AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Balls For Belize! - 12/13/06 02:39 AM
Hey Marty- I just wanted you to know that we started the Balls 4 Belize program up here. My daughter started a drive at Boston College and she has collected four huge boxes of sporting goods that are going to be shipped today to San Pedro Catholic School. There are volleyballs, soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs and all sort of equipment for the kids too. It is really neat that the athletic department and teams at BC ( a Jesuit catholic college) supported this so quickly and willingly.

My son Andrew is going to do the same here in Omaha. My daughter Abigail is going to come down in the spring and help instruct prospective coaches on how to coach volleyball 9she currently plays for Boston College) and Andrew wants to come with other Creighton prep students to help do the same with soccer.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Balls For Belize! - 12/13/06 02:45 AM
I have four basketballs a boarder donated when I was spending time with the children for that program. Let me know where to donate them. Glad to.
Keli
Posted By: SimonB Re: Balls For Belize! - 12/13/06 04:08 AM
Softball gloves! This is becoming a big thing in town and many kids don't have access to gloves, balls are usually not a problem but gloves are a big deal. Something to keep in mind.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board