AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Don Greife How Many Fly Fishers - 01/28/07 08:06 PM
I'm planning to be down to the island in April and just wondering how many other fly fishers I would have to compete with for space. When are you coming? Maybe I'll put my trip off if it is going to be too crowded. LOL
Posted By: captjeff Re: How Many Fly Fishers - 01/28/07 08:55 PM
Don you are to funny ,lol. THE BEST JOKE OF THE DAY...
Posted By: WV fisher Re: How Many Fly Fishers - 01/29/07 12:10 AM
Don,you will have the flats to your self,wading or by boat as there are plenty of flats for every one.A guide is a must if you haven't fished the flats before as you must beable to see the fish which can be harder than it looks.
Best of luck to you.
email me for referances on fly fishing guides if you like.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: How Many Fly Fishers - 01/30/07 07:56 PM
CaptJeff, you are right, it was a joke intended to raise a chuckle for some of the locals. It was also intended to be "fishing" for comments from some who may be enroute to San Pedro to do the flats fly fishing thing. I'd really like to know about how many fly fishers visit the island each month. Whowver since there have been no responses from fishermen I would have to guess that I'll be there all alone and all but one fly fishing guide's family will go hungry for the month. Seem likely???
Posted By: captjeff Re: How Many Fly Fishers - 01/30/07 08:20 PM
Don the flats,are endless as you know . . There are lots of guys that go ,to flats almost go with a guide as the guides are wonderful and soooooooooooooooo inexpensive.,Never ,but never .crowded ,flats not my thing ,have gone lots to bone fish ,tarpon, permit ,etc. lots of action some days non stop at least on spin . fly can be another story..But all my fishing on spin tackel.tight lines to you good fishing go live the dream...
Posted By: Don Greife Re: How Many Fly Fishers - 01/30/07 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by captjeff
Don the flats,are endless as you know . . There are lots of guys that go ,to flats almost go with a guide as the guides are wonderful and soooooooooooooooo inexpensive.,Never ,but never .crowded ,flats not my thing ,have gone lots to bone fish ,tarpon, permit ,etc. lots of action some days non stop at least on spin . fly can be another story..But all my fishing on spin tackel.tight lines to you good fishing go live the dream...

I hope that you will bear in mind that it is "Guys Like You" that are truly responsible for my condition of "Addiction" to salt flats fishing. And, also bear in mind that I will use the first oppertunity which presents its self to get even, by forsing you into a flats skiff with an 8weight and giving you no water till you boat a bone fish> LOL LOL LOL Be down soon.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board