Well, there's one.
Posted By: klcman Re: Message board - 12/06/06 05:54 AM
OMG - check it out!!!

They actually agree on something!

CUT & PASTE CUT & PASTE!!!!
Posted By: seashell Re: Message board - 12/06/06 06:11 AM
I gotta wonder if he was reading ahead or just another head game. wink
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Message board - 12/06/06 04:10 PM
Hi Seashell! Hope you had a great trip - I sure did. The recovery period on return was a long one this time. hee hee.
Posted By: Nova Re: Message board - 12/06/06 04:16 PM
klc - you'se one funny guy! LOL
Posted By: JZB Re: Message board - 12/06/06 05:43 PM
I prefer the old board as well. It seems much slower loading for me plus there is a lot of wasted space in each post. (or is that a preference I can turn off?)
Posted By: Gela Re: Message board - 12/06/06 06:38 PM
It does take some getting used to. I am unable to post unless I disable my firewall (at work). Can't seem to figure out how to get it to permit.
Posted By: ChrisW Re: Message board - 12/06/06 06:52 PM
It would be OK if you could read back like 24 hrs in the the Live Chat, but as it is now, the Live Chat seems to have killed the postings and so I feel like a bunch of the usual board antics are going unrecorded frown Maybe that is a good thing for some....less stuff to have to delete/censor smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Message board - 12/06/06 07:44 PM
I agree on the chat thing - it was more fun when you could see everything. Still there are some new features that are kinda fun.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Message board - 12/06/06 07:57 PM
Love the live chat, now people can ask questions without getting 50 or 60 totally unrelated comments. smirk Much more friendly for newbies.

I also like seeing how many anon users are online, gives you a feel for how many people really do use this board for information.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: Message board - 12/06/06 09:22 PM
agreed Simon. You feel like you are much more aware of your surroundings. With the live chat, the "currently viewing," and "who's online," I get to see who's cheating their employer as much as I am!
Posted By: Bing Crosby Re: Message board - 12/06/06 10:14 PM
WHEN YOU'RE AS OLD AS ME ANYTHING NEW IS HARD TO GET USED TO.
Posted By: J DOG Re: Message board - 12/06/06 10:28 PM
I agree with Pedro 1 and I found the live chat very annoying then I figured out how to get rid of it by going to preferences.
Posted By: Marty Re: Message board - 12/07/06 12:51 AM
the old board is dead, long live the new board....

i will be getting rid of the extra white space before too long. its because i can't turn off the stupid ID stuff under a persons name and avatar. like we need to know what date a user registered EVERY TIME THEY POST? that left side sets the height of a row on short posts. they will make that an option soon....

also the chat function will become more powerful and flexible. trying to get the chat amount saved to last longer too.

but under the hood its totally better. SQL based.

Gela, i am still working on the firewall thing. its similar to a problem with norton. did you say you have norton corporate version at your work?

all new things take time. i like the fancier text editor you get with a full reply. throws a lot of the ubb code in for us.
Posted By: Marty Re: Message board - 12/07/06 12:56 AM
try putting stuff on the calendar
Posted By: klcman Re: Message board - 12/07/06 01:25 AM
calendar be pretty cool!
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Message board - 12/07/06 01:30 AM
I'm not one who is a fan of live chat (unless in person or on the phone) so I will just not use the feature, but otherwise the new look is great!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Message board - 12/07/06 02:06 AM
I discovered the calendar in the beginning and was wondering when it was going to catch on. I put in my event.
Posted By: Nova Re: Message board - 12/07/06 02:30 AM
It would be cool if a "public" calendar was available - folks could post their trip dates, etc. Just a thought!
Posted By: Marty Re: Message board - 12/07/06 02:57 AM
the calendar is public..... i think....
Posted By: klcman Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:02 AM
yup, it is. I tried it & then deleted a posting.
Posted By: Nova Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:15 AM
My bad - just looked, saw "private" and assumed it was a personal calendar.
Posted By: belizegial Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:16 AM
Love the calendar Marty
Posted By: Marty Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:41 AM
hey we have the caye caulker forum folded in now....

i added some holidays and boogie in belize onto the calendar, lets fill that sucker up!
Posted By: Marty Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:56 AM
speed should be faster now. i enabled zlib compression whatever that is and it seems zippier to me. the tech fellow said it would.
Posted By: seashell Re: Message board - 12/07/06 09:06 AM
Hey!! That's one of the things that was bothering me but I didn't know it . . the white spaces. Yeah, I think I'll like it a bit better when that is fixed. Thanks Marty.

Sorry for complaining a bit when I know that this is better for you.
##

As for you Laurie Mar, I wondered. wink Must have been quite the trip home.

Me, I came down with a cold the day before I left. The flights home were brutal for me. My poor fellow travellers . . .I know how I feel when I see someone as sick as I was sitting on the plane. So as I returned home, I scattered germs in 3 countries, 4 airports and 3 planes of passengers. Now I'm back to work and busy infecting my workplace and surrounds.

Talk to you soon.
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: Message board - 12/07/06 02:17 PM
How do I set up my buddy list to easily PM someone?

The watched users isn't the same...I don't need/want to see all of someone's posts....
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Message board - 12/07/06 03:44 PM
Seashell: Yeah, the party lasted way too long and I had too much fun! That darn BCs (Ernie and Carlo) - its their fault! And also the bartender at Casa Picasso and Roadkill and Crazy Canucks!

So far (knock on wood), I am sick free, but seems everybody I know has that nasty headcold that goes on for days and days. Feel better soon!

Posted By: sweetjane Re: Message board - 12/07/06 10:48 PM
marty, i do like to have the when registered & location lines avail, but maybe not # of posts.

sitting on the fence: i love the new style, editor & fonts, and like the chat, but less folks are posting permanant posts. (plus, i cant pull myself away when folks are chatting, nothing is getting done around here!)

all in all, great job, marty. i bet it was a ton of work.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: Message board - 12/08/06 01:47 AM
I AGREE WITH PETER--the old board was more fun and easier to use
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Message board - 12/08/06 04:19 PM
I liked the old board too, but like anything, the more you use it the more comfortable it becomes. The live chat is a good deal for a lot of folks.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board