AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Best Restaurant

Posted By: JoeB1

Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 11:37 AM

Hiya,

Nothing like a selective question :-) We are making our first trip to AC in November ( my 50th birthday ) and I'm looking for a lively spot for a saturday night with great food, live music would be good but the food is most important. Bring on the suggestions! and thanks in advance
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 12:52 PM

Fidos, good food and usually has a live band. Also close to Wet Willies another lively bar. Food is good but for dinner I'd stick to Fidos. There are many great restuarants for atmosphere and intimacy but you want lively. I'm sure others will give their suggestions as well.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 01:27 PM

here is capt jeff's top dinner places .only eight ,on my must list I had a top ten but two fell from the list as not being consistent with#1 very good food , #2 good service, and #3 some ambience .I go each month and post a restuarant review.again the below places are my opinion,and I love good food, I travel the!! world and would like to think I know whats hot and whats not..there are other very good places here that are also wonderful. but do not meet the above criteria.In all three catagories..

rojo lounge
casa picasso
el divino
blue water grill
portifino
mata chica
taste of thailand
capricorn

Again all above are very good and are places to go out at night for dinner... And and all will enhance your dining experiences here and help you live the dream enjoy..
Posted By: Razorfish

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 01:49 PM

Last Nov I was in AC for the first time celebrating my 50th. I know this wont help you but I can’t really say I remember much of anything past 4pm. I do remember being on a mission to visit every bar I could crawl to. I also remember seeing dolphins. My 2 cents worth is that the location is perfect for spreading the party around… and at some point drink lots of water.

Happy 50th
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 01:52 PM

JoeB1, eat at really good place then end up at Fido's. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 01:59 PM

Casa Picasso hands down for the best food. They don't have live music but show some awesome undersea films. Head out for mlusic after dinner. Fidos is fun for music, but the food is average at best.

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 02:06 PM

Thanks to you all for the prompt responses - Capt Jeff you have me salivating already. Anytime y'all are looking for tips in the UK and Europe - I'm your man

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 02:58 PM

joeb 1 never had a great meal in your town? help me out with some good ones ,not stuffy no tie places hate to wear a tie ..the price is not important as long as they take cc.. but they need to be good. . e mail me please. to [email protected] thanks sooooo much....

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 03:58 PM

Capt Jeff! Come to Houston! I'd be glad to be your tour guide! wink
Posted By: klcman

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 04:17 PM

Yeah Capt, do that! Just don't let her take you to the playgroud and play on the swings! wink

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 04:18 PM

laugh

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 04:35 PM

Travel queen, sounds real good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but Houston????..Now if you said Monte carlo .Rome ,Paris. Even san pedro .but houston???? ?????????????????????????

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 04:43 PM

klc, law, not cool!

Capt, come during the summer months. Nice and cool but not typically cold. Then just 2.5 hours to Belize!~

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 04:54 PM

Think the summer in houston is hot and humid. better places to travel..Hope to hang with you one day ..As word has it you are a fun person,who likes nice things ,and knows how to live the dream..

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 05:03 PM

but funny! laugh

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 05:26 PM

Ok, so I'm not good with swings... wink

confused Capt, we have met TWICE now... you never remember me. I guess I don't leave outstanding impressions. :rolleyes:

I get up to EWR airport frequently. May be we'll run into one another in the states! smile

Now, back to the topic... I recommend Casa P. for dinner then cab-it over to Fidos!

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 05:42 PM

Travel queen of course I do duh..I always remember nice people.Especially good looking women with nice smiles..
Posted By: DB

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 06:59 PM

captjeff, always enjoy your posts.

I travel the world too. Food and travel are my passions. Been to very few places where a good meal could not be found with a little Q&A up front, especially Houston.I am not from Houston, but have spent considerable time there.

You have to try Arcodoro, Cafe Annie, Hugo's, just to name a few if you are ever nearby. All World Class. None of them outrageously priced either. Ask anyone from Houston they will tell you.

I am sure TQ and other Houstonians could chime in on a list of their own favorites.

Look forward to your next post! smile

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 07:05 PM

JoeB1,
Sorry I know oyu asked about AC recommendations.... I digress... smile

Enjoy AC and all of the great dining and entertainment opitons. Capt Jeff and the others are spot on with their suggestions.

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 07:38 PM

DB, great Houston suggestions!! You have just given me a great idea for a new thread! wink

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 08:01 PM

I was thinking of a culinary thread (?) of some sort myself.... with the restaurants/reviews, cfood and drink recipes floating around on this site there is no end to what we could come up with. yumm!! smile laugh cool

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 08:01 PM

TQ, let us know when you launch it.

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/27/06 08:32 PM

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/6/t/004555.html
Posted By: Marty

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/29/06 12:47 AM

here's some previous threads on this subject....

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011911.html

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011788.html

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/011278.html

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010400.html

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010304.html

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010167.html
Posted By: Nova

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/29/06 01:01 AM

JoeB1 - heading to your neck of the woods next May - stick around so I can pick your brain. Checked out a couple of message boards for travel in England and Scotland (planning a week each) but they're pretty much crap. Hope you can help! Thanx!

Re: Best Restaurant - 07/31/06 01:58 PM

Hey y'all sorry been down to Wales for a few days ( good inexpensive food and the best cockles in the world!) - It's funny listening ( and agreeing) with your comments about Houston - I was living there in the mid 70's when there was nowhere world class to eat ( Tony's? I think not :-) though Jim Goode was a mate of the ex in the early days and glad to see him n Texan cooking florish. Houston now ( I get back a few times a year) has as many good restaurants as any world city and certainly one thing I miss here in London is decent service ( let alone good/great/blow you away!) Captain - will e-mail you seperately my list of restaurants n Nova Scotia any questions will always find me at [email protected]
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board