AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Don Greife Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 03:01 AM
Just returned to the Ozarks from a GREAT week in San Pedro. Went fly fishing for bone fish, snorkeling, drank some Bilikin and smoked some cuban cigars. All-in all, it was an experience that I could get used to on a long term basis...Which prompts me to ask a couple of question about the Islands internal workings. Hope you don't mind. I didn't see any public waste processing plant or septic lagoon. What happens when you flush? Also, where does the electric power originate from? Any comments will be welcomed. Don Greife
Posted By: indygal Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 05:05 AM
There is a waste processing plant.
Electric comes from Mexico.
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 02:46 PM
some people have septic systems.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 04:28 PM
Thanks guys,, That's very helpful. Now I know where to start.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 09:49 PM
All sewage is sent directly to the San Pedro Daily newspaper. Check out yesterdays front page photo of It (The one with the middle finger). www.sanpedrodaily.com click arcives and look back at nov 11, 12, etc.
Posted By: San Pedro Daily Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:00 PM
Thanks for the promotion! The ad only started on the 11th however. Have you seen the "moon" photo that replaced the "finger wave"? Like it?
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:18 PM
hahaha....that's a good one Weather, but I want to know one thing....is that cat puking in the trash can? Another good plug for Pedro's Pizza!
(just kidding, guys, just kidding) laugh wink
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:25 PM
Jess, (weather), So that is what pedro1 looks like from behind. :p . I will send you a picture of my mooning so you can print it in your newspaper. You are old enough to view it Right? Cowgirl, I think it is FU-pedro's dog charlie puking in the trash after a night of drinking and eating with his buddy pedero ono.
Posted By: San Pedro Daily Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:34 PM
Thats Pedro's Charlie, lunching on BBQ from the trash can at BC's during the big "A Friend in Need" fundraiser.
Posted By: Nova Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:40 PM
Cowgirl, once again, you is FUNNY!!!!! laugh
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:41 PM
I saw charlie there and was petting him, It's good to know he finally was able to score a good meal at BC'S. Were you there jessie?
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:42 PM
Sorry Charlie !(ha!) Looked like a cat to me! Guess I'd better get the eyes checked! 2M, will I need sunglasses to view that "full moon"?
Posted By: RI Beth Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:44 PM
Heap one indignity on top of another!

Charlie is a she.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:45 PM
Cowgirl, You mean because of my untanned Bum?
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:46 PM
RIBETH, My Bad, I did not look under the hood, I Just pet the top wink
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Infastructure Question - 11/14/06 10:50 PM
Yep, you got it......I'm assuming that it's untanned! But I hate to make assumptions!
Posted By: ex,why z? Re: Infastructure Question - 11/15/06 12:17 AM
The sewage treatment consists of a primary and secondary treatment facility, located 2 miles south of town, across from Fidos 2, with a terciarey pond in the lagoon to the west (It looks like a huge swimming pool visible just before you land at the airport.).Electricity is produced by diesel, and turbine plants on the mainland , augmented by a small hydro electric system in the Maya mountains, and suplemented by a connection to the southern Mexico grid. It is trasmitted to San Pedro via submarine cable.
Or maybe not.
l8r
Posted By: Don Greife Re: Infastructure Question - 11/15/06 03:54 AM
XYZ, I must presume that your "qualifier" is ment only to disguise your talented ecological observations and to pass on reliable community data. The rest of you guys need to lay off the cuban cigars for a day or two. LOL,,, LOL.
Posted By: ex,why z? Re: Infastructure Question - 11/15/06 11:46 PM
"XYZ, I must presume that your "qualifier" is ment only to disguise your talented ecological observations and to pass on reliable community data. The rest of you guys need to lay off the cuban cigars for a day or two. LOL,,, LOL."

Watchu talkin 'bout wilis?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board