AmbergrisCaye.com Home

AC and the decorating of for Xmas

Posted By: cokelush

AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/22/06 09:06 PM

Hi!
We are coming in December for a week, and while we'd originally scheduled for the 5th-12th we now may have to come the week of the 15th. Is AC decorated for Christmas yet during that week?

I really don't want to experience AC with blow up santas everywhere (nothing against Christmas, I'd just like to experience AC as it normally is)... but then I wonder will the decor be up by the 5th as well??

I know here in the states the decorations go up earlier and earlier.

Thanks!
Robin
Posted By: deacon+

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/22/06 09:15 PM

Last year the day after Halloween Christmas stuff was for salehere in San Diego.

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/22/06 10:23 PM

please tell me people on ac don't put stuff up that early! smile
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/22/06 11:10 PM

yes, we decorate in SP first week SP. It is mostly lights, decorations, not blow up santas.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 01:59 AM

Probably about 95% + of the population of the island is Christian. So Christmas is celebrated in a big way.

We might not have many blow up Santa's but the Alfaro house had a cool display last year. Rocks always used to do good lovely nativity scene. And town looks quaint with the Christmas lights at night.

Don't worry, it won't be overpowering.
Posted By: Tim Jeffers

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 05:32 AM

December 15th is the start of National Pepsi week- you may want to reconsider your dates. ;-)
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 01:13 PM

What happens in National Pepsi week?
Posted By: captjeff

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 02:32 PM

Tim again you are to funny..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 03:09 PM

Let's see...giant blowup Pepsi bottles?
personally, if I had the choice I would love to blow up Santa! laugh and experience it on AC!!!!

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 03:12 PM

actually, cokelush, us folk here in redneck land never take the "Xmas" stuff down, we just unplug it for next "Xmas"! mad

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 03:50 PM

Tim, please describe all National Pepsi week festivities in full and explicit detail. Also, can you tell me whether tickets are required and if so where same may be purchased. Thank you in advance for your customary helpfulness. :p
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 03:52 PM

Rykat, I doubt very much that Brielle NJ qualifies as "REDNECK LAND" confused Right Captain Jeff?

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 03:52 PM

Thanks for your help guys. lol. Pepsi week... smile
Posted By: captjeff

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/23/06 04:54 PM

brielle redneck land think not .but Rykats home turf might be??? but the strange thing is I agree on most of what he says!!!!and can relate .

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 02:07 AM

nah, Brielle ain't exactly in redneck land but there is a bit of a Mason/Dixon line in NJ runs east to west through Ocean County, cosmo to the north and redneckish to the south. Pine Barrens? probably more redneck (was) than many parts of GA with quite a few backyard hooch cookers still workin'!, stills that is, and not illegal! laugh eek laugh

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 02:46 AM

Funny this conversation went to rednecks... I'm in mid missouri... I know that of which you speak. I'm a transplanted California girl tho'and claim no redneckness. smile

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 08:40 PM

Rykat, agree that pine barrens there are some rednecks I call them "pineys".
Posted By: LuvHotRods

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 09:05 PM

Cokelush - I just looked at your website. I am from the same area!! Small world.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 09:12 PM

Pineys
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Pineys" or Piney, is a derogatory term and refers to inhabitants of the New Jersey Pine Barrens. The Pine Barrens have sandy soil and are unsuitable for farming. The area is inhospitable and those that lived there were considered to be the dregs of society, fugitives, poachers, moonshiners, run away slaves or deserting soldiers. Often poor, Pineys were forced to make a living in any way possible. Some of the Pineys included notorious bandits known as Pine Robbers. Pineys were further demonized after two eugenics studies at the turn of the century depicted them as congenital idiots and criminals. Pineys often fostered stories of how terrible the Pine Barrens are or how violent they were in order to discourage outsiders and law enforcement from entering the Barrens. The Jersey Devil stories often had this effect. Today, Pineys tend to wear the label as a badge of honor. Much like "redneck" has become in the mountains or south.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineys"

I grew up in Freehold...

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 09:27 PM

Mobunny, I live about 15 minutes east of freehold, Near shark river (No pineys here).
Posted By: mobunny

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 09:50 PM

No. No Pineys in Freehold either but plenty of "cogenital idiots." Myself excluded. laugh I did however spend many summers at the Camp Matollionequay in the heart of the Pine Barrens. Fond memories. mo

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/24/06 11:54 PM

Hey LuvHotRods... PMed ya.
Posted By: LuvHotRods

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/25/06 12:14 PM

Got it. Sent one back at ya.
Posted By: Gela

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/26/06 04:08 PM

Back in 2001, I was on AC the first week of December and there were Christmas lights strung back and forth on front street. It was very festive at night. There was also a Christmas tree in the park - which to my surprise was fake - it looked like a real trunk with branches stuck in it. It didn't take away from the holiday feeling.
Posted By: klcman

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/26/06 08:09 PM

Hey Marty -

Resurrect that great little video clip of SP on Christmas Eve from about 4 years ago....you know the one with Roberto (Winnie Estelle)standing in the street!
Posted By: Marty

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/27/06 05:22 AM

i believe this is it
//ambergriscaye.com/art/XMASEVEINSANPEDRO.exe

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/27/06 05:24 AM

here's some pics from last christmas

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011395.html

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/29/06 07:52 PM

See, I knew I'd seen an image of a blow up santa!! I didn't think I made that up. Well, the decor isn't something I thought of before we booked this trip... I'm sure it will be fine. I'd just rather the images I take there would be plain and not festive. (I'm not anti-christmas btw. lol) -- we'll have fun anyway!
Orig. this trip was for my daughter's wedding - pics of which I was going to send you images Marty... I'm the photographer that was looking for a photog on the island awhile back... but they've since postponed the wedding a bit. We are all still coming... but not for a wedding. So... I'll still send ya some pics Marty if you want!

Thanks guys and gals... off to view the slideshow movie that M posted.

Thanks!!

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/29/06 07:54 PM

That's a cool little 360degrees view doo dad. smile
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/29/06 09:07 PM

I also loved the 360 deal! excellent!

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/30/06 12:11 AM

heck yes send me the pics cokelush, [email protected] , thanks!
Posted By: wonderwoman

Re: AC and the decorating of for Xmas - 07/30/06 01:17 AM

Isn't that Belize City???
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board