AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Importing animals

Posted By: tommybahama

Importing animals - 02/04/07 08:18 PM

Hey... anybody know anything about regulations in regards to bringing a cat and/or dog from the US? I was in the country recently and am planning on returning (permanently) sometime in August/September. Have found a great deal of info on the web to assist me in the move but nothing on pets. Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: Importing animals - 02/04/07 08:42 PM

Hey...lots has been discussed on this, on this forum. We all love our pets, so they are a "catalyst" of great discussions. Do a search on this subject, and stand back. Search for the past 2 years, and you will have a wealth of information. Good luck!
Posted By: tommybahama

Re: Importing animals - 02/04/07 08:55 PM

Thanks so much. I was trying to use the search before but didn't realize it was only searching the last week of topics & replies. Oops. Thanks again
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Importing animals - 02/04/07 10:53 PM

It was very easy to move Karmin down here. Under the search I posted my experience and documents needed. No problem.
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Importing animals - 02/06/07 09:59 PM

put the cat in a carrier. i had to have the vet do an international health certificate. i was SUPPOSED to get some form from the health department here, but i couldnt get a straight answer, so i paid a fine od $37 US or something like that when i got here. Easy as can be!
Posted By: pnowell

Re: Importing animals - 02/07/07 02:32 AM

Check Air Animal. They have been in business many yrs.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board