AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Casa Piccaso

Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Casa Piccaso - 06/06/06 10:32 PM

We went to one of our favorate places in san pedro for dinner last weekend.(Casa Picasso). Shrimp bisque soup,(Yummey) tapatisers (sp) (Ummmmmm good) Hard shell chocolete coconut ice cream desert(wish i had some now) metropolitans (many for me) laugh rum punch etc. Great as always.....keep up the good job Chris and Jenn.....thanks.... 2miles smile
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/06/06 10:35 PM

Casa Piccaso rocks! Best mojitos on the island, even their stand in mojito mixer is pretty amazing. (wink)

Keep on keepin' on.

SIN
Posted By: mikeh375

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 12:45 AM

My wife and I enjoyed Casa Picasso as well. Their Pasta Picasso is to die for! Joan is going to try and recreate it for dinner this weekend.
Posted By: J DOG

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 03:04 PM

One of my favorites also, we ate there in May,too many martinis ,my bill was $236us. ouch! we had a good time though & that's all that matters. There were 3 of us & we left feeling really gooood!!!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 03:37 PM

I may or may have not eaten there recently and may or may not have a had a great meal, great service and may or may have not had a great night. I would love to tell you but some may or may not have issue. laugh
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 04:03 PM

Actually I ate there on monday night and I have no problem about saying that it was terrific-some people should or should not develop a backbone
Posted By: cracked up

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 05:54 PM

Have you been checked for ADD?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 07:54 PM

Simon - you are funny! laugh
Peter - you are Peter! :rolleyes:

Casa Picasso is by far my favorite restaurant on the island - could it be due to the delightful owners? - nah, I think it's that cracked coconut thing!!! wink
Posted By: Tim Jeffers

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 08:24 PM

Chris' favorite is Jagermeister and Doritos!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/07/06 09:26 PM

Anybody who loves Doritos can't be all bad - especially if they prefer double-queso with ranchero and tons of MSG. I remember them fondly from my pre-heart-smart days.
Ah the memories.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/08/06 02:36 PM

2miles, great meeting you by the way~ ya, we had a really nice dinner the last time I was down! I agree that the chocolate/coconut dessert is divine!! The Gaspacho is yummy - not to forget the best martinis on the island!!! Everything else we had was wonderful as well! And with Chris as the "host"... can't go wrong there!

Jagermeister = yuck, hungover, horrible tasting, dreadful smell, just down right nasty!

Doritos - YUMMY!!! Any flavor please!!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/08/06 09:15 PM

Thanks MS Queen, It was great to finally meet you also. Hope to see you again on another trip down smile
Posted By: seashell

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/09/06 05:57 AM

What was the name of that sinful dessert that I thought should be rubbed all over?
Posted By: Beachy

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 12:36 AM

Originally posted by seashell:
What was the name of that sinful dessert that I thought should be rubbed all over?
Cracked coconut, Seashell, its no coincidence that the waiter abbreviation for this dessert is Crack.

Originally posted by Tim Jeffers:
Chris' favorite is Jagermeister and Doritos!
Tim--Give me junk food or/and? give me death!Its all part of my culinary training, need to get a sampling of all the flavors, so to speak.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 12:39 AM

give it to us simon, heck with those that battle over minutiae.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 01:38 AM

Man, it's Friday and I'm dying for some of that scrumptious Paella!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 02:51 AM

Indeed the cracked coconut was delicious, but I'm talking about the sinfully delicious dessert that I thought should be rubbed all over. I think it had bananas and caramel?

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 02:53 AM

That would be:

Bananas Picasso
Banana slices sautéed in a warm rum toffee sauce topped with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream. Belize’s own One Barrel rum adds a delicious twist to this favorite

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 02:56 AM

MmmMmmmmMmmmmm

lick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 03:54 AM

Chris & Jenn, Could you please deliver some cracked coconut. I promise not to waste it by spreading it all over anything - it all goes right in my mouth! Now the carmel and bananas - well that's a different thing . . .
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 05:36 AM

Okay, I am the third woman who would enjoy the carmel and banana desert - LOL. Still, after a time at the bar, sucking up martinis, then dinner, then the cracked coconut, don't believe I would have the energy!
Posted By: lacysisland

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:41 AM

it's all great!!Cracked coconuts and more....
Posted By: KathyA

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 10:34 AM

Hey klcman, I had the Bananas Picasso and it was sinfully good!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 12:30 PM

Heck yes!~ SS/klc/law, that Bananas Rum dessert was SIN-good!!! Definitely rubable... and the dessert too!!!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 12:45 PM

LOL

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 04:52 PM

ya kinda slurped up that Gaspacho too there TQ! next time get your own!!!!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 05:03 PM

Rubadubdub!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 06:16 PM

Banana picasso with cracked coconuts thats got to hurt eek BTW Beachy, Sorry about the mis- spelled "Piccaso" in the topic. frown

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 07:45 PM

the ONLY way to end up a wonderful evening at CP correctly, is, in my NSHO, have enough people with ya to enjoy BOTH the BP & CC! Right gals?

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:20 PM

Absolutely!!

And in an ideal world, one would also take home an extra serving of Banana Picasso and rub it all over someone they love.

lick

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:23 PM

What? Bad Peter and Crazy Canucks? jk! Yes, I agree, yummy desserts and great company!

SS, why do you have to "love"? What about just like... or just lust? wink

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:27 PM

Oh, good point. Perhaps that should read "they love or someone they'd like to love."

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:28 PM

Or perhaps it should just say "someone they'd like to lick."

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 08:30 PM

LOL!
Posted By: Beachy

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 09:35 PM

The Cracked Coconut bikini top has been suggested more than once...No problem about the spelling, senor----heck, my mom still calls the place Cafe Picasso... :rolleyes:

ps: We probably currently have a quart or so of Bananas Picasso sauce...think of the potential!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 11:25 PM

MmmmMmmmmMmmmmm

lick

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 11:34 PM

I just gained 5 pounds just reading this post eek

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 11:36 PM

Pedro1 probably got a small hummer.
Posted By: beachboy

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/10/06 11:59 PM

I didn't know GM made a small Hummer!

I know Pedro likes to try to get a "Big Hummer". But probably only in the morning as Jaegers are not condusive with big Hummers late at night.

He is fast asleep at the moment so big hummers are certainly not happenning!

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 12:06 AM

biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 01:02 AM

Girl don't hurt yourself! Just say it! wink

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 03:11 AM

must have discipline . . .

this is not Chat . . .

discipline, that's the key.

Bananas Picasso . . .

MmmmMmmmMmmmm

lick
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 03:47 AM

wow just read this thread. I'll definately have to pick up some of that Banana Picasso. And I thought Chocolate and Whip Cream was good...
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 03:48 AM

TQ must have discipline as some of us would get in trouble if we said what was on our minds in a topic like this wink
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/11/06 05:58 PM

Yum! I want to try the dessert too!

Kra-Z-K, it's all in how you word things. wink
Posted By: spots101x

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/12/06 03:14 PM

Okay, y'all got me hooked with the Bananas Picasso...looks like I really missed out on my last trip in May so I guess I'll just have to get back to SP ASAP to try this...I'm looking for restaurants where I won't be treated like a pariah when I come in to dine alone - would y'all say this is place I should try?
Posted By: JZB

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/12/06 03:44 PM

At Casa P's you can always dine at the bar. So although you are eating alone, there are always friendly patrons and staff there happy to chat with you.

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/13/06 02:35 AM

I find it hard to believe that you've been or would be treated like a pariah at any place in SP, just for showing up to dine alone.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Casa Piccaso - 06/13/06 02:59 PM

SIN - I like the direction your mind was going - - - Three men in a tub sounds good to me.
SPOTS101x - I often dine alone and have never been treated with anything but great respect. I meet the most interesting people this way.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board