AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: poopingturtle Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 01:56 AM
My wife and I are treating my parents to a well deserved vacation in May. We have done a lot of research and wanted some opinions on accomodations. We are a group of 4, don't want to be too far away from the action, but will be renting a golf cart for the week to get around. We would like a condo or house....want something clean and nice.....and want to spend $300 or less a night if possible. We were thinking Xanadu or White Sands Rock but would be open to any suggestions. We will be arriving May 25th and staying for 7 nights.
Posted By: kris48 Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 02:25 AM
Either is a beautiful property. You might also consider the Palms. They are closer to town, have 2/2 condos, and clean and in your price range.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 05:39 AM
When you say White Sands Rocks do you mean White Sands Cove or Mata Rocks?

I LOVE White sands cove, it is beautiful, peaceful and the resort is so friendly.
Posted By: poopingturtle Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 05:47 AM
Oops..... cove....not rock
Posted By: JZB Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 05:23 PM
Xanadu is a much easier ride to town. Great accommodations too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 06:10 PM
Don't skip the Palms as a choice, great place, great location!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 10:46 PM
My wife and I stayed at Xanadu this past Thanksgiving week. I don't think you could do much better. The Staff is the best, and they are very very helpfull with whatever you might need to make your stay enjoyable. They will even arrange to have a golf cart available for you when you arrive. They pay for the transortation from and to the Airport. The resort is beautiful and the grounds immaculate. The rooms are clean and very roomy. You are only 1.5 miles from the center of town.

My wife and I will be back there the first full week this coming May.
Posted By: ex,why z? Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 11:11 PM
I feel compelled to weigh in on this discussion, since the question contains my first and middle names.
Posted By: San Pedro Daily Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 11:15 PM
Xanadu Or???
Posted By: poopingturtle Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/17/07 11:18 PM
White Sand Cove
Posted By: Danny2 Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 03:49 AM
Try the Banana Beach.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 02:29 PM
White Sands Cove is not far at all from town! It is one of the first stops north. I just walked past there the other day from Boca Del Rio area and took no time. It is beautiful and in my opinion much more private than Xanadu. The condos are much nicer as well.
Beach is better, pool is better, onsite bar.

I also think the resort owners are run the place fantastic, some of the kindest owners on the island.
Posted By: lil'red Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 04:20 PM
The staff and management of Xanadu are second to none, and the grounds and rooms are immaculate. Plus, you have a well stocked convienience store right next door should you need anything during your stay.
Posted By: ex,why z? Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 04:28 PM
NO opinion, just wanted in on the discussion!

Hey, how do i edit my profile? I want to change the way my name is displayed?
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 04:32 PM
XYZ, Go to My Stuff on the line above and then to My Profile or My Preferences, depending on what you want to edit.
Posted By: poopingturtle Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 04:46 PM
Really sounds like I am going to have to flip a coin...sounds like I cannot go wrong with either
Posted By: Gela Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/18/07 11:59 PM
Poopingturtle, I'm not sure what White Sands Cove offers, but Xanadu has free use of bicycles and kayaks, a nice pool and central airconditioning. I have not stayed at the Palms, but it's much closer to town and may suit you very well also.

Good luck!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Xanadu or White Sands Rock? - 01/19/07 12:38 AM
yep, they offer same and have a dive shop. I'd say white sands is about 10 min further walk from town, just walked to captain morgans and passed it on Sunday.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board