posted By: montgomeryr3

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/10/06 09:26 PM

most communities in the U.S. have programs that give away free dental care periodically, i don't think it will take away from the dentists in Belize

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/10/06 09:46 PM

I just wonder how the local dentists in the US would react if dentists from another country came into their community to give away their services.
Just a philosophical question. I really have nothing against people donating their time and services to help others. I just enjoy exploring how others might feel about it or what other reactions might be to an otherwise well intentioned jesture.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/10/06 09:53 PM

A thought, the dental education that people receive may send them to the local dentist more than they might have before the volunteer service arrived.

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/10/06 10:05 PM

Excellent point Simon. Especially if it is for free. wink That is going to see their local dentist.
Posted By: beachboy

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/10/06 11:20 PM

I have been speaking to an American Vet this afternoon who has noticed that many dogs here need treatment. He wants to come back to offer voluntary services here for a while.

I know this is a different area but surely any additional training which we can get must help the community at large.

i certainly welcome it.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: VOLUNTEER DENTISTS IN SAN PEDRO - 06/11/06 02:24 PM

If you see him again, send him over to the clinic to talk to the vet about volunteering.

The permit process is the problem as obtaining a vet license in Belize takes quite some time.

Cheers,

S...
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board