AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Rainy Season

Posted By: JKLAB

Rainy Season - 02/19/07 09:54 PM

We visited AC last Dec and it rained almost the whole week we were there, was wondering if that is normal.We just booked our 3rd trip to AC in the first week of Nov and are hoping we can avoid another wash out.
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Rainy Season - 02/19/07 11:16 PM

nope...its not normal. theoretically, its dry that time of year, but then again, it is belize...the most unpredictable weather i've ever seen!
Posted By: Micks

Re: Rainy Season - 02/20/07 05:04 PM

Yeah, it rained everyday when I came to AC end of Jan-beg of Feb.. Last year when I was in Placencia in March, beautiful weather! I guess later in the year's better weatherwise.

Re: Rainy Season - 02/20/07 06:18 PM

let me rephrase...the "normal" is that there is no normal! no way to know what the weather is gonna do down here. from what i have heard, its SUPPOSED to be dry from like, November through May, but then again....its belize!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Rainy Season - 02/20/07 07:21 PM

Her's a bit more detailed information on the climate of Belize: http://www.hydromet.gov.bz/Climate_Summary.htm
Posted By: indygal

Re: Rainy Season - 02/22/07 04:14 AM

November is an iffy month. That is why it is not High Season.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rainy Season - 02/22/07 04:49 AM

Weather patterns have been changing rapidly with global warming, and they're now impossible to predict with any certainty.
Posted By: LandRover

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 04:19 PM

Yes, our family was also visiting AC, during Dec. & Jan. (Our second trip). We will come back, but.....maybe not for awhile. We were so disappointed with the terrible conditions of the roads, and more trash everywhere than we have ever seen there before! Being the fact that this islands main income is from tourism, we are hoping that these problems are recognized and we are going to give it some time to rectify. Hopefully!!!!
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 05:00 PM

Has weather ever been possible to predict? I find that weathermen have always been clueless to what is really going on.
Posted By: Bing Crosby

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 05:11 PM

I find it hard to believe the things people complain about. The weather in Belize???? Rough roads????? For crying out loud walk on the beach and enjoy the warm rain. Or better yet stay home!
Posted By: hayden4414

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 07:13 PM

What if it rains during their entire vacation again? That wouldn't be good, Bing! I think its a good question.

Celeste

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 07:49 PM

Thank you Celeste. My point was not the rain, my point is the island seems to have a severe maintenance problem, This is a beautiful island, and is advertised all over the world as one. so it needs to step up to the problem-

Re: Rainy Season - 02/27/07 11:16 PM

No, Celeste that wouldn't be good but it's the weather and you really can't do anything about it and complaining won't change it. As for the trash LandRover who do you suggest needs to step up?
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 01:49 AM

I guess Landrover hasn't been keeping up with the news on the island. The road improvement project is fully underway and the trash problems are also being addressed.

It rains in June, July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and February. Sometimes it also rains in mar, april and may.

It is more likely to rain during the day in Dec, Jan and Feb. If it rains during the day in the warmer months it is usually torrential downpours that are dried out quickly when the sun comes out.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 02:18 AM

Here are some road shots.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4431970&a=32479139&f=

Posted By: ericinsc

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by tacogirl

Actually the pics worry me a bit... there is NO drainage in any of those pics !

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 11:22 AM

Get over yourself "Bing". Thank you so much "Taco Girl", for the update. By looking at the pictures, the improvement looks huge. Fanatastic. Your right Amanda I haven't kept up with the progress. The only place I knew to go for that was the chat room. thanks again.........

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by pedro2
Weather patterns have been changing rapidly with global warming, and they're now impossible to predict with any certainty.

Surely....you jest?
Step up your drink is ready!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 03:15 PM

Eric, Not to worry, There will be drainage when they are finished. I assume it will be simular to the drainage system on middle street. Now getting around town while this project is underway, cry Thats another issue. However I am not complaining because just being here right now is good enough for me. As the weather goes, It is a bit windy this morning and has been windy on and off for the last few days. (Still not bitching) grin

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 05:24 PM

LandRover, I should get over myself? Maybe you should be more aware of what is going on before you start making some of the comments you made earlier. I know a little knowledge is a scary thing.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Rainy Season - 02/28/07 11:47 PM

There is drainage installed in the new roads -however I don't know where they will drain too!

But back to the subject - most of the time the rain is warm - so make the most of your vacation, meet some nice people and have some fun!

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 12:38 AM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAIN ON A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE WOULD BE O V E R!!!!!!!!

right up there with HUGE complaints about towels on balconies.

perhaps we should send some links to some villages on the mainland, or in africa, or anywhere else in the world to get a little perspective about real worries.

If you are concerned about rain on vacation...go to a desert, not a tropical rainforest.

wow...did this post really come from me?

Signed,
Severe Maintenance Problem and Unpredictable weather lover smile

Seriously, Landrover, come to the island, enjoy it for yourself, and make your own assessments on what really matters to YOU...not to other people. I've NO DOUBT you will LOVE it here once you get to the island. HOWEVER, please dont judge it or anyone on it before you see it with your own eyes.

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 12:46 AM

Thank you Lara,
I have been there in the sun, in the rain and with litter and have enjoyed every moment.

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 12:51 AM

You all are VERY rude! During his last vacation to the island it rained almost the entire time! He's concerned about it happening again so inquired about the likliness of it happening again! If you don't like the question then DON'T RESPOND! You all should be ashamed. Very rude and unwelcoming of you!

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 12:53 AM

wow.

hey pot, answer the phone...i think the kettle is calling.

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 12:55 AM

I think someone is a little thin skinned!

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lara
wow.

hey pot, answer the phone...i think the kettle is calling.

Do you even know what the saying means? It doesn't pertain to me. Try looking up the definition before using the phrase!

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 02:22 AM

just sorta thinking that someone who has only been on a board for a couple days, who might at BEST have been down on this island for a minute, saying things like "YOU ARE ALL RUDE"..is well, rude smile

should i get you a mirror as well as a pot?

there was nothing rude in my post to Land Rover...i was making a point, then VERY welcomingly encouraged him/her to come on down and enjoy all the island has to offer.

more over, what does any of this have to do with you?

anyway, off i go to enjoy all this amazing island has to offer. SHould you chose to do the same, honestly, you would find that what we are saying about the stupid weather makes alot more sense. seriously, when you dont know a thing about a topic, it really is best to sit, listen, observe and learn. i am so confident about this island, the people AND the weather, that if you chose to come down, you will look back on your reaction and realize that none of it was rude, and perhaps you might have jumped the gun.

good luck to you in all your future travels, and enjoy belize when you get here. it will all make sense to you...or not. either way, enjoy your trip!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 05:17 AM

Weather is unpredictable no matter where you go. Warm rain or cold snow? Which is the lesser of two evils. We don't enjoy the rain as much as you don't enjoy the cold weather. Blame the US, Canada, China, Europe and on and on and on. Climate change is not an exact science. The main thing here is that anytime the seasons change the weather will come, no different than anywhere else.

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 05:53 AM

Welcome back Amanda. How's the ankle?
Posted By: OESGwynedd

Re: Rainy Season - 03/01/07 06:44 AM

We had a 42 car pileup from the snowstorm here today! I'll take a little rain and the beach anyday....... and I will in about 2 weeks!!!

Re: Rainy Season - 03/08/07 09:21 PM

As I said in my post, I have been there before, actually many times, we own alot of property there. Love it, we were just disappointed this last trip, the roads were horrible, and again alot of trash everywhere. I never expected such hostility. Geez......... although for right now I live in Africa for my job, and I can't just pop over to see the progress that has been made, so by going on the chat room, I did receive the updates from a few people that weren't quite so sensitive!!!!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Rainy Season - 03/08/07 10:50 PM

If you own "alot of property here" you should be contributing to the road improvement and trash control efforts.

Re: Rainy Season - 03/10/07 05:09 PM

You are right. Who do I contact to do so?

I would also like to apologize to anyone who was offended with, I thought ............ legitimate concerns.(f.y.i. it was never about weather)

Re: Rainy Season - 03/10/07 08:29 PM

landrover,
i apologize if i sounded hostile...didnt mean to sound hostile to you at all! glad you are coming back, and hope you have a better time this trip than last trip!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board