AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bunny ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 03:58 PM
We will be coming to AC for the first time ever in the beginning of February and were wondering if anyone can recommend a good tour company to book snorkling/sailing excursions through. Thanks!
Posted By: klcman Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 04:02 PM
Everybody has their favorite and you'll probably get many. But I'll start.......

Snorkling:
Lil Alphonse
Tulu
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 04:03 PM
there are some great tour companies, but i have to say i am a BIG BIG fan of getting a small boat with a local captain. Tulu, for example is amazing. You have all the freedom in the world to do what you want. Its a small boat, but he will take you to the best places, catch fish for you, (or you can catch), cook for you and everything! not the cheapest way to go if there is only 2 of you though.

Suya is a great company too. This is a larger outfit where you will pay less and there will be more people on the boat with you. I can get the number.

In all reality, there arent any really BAD ones. But if you want sailing, thats a little more limited, so i defer to other boarders for that part.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 04:04 PM
bunny, when are you down in Feb?? Some of us are jumping out of planes. Wanna join?? eek
Posted By: Scuba do Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 06:51 PM
First off,welcome to the board,we will be down for 21 days in Febuary --you have made a good choice--we use the husband/wife dive team of Everette & Enes Anderson at BELIZEDIVINGADVENTURES,they are great to work with and pleasant to get to know,but there are many good dive operations on AC...you should consider jumping out of a plane over the reef,we will watch you land at Bob's Flats
Posted By: bunny Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 07:42 PM
Thanks to all for responding. I can see there are daredevils out there. Back when I was 21 I would have considered jumping from a plane, but I hit the big one this year and my thrill seeking is not what it used to be!!! Scuba do, 21 days in Belize...WOW! Have you been before? We will be down February 4 through February 11. When are you all jumping and we will watch, sitting back drinking good adult drinks! Another question, is it best to book something before you arrive or can we wait until we get there to check them all out? Thanks again!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/16/06 07:57 PM
bunny, welcome to the board. You will have plenty of time to check things out and make your plans while you are there. Things, and motivations change once you get on the island. The things that seemed so important just cool to the breeze, and aren't as urgent once you are there. So, if I were you, I'd wait until I got there, and then decide what to book. There are lots of places to book excursions, everyone has their own favorites, and you will make your own favorites once you are there. And, I'm with you...no sense in jumping out of an airplane unless it's necessary. But, I LOVE to watch them come down from the sky...so beautiful.
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/17/06 03:33 AM
I would avoid the first two recommendations.

And I would ask that others quit recommending them; they're harder and harder to book.
Posted By: klcman Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/17/06 04:08 AM
oh my bad! wink
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize Re: ADVENTURE TOURS - 11/17/06 04:20 AM
Perhaps they are harder and harder to book cause they are that good! smile

I stand by Tulu and Suya as the question was who do we recommend, and well, I recommend 'em!

I've never had trouble with either, but really, at the end of the day, the recommendation to wait till you get here, meet some people and decide once you are here.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board