AmbergrisCaye.com Home
We're going to be on Ambergris Caye November 21-28, 2003, enjoying kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, and bicycling.

Anyone else going to be there at that time, who'd like to join us for some of these activities?

-Jay and Yoshiko
Atlanta, GA, US
Sorry, nobody in San Pedro in November.
Bill, Have you been hanging out with Peter? wink
Jay,
My wife, Della, and I are planning a return visit to San Pedro from Nov 21 to Dec 1. Got a decent airfare from USAir and can't wait to go. Although, we still have 5 month to wait. Lets hear from others that are planning to go over the Thanksgiving holidays. smile
great to see somebody else is gonna be there over thanksgiving. the flo clan==at least 4 of us will be arriving on the 25--4 more on the 27--hopefully by then there will be even more coming.===we*ll all have to get together and do a toast to something. papa flo
Hi Ernie: Is it catching? Bill
Yeah. And by the way, do you have that stupid "T" shirt That gal is driving everyone nuts about ? A bordello huh ? Hummm, O.K. !

E!
Wow! Nice to see so much activity on my little post!

To the smartypants who suggested that San Pedro is empty in November, I did notice that San Pedro Days happens during that time frame... :-}

So, of you folks who will be around at that time, is anyone interested in kayaking out to the reef with us for snorkeling? We're staying at Xanadu which provides kayaks for us, so we'll be launching right from the beach at Xanadu.

How about hiking, if there is anything that could legitimately be called hiking on Ambergris Caye? When we're in mountains, we've been known to trek up to 17 miles in one day, though I think on this more tropical vacation we'll keep it down to maybe 12 miles or so !)

Bicycling up and down most of the Caye with us? (If I can get my wife on a bicycle for that long .. any time I bring up bicycles, she comments about how she had to ride to and from school, up hill both ways, in the boiling snow, when she was a girl... >8-] ).

Maybe just lead us to good eating?

See you in November!
-Jay
My "smartypants" response was my way of saying that the true attraction in San Pedro is the folks here 365 days a year. PS. I don't feel bad... I've been called worst!!
Hey Bill -

I apologize - I assumed you were making a joke about San Pedro Days. I definitely didn't mean for my reply to come across as critical! I was trying to be funny back.

Your much more serious answer raises a new question for me:

I get the feeling that the permanent population of the Caye is fairly small compared to the total population (including visitors) at peak times of the tourist season.

So, are the people you're referring to the total (including transient) population, or the folks who are the real residents of Ambergris Caye?

When we visited Negril Jamaica a few years ago, it was also at the US Thanksgiving time and so the tourist lodgings were pretty full. The people we most enjoyed were the ones who lived in Negril year-round, not the tourists.

We're looking forward to meeting the people who call Ambergris Caye home, as well as other visitors.

See you there/then?

-Jay
AC is not negril. (hi bill, is the cart fixed yet? your pic with harriet turned out nice)

my understanding is there are about 2000 belizians (but realize they may be from all over bz, make better $$ on AC), and close to that in ex-pats/gringos soon. tourists depend on the given week. i just returned and it wasnt that busy.

so i made much time chatting with the maids, security guys, business owners, & expats. extremely interesting, as they are a diverse group, from very poor to very rich. the people are great & very friendly. bill is right, that IS the charm. (but admitted, i was thrilled to meet others from the board {some who live there).
Jay.... don't feel bad, I called Bill a pervert. He's a good friend of mine and did not say a word. He knew it was meant in fun. On the other hand, some of our "self appointed censors" found it necessary to comment on my description of Bill. Go figure. Some people just don't have a life.

E!
Lost soul. Silence is golden. Comments like that are not winning situations.

Bill tolerates a lot, see where I am going with this? :rolleyes:

Jay L., welcome to the AC chat area. Most of us are NOT residence of Belize, just past tourists with some information to pass along.

Some good, some.......... useless, and AC has many visitors during Thanksgiving. smile
Immissing, take it back over to the topic where you posted the remark, and I posted back. Will be glad to explain.

Let's not mess up this person's topic.

Thank you very much.
Chloe is a nice gal, and never a bad gal, whether posting or playing editor. Chloe has the same rights as all other posters on this Board, unless my contract has expired, and I was not notified.

Miss A.....yes you have......I can site the topic back a few months ago. Refreshing your memory...something about Pink Cap and Doc.

I only know what I know, can't second guess anyone.

No problem here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged |

Miss Anthropy

Member # 4208

posted 06-21-2003 09:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Oh Dear now Chloe here you we go again with such ambiguities like Pink and ???? Please, I mean you no harm. I do get the feeling that you are predominantly offended by anything I post. No big deal really. Some people are the one type, and some are the other.
So be it. BTW, i find it interesting that we both are RE pros. Go fig!!! I wish you many blessings.
IP: Logged
Touche'
I wonder who is going to get the last word in this one, sounds like a family frame up here.

This man asked a question, and you're screwing up his posting.

Impissing and Miss A are invading. smile
Nygal.... honey you used your outside voice... lol
you are cracking me up!
Heh heh, nice to see there's a family here!

Back to topic, if y'all please ...

For those who live on AC, or are going to be there Nov 21-28 when we are, would you like to join us?

I forgot to also ask -- where can we find friendly (not too competitive) pickup volleyball games on AC?

My wife was a volleyball demon some decades ago, and I enjoy it without making any claims to my ability smile

Ciao!
-Jay
hey Jay--like I said earlier--all the Flo clan will get there on the 25, and we are nuts about volleyball==we*ll have to connect sometime and get a game-or 2 or 20 going.
Yes, I am very tolerant!! Even when a gang of you boarders got me "drunk"... and dressed me up with a pink boa and tiara... and took lurid pictures of me and shared it with cyber-space. Then my pal Ernie calls me a prevert. But please just don't step on my Berkenstocks!!! Jay: We have no problemo!! I think it is difficult to step out of the "tourist" circle and into the "locals" circle. I had to court the San Pedro Lions for a long time before admittance. Members are, for the most part, from old time Sanpedrano families. The real San Pedrano's are found on their balconies on Middle Street and Back Street (on the lagoon). Shop at the small local stores, rent your cart from a San Pedrano, and dine at San Pedrano owned resturants. Open your hearts to them and they will open their hearts to you. I think it is possible to mix up your time in this way and still avail yourself of the tourist's delights. I hope to see you in November, if the St Louis Rams bomb again this year.
papaflo, please drop me an email note at [email protected] (a three day temporary email address) and let's talk offline about volleyball &etc on AC at Turkeyday! Thanks!

Bill, where can we newcomers see these rumored pics of you smashed, wearing the pink boa and tiara? :-) I just noticed that you are member number 24. Cool! I'm also guessing that you're a resident, since you're going to be there at Thanksgiving .. or are you just so addicted to AC that you'll be there anyway? smile I promise that we will walk Middle St and Back St and dine at San Pedrano owned restaurants (especially if you'll post a few suggestions?).

-Jay in Atlanta
papaflo? Still waiting for your email...

(Can someone tell this BB newbie if direct private emails are supported? I feel stupid asking, only having been on the Internet for seventeen years...)

-Jay
direct priv emails not supported

17 years huh - hmmmm 1986 --- you related to Al Gore?
No, nothing about Al Gore here. I started messing with computer networks back in 1983, and gained access to the ARPAnet in 1986.
-Jay
Jay L,

Direct e-mails are not supported because of some very unsavory instances concerning a mentally imbalanced soul who torments board members.

It my understanding that there are now 6,000 or so permanent residents of San Pedro and the surrounding area. Far cry from the 1,800 not so very long ago.
Jay--sorry about taking so long--had to go out of town for birth of 4th grandkid---first grandson after 3 girls--will try to get in touch today---papa flo
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board