AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27

Posted By: Marty

BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/08/06 05:55 PM

BELIZE DISASTER AND RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM

BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION

SUNDAY, AUGUST 27

SUENO DEL MAR LIVE MUSIC, FREE FOOD & TEA, CASH BAR

POOL AND GAMES

PRICE INCLUDES TRANSPORTATION

ISLAND FERRY NORTH 10:00 & 11:00 AM $ 30.00 BZ

ISLAND FERRY SOUTH 4:00 & 5:00 PM

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/09/06 12:33 AM

BDARRT BELIZE DISASTER AND RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM – AMBERGRIS CAYE

Island Ferry Emergency 226-3231
Island Ferry marine radio Channel 11
Captain Sterling Vorus 610-3411
Captain Jason Edwards 605-4733, 663-4867

We are pleased to announce that the members of the Ambergris Caye Rescue Team have completed training that allows them to become members of the Belize Disaster and Rescue Response Team (BDARRT). Sterling Vorus, owner of the Island Ferry, has agreed to be a focal point for the rescue team. All his boat Captains are being trained in First Aid, CPR and use of AEDs. His dispatchers will serve as a point of contact and will send the appropriate personnel to the incident. Sterling’s boats can respond up and down the coast of Ambergris Caye and have personnel and supplies on site within a short time. He has also offered ambulance service for patients needing to go to Belize City. We have other individuals that have previous experience in rescue and have offered their services to the team.

The BDARRT team from Ambergris Caye will train with Doctors and Medical Trainers from Global Medical Rescue Services, Ltd. (http://www.gmrsltd.com). GMRS is an international organization that trains medical and rescue teams around the world. They have been active in Belize for ten years with BDARRT and Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Resort. From an operational standpoint, our team would be available to respond to local emergencies and natural disasters around the region.

The current members are dedicated to the success of this organization. Please get involved and become a part of our team as we serve Ambergris Caye.

Did you know:

1. It costs over $1,200 BZ per student per week to provide training to BDARRT standards. We expect to spend over $ 28,000 BZ during the next year for our members to complete their required training.

2. It costs over $1,000 BZ to provide basic protective equipment, light, flotation device, and helmet for each member

3. Having an equipped, functional rescue team makes Ambergris Caye a more desirable destination for world travelers.

4. Island Ferry closes down and provides its boats free of charge during an emergency.

5. All members of our team are volunteers. The only payment we receive is the thanks of the patients we have helped.

6. An oxygen kit costs $ 750.00 BZ, an AED costs $ 3,000.00 BZ, a basic first aid kit costs $ 425.00 BZ

None of this will be possible without your donation and support.
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/09/06 01:40 PM

Do we know what is being auctioned? I'm so impressed with all they have done. These guys deserve a huge round of applause and pats on the backs. I know how difficult this has been, and it's a thankless job, until it's needed by someone in trouble. We all owe these wonderful people our support in any way we can give it. Thank God we have people like this on the island.
Posted By: globalboy

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/09/06 10:26 PM

Amen !!
Posted By: scubawalk

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 04:20 PM

The online auction is starting now!

Here are the rules.
The auction is open until Noon on Sunday.
The highest bid on each item based on the message board time stamp will win the bid.
Bids are in Belize Dollars. 2 BZ = 1 US
Payment by check or credit card.
These five items are only available through the online auction.
Please post your bid by item number on this string.

Let's have fun and remember that this is a fund raiser for the rescue team - bid early and often!!

Item 1. Cave tubing trip for two provided by
TUFF-E-NUFF Tours Value $600 BZ

Item 2. Day Sail for two to Caye Caulker
provided by SEAduced Value $150 BZ

Item 3. Diner for two at CASA PICASSO
Value $ 175.00 BZ

Item 4. Half day SNUBA and snorkel trip for two
provided by Discovery Expeditions
Value $ 250.00

Item 5. One night stay for two at D'Nest Inn Bed & Breakfast in Belize City
"dnestinn.com"
Value $100 BZ
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 04:41 PM

Is there an auction website? Where do bids go?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 05:11 PM

Bids are all on this site. Just add it to the string and everyone will be able to see the latest bids on each item.
Posted By: benja123

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 09:45 PM

OK-I'll start.
Item 2 100BZ &
Item 3 150.00BZ

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 11:15 PM

Thank you!!

Is there anyone else willing to step in and bid on any of the items??
Posted By: klcman

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/25/06 11:18 PM

Savvy auction buyers wait 'til late wink

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 03:13 AM

True klcman but this is not ebay...this is for a good cause

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 04:28 AM

Fair notice for all savy auction buyers.....Auction for all items ends at Noon Belize Time. Plan your late bids accordingly.
Posted By: ambergrishog

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 02:03 PM

Item 3. 175 bz as visions of mojitos and marinated flank steak dance in my head. 6 days and counting.
Posted By: gailtor

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 04:06 PM

OK I will start the ball rolling......... smile

Item 1, Bid $100.00 BZ
Item 4, Bid $75.00 BZ

Gail

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 04:45 PM

I still have #2 locked up at 100BZ
ambergrishog, lucky you on 6 days...we have to wait 49 more! Still gonna have to raise the bid on #3 to 195BZ
Posted By: solaris01

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 04:47 PM

Ill take 2 at $125

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 04:48 PM

#1 125bz
#4 100bz

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 05:06 PM

is it too late? #2 @ 150BZ

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 05:07 PM

hmmm..it's 12:06 here in Texas (central time)but posting shows 11:06 so I am still IN!
Posted By: JZB

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 05:18 PM

Item #2 $175
Posted By: JZB

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 05:18 PM

Thats BZDs naturally.
Posted By: kwalkpt

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 05:55 PM

Benja123 -

You still have plenty of time - the bidding goes until tomorrow - Sunday, 12 noon Belize time.

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 09:35 PM

250bz on item number 2. Anymore to bid on?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 09:36 PM

when does auction end?
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 09:48 PM

Item 3:$200.00BZ

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 09:56 PM

Good bid, there Palapa - that will almost cover my bar bill! laugh

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:03 PM

Okay then, Item 3:$225.00BZ. That will take of your drinks, think we should eat?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:04 PM

Of course, you can't go to Casa Picasso and not eat, it's great!

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:04 PM

gonna need to go higher to cover that bar bill!

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:05 PM

Ah, the voice of experience! laugh

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:06 PM

wink

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:06 PM

Keep up the action. Here are the current bids....

Current high bidder $100 from Gailtor

Current high bidder $250 from Solaris01

Value $ 175.00 BZ
Current high bidder $200 from PalapaBob

Value $ 250.00
Current high bidder $100 from Solaris01

"dnestinn.com"
Value $100 BZ

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:09 PM

My bad, the bid on item # 3 is now $ 225 from PalapaBob. It went up while I was posting.
Posted By: ozarksdiver

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 10:51 PM

When is the expiration on these items? I would love to bid, but will not be on the island until March.

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 11:09 PM

Gotta love a guy who ups his own bids! laugh

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 11:11 PM

#1 Cave tubing - no expiration
#2 Day sail - December 15, 2006
I'm sure they will extend if we ask
#3 Casa Picasso - October 8, 2007
#4 Snuba - no expiration
#5 Bed & Breakfast - no expiration

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 11:19 PM

#1 cave tubing- $200 bz

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/26/06 11:51 PM

That cover's drinks. Sunday, 2/11/07 at CP anyone?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 12:05 AM

K, maybe you better explain it to our friend. That covers MY drinks! laugh
Posted By: ambergrishog

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 12:13 AM

ok, PB really wants the CP, I will up the bid on item #1 to 300 bz. Cave tube during the day and I will have to buy the mojitos at Casa Picasso. Life is so unfair.......

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 12:26 AM

This is my favorite cause. Peace of mind knowing we got help is priceless. Anybody want to buy drinks for everyone else?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 12:35 AM

#1 cave tubing $350 bz

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 01:02 AM

OK, Law - I'll tell him.

Hey PB - ya might need a little more if Law is around!

Psst - Law we need to tell him Fri nights are the best at CP!!

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 01:32 AM

You guys (gals) call the date. Everybody around Friday night 2/9/07?

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 12:48 PM

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Time is running out for you late bidders.....Here are the latest bids.

Bidding closes at Noon today, Belize Time

Current high bidder $350 from Ozarksdiver

Current high bidder $250 from Solaris01

Value $ 175.00 BZ
Current high bidder $200 from PalapaBob

Value $ 250.00
Current high bidder $100 from Solaris01

"dnestinn.com"
Value $100 BZ

Thank you all for participating. If you would like to help the squad in any way, please contact me by private message.

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 01:56 PM

OK I'll try again...

Item 4, $125.00 BZ
Item 5, $30.00 BZ

Keeping my fingers crossed...
Gail
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 02:01 PM

Item #3 $250.00BZ (Sorry bob)

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 05:00 PM

laugh

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 05:58 PM

item #4 $150.00 BZ

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 06:01 PM

laugh laugh

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/27/06 10:51 PM

OK 2miles.. looks like you beat me out on #4, but IF I had been home I would have been monitoring it closely and you would not have been successful... laugh

Looking forward to hearing how the BBQ went and how much money they raised for the cause.

Gail

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/28/06 01:10 AM

Final bids:

High bidder $350 from Ozarksdiver

High bidder $250 from Solaris01

Value $ 175.00 BZ
High bidder $250 from 2MilesNorth

Value $ 250.00
High bidder $150 from 2MilesNorth

"dnestinn.com"
High Bidder $ 30 from Gailtor

The Belize Disaster and Rescue Response team held a beach party and live auction at Sueno del Mar today. We had over 130 people come out to support the team and have a good time. Between the online auction, live auction and cash donations, we raised over $ 17,000 BZ.

Thank you all for being part of this effort.

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/28/06 01:53 AM

Man, see what happens when I can't be around all day! CP in Feb is still on though.

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/28/06 09:41 PM

The Belize Disaster and Rescue Response Team of Ambergris Caye is pleased to announce that the members of the AC. Rescue Team have completed training that allows them to become members of BDARRT. Sterling Vorus, owner of the Island Ferry, has agreed to be a focal point for the rescue team. All his boat Captains are being trained in First Aid, CPR and use of AEDs. His dispatchers will serve as a point of contact and will send the appropriate personnel to the incident. Sterling’s boats can respond up and down the coast of Ambergris Caye and have personnel and supplies on site within a short time. He has also offered ambulance service for patients needing to go to Belize City. They have other individuals that have previous experience in rescue and have offered their services to the team.

The BDARRT team from Ambergris Caye will train with Doctors and Medical Trainers from Global Medical Rescue Services, Ltd. (http://www.gmrsltd.com). GMRS is an international organization that trains medical and rescue teams around the world. They have been active in Belize for ten years with BDARRT and Ian Anderson’s Caves Branch Resort. From an operational standpoint, their team would be available to respond to local emergencies and natural disasters around the region.

The current members are dedicated to the success of this organization. Please get involved and become a part of their team as we serve Ambergris Caye.

Did you know:

1. It costs over $1,200.BZ per student per week to provide training to BDARRT standards. They expect to spend over $28,000.BZ during the next year for their members to complete their required training.

2. It costs over $1,000.BZ to provide basic protective equipment, light, flotation device, and helmet for each member.

3. having an equipped, functional rescue team makes Ambergris Caye a more desirable destination for world travelers.

4. Island Ferry closes down and provides its boats free of charge during an emergency.

5. All members of their team are volunteers. The only payment they receive is the thanks of the patients they have helped.

6. An oxygen kit costs $750.BZ, and AED costs $3,000.BZ, a basic first aid kit costs $425.BZ.

None of this will be possible without your donation and support.

The BDART Fundraiser is set for Sunday August 27, 2006 at Sueno del Mar. Boats will depart from the dock of your choice at 10-11 am, returning at 4-5 pm. 30BZ covers all your food, an ice tea and transportation.

On a sad note, BDART has already had to respond to two separate marine incidents, both of which ended in tragedy. BDART was instrumental in both searches..

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/28/06 10:22 PM

PalapaBob , I wish you did outbid me for item #3 (For the B.D.R.R.T. SAKE ANYWAY) But don't feel bad, Me paying $250.00 for a $175.00 dinner is no super good deal, but for a good cause it's worth it. Gailtor ,I also wish you outbid me, Item #4 Is a good deal for me .However I will also bring along some other people with me on the Snuba adventure so at least the business will also have some paying customers with us. And of course the same goes for my friends at Casa Picasso. Many thanks to All the generous business's that donated to this very worthy cause as being a former captain in a fire department I know how important it is to have a well educated emergency response team at the ready. smile

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/29/06 12:32 PM

2Mi, they still get my support every month. I think this is a very valuable resource for the island. Hopefully I’ll see you at CP in February.
Posted By: collyk

Re: BELIZE DISASTER & RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM BEACH PARTY AND AUCTION AUG 27 - 08/30/06 01:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who organised this. We had a fantastic day there and even managed to win something at the auction. BDARRT is a service we should all be grateful for.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board