AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sherlockdog Capricorn - 11/24/06 10:32 PM
Has anyone stayed there and have feedback? I hear the restaurant is outstanding so we'd like to hear about the cabanas. How many miles to the downtown is it?
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Capricorn - 11/24/06 11:25 PM
about 3 miles. //ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/010152.html#000000
Posted By: kwalkpt Re: Capricorn - 11/24/06 11:32 PM
Capricorn's has new owners as of last Friday. The staff is the same at the present time.
Posted By: sherlockdog Re: Capricorn - 11/24/06 11:43 PM
ok, but the cabanas should not be different due to new owners.
Posted By: Magnum Belize Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 06:15 PM
kwalkpt-
Do you know who bought Capricorn?
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 07:20 PM
the new owners are very friendly people. The man's name is Kit. They moved here from CA.
Posted By: secondhalf Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 07:52 PM
Capricorn is a very nice little place. The staff is great and we think it is just about perfect. We know a lot about Capricorn. Just far enough away from the town to be relatively private, but close enough to still be convenient. We wish the new owners the best of luck. If you have any other questions about Capricorn, just PM us.
Posted By: indygal Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 08:27 PM
Had dinner there Saturday. Same menu (I think),
still expensive and beautiful setting. My meal was just fair and less then fair for the price. I am not a seafood/fish eatter so I may not be a fair judge.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 08:35 PM
Okay, this thread has me confused so I have to ask: Kra z k, are you talking to yourself?
Posted By: Pam&Dave Re: Capricorn - 11/27/06 09:36 PM
Keli - Thanks for posting Simon's list of resort distances from Central Park. This is very helpful information for future visitors.
Sherlockdog - The cabanas look nice from the outside, but have never been inside one of them. The grounds have always been kept beautiful. You can reach Capricorn by golf cart if the road is not too muddy. Sure hope one of the boarders can answer your question about the cabanas. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Capricorn - 11/28/06 07:03 AM
:rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Capricorn - 11/28/06 01:45 PM
My husband and I stayed there in July and the cabanas are wonderful. We only stayed 3 days but could have stayed forever!
Posted By: kwalkpt Re: Capricorn - 11/28/06 01:50 PM
The new owners are Kit and Jenna, they have two teenage kids who have already been put to work hostessing and busing the tables. Also a friend of theirs - Tom - came down to help manage. Mrs. M and Kimberly are still in the kitchen. The only change that I have seen so far is that they have added/fixed the lights on the property at night - very pretty at night.
Posted By: sherlockdog Re: Capricorn - 12/02/06 07:43 AM
thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board