AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jackie22 SP email responses - 06/14/06 05:59 PM
I've emailed a couple of places about reservations, and tours in San Pedro and haven't heard back from any of these businesses. Do local businesses generally respond quickly to email? I'm just wondering why I haven't heard back or if it's just better to call? These places include Spindrift's, Ruby's, SEAduced, and a few others.
Posted By: spl Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 06:05 PM
It's belize. RELAX wink
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 06:09 PM
no, really it's been quite a few days. So then I should expect a response in a week or 2? or none at all?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 06:23 PM
You should have a response in a week unless there's a specific reason. We try to reply within a couple days, but sometimes things slip behind the ecabinet.
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 06:32 PM
Originally posted by pedro2:
You should have a response in a week unless there's a specific reason. We try to reply within a couple days, but sometimes things slip behind the ecabinet.
Thanks. This information will at least give me a better idea for my travel planning.
Posted By: Marty Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 07:46 PM
world cup
Posted By: SimonB Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:01 PM
IMO there's no excuse for not replying to business related e-mails within 24 hours even if it's only to acknowledge that the e-mail was received. Anyone who isn't doing that is throwing away business.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:06 PM
Simon throwing toys out of his pram-however Jackie email me at [email protected] and I will have all the prices for you within an hour-will that do??
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:10 PM
P1, why be mean to Simon? He's my boy! Behave!!

Simon, I'm down again soon. What can I bring you? PM.

Jackie, when are we going to have time to do all of your activities?? LOL
Posted By: SimonB Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:13 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure it's supposed to be funny but for the life of me I can't figure out how.
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:23 PM
Simon- I didn't get it either, was I supposed to?

Pedro1- Thanks for the offer, but I need prices and confirmations from the businesses I've inquired with... I don't see how you can help with this.

TQ- Well I guess I can't do everything while we're there... maybe 1 or 2 trips. So are ya down for a few? cool
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:32 PM
Me, a few trips to SP? Not likely. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:33 PM
QT - you're planning a return trip without me? laugh
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:35 PM
Never daaaaaaawling... you down???
Posted By: Jackie22 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:36 PM
HAHA! Not a few trips to SP... even though you have FAAARRRR surpassed that marker... I'm talking about day trips from the island. laugh
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:37 PM
Your turn with him simon :p
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:37 PM
Ah, yes, of course, down for any adventure in BZE... will discuss...
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:37 PM
I deal with some of the businesses you have tried to contact and the others I would call on the phone
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:37 PM
anything's possible! wink
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:38 PM
2miles, it's going to be my turn next!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:39 PM
Go for it queenie laugh
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:40 PM
He can't keep up with me!!!!!!!!! wink
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: SP email responses - 06/14/06 08:40 PM
laugh laugh laugh eek
Posted By: Barbara K Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 02:11 PM
Some places reply fast, others don't reply fast or at all. Try emailing again. Calling may or may not work when email doesn't. Sometimes nothing works! Keep trying.
Posted By: krehfish Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 02:51 PM
Jackie: Take Peter up on his offer(the contact one). Despite some occasional mood swings, he'll do right by you.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 03:30 PM
Originally posted by krehfish:
he'll do right by you.
eek eek eek eek eek
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 03:50 PM
response in less than an hour
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 03:53 PM
Wow Peter, a whole hour!?! :p
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 03:58 PM
actually 40 minutes but it was my second time around
Posted By: spots101x Re: SP email responses - 06/15/06 08:32 PM
Jackie: I remember my first trip - how I did all this extensive research and tried to do all this advance scheduling and planning. Once I got to SP, I soon understood why this philosphy didn't work very well. And I think you'll get what I mean after your first visit. Now, when I dream of my return trips, I just make a list of what might interest me and schedule as much as I can once I get there. There's been more than one restaurant that that I wanted to try, only to find it gone when I got there. And while this is my only international internet experience, my cousins who live there and not received many of my emails tell me the technology isn't quite like in the US. If it were me, I'd follow Barbara K's advise and email again...if still no response then move on to someone else...I've yet not to find something just as good or, often, even better!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board