AmbergrisCaye.com Home

who's down in august

Posted By: captjeff

who's down in august - 07/17/06 09:59 PM

Well who is arriving in august? I will be down the 15 for my fishing ,fine dining and a just all around living the dream week who is around then .
Posted By: mobunny

Re: who's down in august - 07/17/06 10:05 PM

Boo hoo hoo. We are going to miss you by several days Capt Jeff. Me and the Irminator fly out of San Pedro on the 10th of August. Maybe next time. mo cool
Posted By: JZB

Re: who's down in august - 07/17/06 10:05 PM

captjeff, just curious, what do you do in the States for a living? You seem to travel alot. I think I want to be you when I grow up! laugh
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: who's down in august - 07/17/06 10:08 PM

We arrive on the 16th of August, and get to stay until the 29th. Woooohoooo...can't wait.
Posted By: budah

Re: who's down in august - 07/17/06 10:25 PM

Just got back yesterday, and did enjoy some fishing,fine dining and a hell of a great time. will have to wait til Jan. trying to deal with reality right now
Posted By: lenox862

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 12:34 AM

my daughter & i arrive 8/1 and have diving scheduled for 8/2 & 8/3 before departing on 8/4 for cayo.

but i don't know anyone anyway.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 12:58 AM

lenox, I bet you will by the time you leave. Lots of friendly people there - you'll have a great time. smile

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 02:02 AM

funny, law, that of all the posters i've read over the last couple of months, the one that i thought i'd like to know is you.
Posted By: belizegial

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 03:35 AM

Can I ask some of you good people for donation of school supplies for our school?

I know I'm ok with you lawcucui wink

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 04:01 AM

lenox, what a lovely compliment - thank you.
Djean - it's getting time for me to start shopping. Please email me an updated list - thanks!

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 11:58 AM

mo bunny will miss you boo hoo ,have a living the dream time..

SUN AND SAND .. call me we will have a drink or two together my belize cell is 600 9650 ,condo tel 2062229 .after 12 noon out fishing before do not leave voice mail.it does not work well???

JZB I own travel companies and some other business things,only work about 130 days a year the rest of the time is travel,fishing and trying hard to live the dream for as long as I can!!!!!!! please call also we will chat..

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 11:59 AM

Ah, I see the other coast is waking up. smile
C Jeff, are you coming back down in Sept?

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 12:01 PM

BELIZE GAL e mail me your tel no# we will chat .my e mail is [email protected]

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 12:25 PM

Belizegal, I would be happy to bring down school supplies. Let me know what you need the most of...I will add it to my list of stuff to bring. Let me know what you need the most.
Capt Jeff, will for sure look you up...a cold adult beverage would be fine!

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 02:24 PM

School supplies are:

pens, pencils, paper, notebook, construction paper, scissors, glue, ruler, sharpeners, markers, white paper plates, crayons, art paint,pocket folder, white envelopes, craft sticks, little token prizes for boy & girls,pencil cases, stickers

we are not on San Pedro. We are on the mainland, Dangriga.

What I do is take pictures of the kids with the donated stuff and send back to you to verify that the stuff did go to the kids / school.

Lawcucui can verify this as I have also personally met her and her husband.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 03:40 PM

lenox, Law is a wonderful woman! I'm happy to have met her and lucky that were are such close friends.

belizegial, will make a note of these items and will leave them for you at the Belize airport. Will let you know when I'll be down next time and we'll coordinate something.
Posted By: snorkelgirl

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 04:09 PM

Cap'n J

Hope you're planning a trip in Feb 07. I'm hoping to go then and I want your personal tour of restaurants! I've read your fine dining reports and think you'd make a great guide : )

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 04:34 PM

law my love ,yes ?? but what date in sept ?? do not know yet

Snorkelgirl no ,as I will be going to New Zealand /australia for a month ,it is on my living the dream travel plan list, need to see it.. but will be in sanpedro Jan /and march.

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 06:18 PM

Capt. Jeff - make it early Sept. and I'll buy the first round. Me and the girls are there Sept 1 - 9.

TQ, you little QT, get your butt out here! wink
DJean - thanks for the list, all the school supplies went on sale this week, so I'm stocking up! smile
Posted By: CaliBlueFrog

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 07:27 PM

DJean - I will also be down Sept. 1-9th. I brought school supplies down for St. Peter's, but will gladly bring more for your school in Dangriga, but how will you receive them? Leave them at the airport, or will you be able to meet me there? You would be surprised at how much a few dollars goes in a .99 Cent Store, for supplies.
Law - since you don't do the "fishing" thing, maybe I could entice Capt. Jeff to join me on an excursion?
Capt. Jeff - what do ya say? Are you game?

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 07:53 PM

All you need to do is bring the stuff already packed and then just ask the personnel at the Maya Island Air desk to forward the parcel to:

Debbie Jones
Dangriga.

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 07:55 PM

captjeff, I tried to send you an e-mail but it came back as mail error.

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 08:03 PM

just got 53 e mails today [email protected] try again please .it may be reading it as spam ??/you can call me collect any time..001 -732 -2574545 when prompt comes on press 0 ask for jeff kivet ..

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 08:07 PM

blue frog what kind of excursion ??if you mean jungle ,think not.mainland and me do not get along ..
Posted By: kris48

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 09:11 PM

Anybody looking for school supplies, try Target. They have a lot of basic supplies right now priced at 20 cents each, crayons, pencils, paper, glue, etc.

Re: who's down in august - 07/18/06 09:24 PM

Will try to gather up as much as I can before I come down. I 'll leave them at the Mayan Air desk, and hope you get them, Debbie. If anyone else wants to send stuff, I'll be happy to take it with us, as well. PM me and we can exchange addresses.

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 12:20 AM

Oh yes, once you give it to Maya Island desk and tell them to forward it to me here in Dangriga, it will get to me.

Don't worry.

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 12:31 AM

OkeyDokey...I'll shop soon....Anything you need for yourself that I can stick in the box?? Be happy to pick it up for you.

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 01:02 AM

Sun&sand, thanks for the offer.

If you can drop me a line at :

[email protected]

then I'll let you know.
Posted By: CaliBlueFrog

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 01:19 AM

Capt. Jeff - I meant FISHING! Didn't get to go last time, but did all the mainland stuff the first trip down. I just want to hang around A/C this time, party with the girls, snorkel, and fish. I just don't know many ladies that like to fish, and I love being on boats.
Posted By: TannedBanana

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 02:19 AM

The wife and I will be down from the morning of the 18th to the aftenoon of the 22nd. Wish we could stay longer but can't leave the kids with grandma and grandpa for much longer than 6 days. frown

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 11:51 AM

Blue from we may have something here ,fishing did you say fishing.did you say ladies ??????you must fish if you come here !!!!!!!when you get close to the time to go ,let me know we will see when I am down .. To early for me now to make plans????? but if I am there it is a deal.......

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 11:53 AM

Tanned banana ,cool give me a call will buy you guys a drink.
Posted By: Craigswench

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 12:37 PM

I won't be in Belize in August, but I WILL be on a Royal Caribbean cruise, booked by none other than our cruisemaster-- Capt. Jeff.
BTW, if anyone is interested in cruising, my sister just used his business for a Carnival to Turks and Caicos, and she said it was a pleasure doing business with CVC!!!!!!!
Capt- Adam and Tami are the best!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 01:16 PM

CaptJeff: I am currently touring the south seas on a kayak...well, I'm reading a book about kayaking the southseas...The Happy Isles of Oceania "Paddling the Pacific" by Paul Theroux. Take care mi amigo: Bill, Prez. SPA-SC PS. Beware the Cannibals.
Posted By: RI Beth

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 01:50 PM

Good morning, Capt Jeff!

I will be there from 8/12 - 8/26! Yippee!

Beth
Posted By: knowell

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 02:01 PM

August 19 - 26. laugh

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 02:37 PM

Beth, you bum! How'd you manage that? :p
Bill, nice to see you!

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 02:40 PM

Capt,
We'll give you a call. Would enjoy meeting up for a beer. Also, My wife and I love to fish, so you could probably give us some insight.

Chris

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 05:37 PM

Craigswench, thanks for the nice words, All my staff are great they make me look good. call me at work to say hello, will send you a cheap bottle of wine on your cruise.thanks again for the kind words..have a living the dream time..

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 05:41 PM

beth just super ,see ya there.
knowell cool ,see ya also.
banana ,you call me, we will have a cold one and chat..
Posted By: reaper

Re: who's down in august - 07/19/06 06:05 PM

NewJoyseyJeff running today at opening day, Del Mar!

You big chicken...going down under in February instead of going above SP with me in Feb.!!!!!!!!

C-ya when I see ya! laugh
Posted By: Dan Carey

Re: who's down in august - 07/20/06 03:39 PM

&nbsp Jeff,

Beggin' the captain's pardon for posting elsewhere. I, along with my crony Eric, will be in San Pedro Town August 16-22. 622-2397 is my number. See you then.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

Re: who's down in august - 07/20/06 04:38 PM

Dan ,crony.. boy have not heard that word in years.my dad may he rest in peace would say where where you till 3 am hanging out with your crony ernie.brings back good times . be down the 15 ..buy you a cold one or two ,my cell in belize 600 9650 after noon out fishing till then..

Re: who's down in august - 07/20/06 06:25 PM

reaper sorry man ,will miss yaaaaaaaaaaaa.but next trip for sure..

Re: who's down in august - 07/20/06 11:17 PM

Ok, I'll play too. Belize cell 622-0118. Now everyone knows who would like to make that their permanent home. Don't own anything but we have seen C.J.'s place. Jeff buy us some drinks at Squirrel's Nest and maybe we will tell you who let us in (but I know you alreay know, just want free drinks). Or better yet drinks by the pool at your place. cool

Re: who's down in august - 07/21/06 12:23 PM

knowell,will buy you drinks anytime.anyplace..how did you get to see the love shack???????????? you need a top security clearence???to get in.Did you bribe someone??..

Re: who's down in august - 07/21/06 12:59 PM

Only a bribe will get you the answer. laugh Very nice place though.
Posted By: klcman

Re: who's down in august - 07/21/06 01:02 PM

I know I know......... laugh

(but it wasn't me CJ!!!)
Posted By: Squidgy

Re: who's down in august - 07/22/06 06:03 AM

Hello all. Someone here will definitely be able to answer this question...how much should I expect to pay for a beer in the bar when Im down next month? Pina Coladas? What about eer from the store? Let me know. Cheers!
Posted By: Texas Sue

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 01:40 PM

I would have loved to meet you, but my dates are 3rd - 9th. Have fun on your trip.

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 05:58 PM

16 more days...ah... can't wait....

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 06:10 PM

19 ah... wink

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 06:27 PM

18 more days for me and the Mrs.....sweet relief will be here soon. smile

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 07:22 PM

hot damn...in 24 hours i'll be touching down in san pedro. thanks to all who answered questions and especially to katie valk who helped me plan and gave me guidance as to the best places to stay at relative to my needs. will try to post a trip report on my return.

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 09:00 PM

travelqueen, just checking if I'm to expect any school supplies from you.

You can drop me a line at [email protected]

Re: who's down in august - 07/31/06 09:13 PM

Yes, I'll e-mail you soon belizegial.

Thanks for the reminder!

Re: who's down in august - 08/06/06 05:02 PM

10 more days till paradise!!!! Finalizing orders, luggage is pretty full....any one else need anything? Let me know ASAP...once I sit on it to close it, it doesn't get opened until we get there. laugh

Re: who's down in august - 08/12/06 02:30 PM

One more week. See ya next Sat afternoon. cool

Re: who's down in august - 08/12/06 05:50 PM

Four more days....aaahhhhhh....
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: who's down in august - 08/13/06 08:53 AM

6 more days, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Re: who's down in august - 08/25/06 06:31 PM

THANKS to Sun&sand and travelqueen for the school supplies.

We really appreciate it and I will send pics to you.
Posted By: CyaBye

Re: who's down in august - 08/26/06 04:25 PM

Captjeff,

I've read your post's for years and I'd enjoy spending a day fishing with you. If you have an available spot on the boat next time you're down, let me know and I'll make plans to head down to San Pedro.

Joe

Re: who's down in august - 08/26/06 04:30 PM

Your on watch for my commings and goings..would love to fish with ya and live the dream ...

Re: who's down in august - 08/28/06 06:32 PM

Where is Sun&sand?????????

Anyone seen her?
Posted By: kwalkpt

Re: who's down in august - 08/28/06 09:16 PM

Saw Sun & Sand yesterday at the BDARRT party. Heading back to the states Tuesday.

Re: who's down in august - 08/28/06 11:15 PM

thank you kwalkpt.

Re: who's down in august - 08/30/06 12:43 AM

Hey all. We are still in SP. Miami is closed to air traffic, so hopefully tomorrow we can get home. Hubby is fighting kidney stones, and Dr. Tina and Dr. Dan are in Costa Rica, so he's just hurting. We did get some drugs before they left, but are running scared now.
Capt Jeff, we will have to wait till next time for that drink you promised. I have wanted to call, but not too sure about leaving our place, for fear of the attack of the stones, so next time, OK? have a very weak signal, so until we get home, everyone stay safe

Re: who's down in august - 08/30/06 12:44 AM

Hey all. We are still in SP. Miami is closed to air traffic, so hopefully tomorrow we can get home. Hubby is fighting kidney stones, and Dr. Tina and Dr. Dan are in Costa Rica, so he's just hurting. We did get some drugs before they left, but are running scared now.
Capt Jeff, we will have to wait till next time for that drink you promised. I have wanted to call, but not too sure about leaving our place, for fear of the attack of the stones, so next time, OK? have a very weak signal, so until we get home, everyone stay safe

Re: who's down in august - 08/30/06 12:51 AM

Re: who's down in august - 08/30/06 12:55 AM

Sorry about the above...I guess the signal sent it before bumping me off, but I couldn't tell. I'm on a laptop, and the signal keeps disapearing. Forgive me, guys....I didn't know I would be repeating myself so many times.
Anyhow, stay safe.

Re: who's down in august - 08/30/06 01:30 AM

Hello Sun&sand, I am so sorry to hear about your hubby.

Hope you get home soon.

Re: who's down in august - 09/02/06 01:40 AM

Thanks to lawcucui. I received her kind donation of school supplies today.

Thanks.

Re: who's down in august - 09/02/06 02:29 PM

Sun and sand next trip we will do drinks and dinner,hope husband gets on the mend quick...
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board