AmbergrisCaye.com Home

I have a question

Posted By: Sun&sand

I have a question - 03/21/07 02:03 AM

I have some really good friends who are leaving for AC tomorrow, and they are both very young, cute, friendly blonde nurses. One of them told me that she had heard recently that the "Columbian Drug Lords" were kidnapping blondes and either holding them or selling them for "sex slaves" and they were concerned about it happening on AC. I told them that I hadn't heard of anything like that happening, but would check the board and see if it's true. I don't know where they got the information, and am doubting it's true, but am asking, just in case. Anyone heard of this?????
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:16 AM

No, we don't hold them, well at least not for too long.

Joking aside, not here on AC. If this had happened, the US State Department would have a Travel Warning up on their site(s).

They will be safe, even more so since they will be two.

Make sure they realize the only kidnapping will be of their hearts, they will fall is love with La Isla.

SIN (get I get their number now?)

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:33 AM

Too funny, SIN. They were on the island last February with me, and had a blast. They are just a little bit wild, and I'm sure will capture many hearts while they are there. If you see Amanda and Jessie, please hold them close to your heart and don't let anyone hurt them. They are very young, and not too wise of the worldly villians.
I didn't think anything was going on with blondes, but you just never know.
Thanks for the information. As always....
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:36 AM

Beware the Land Sharks!
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:37 AM

I'm sure SIN will take good care. wink

How young are we talking anyway?

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:43 AM

Very early 20's, but they come from a very small town, and not too traveled yet. They are like my own, and I worry about them, but know I have to let them grow up. LOL....I'm sure they will be fine, but once a mom, always a mom.
Posted By: Kerri_Canada

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton
the only kidnapping will be of their hearts, they will fall is love with La Isla.

no word of a lie there!
Posted By: darrin fisher

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:41 AM

if they are coming to the island they will be fine, i have never heard of such an incident on ac. you sure your not thinking of aruba?

fish

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:04 PM

I know about Aruba....been there, hated it. The "drug lords" almost run that island. I doubted this was happening in Belize, but wanted to put their minds to rest on this subject. I appreciate the input, everyone, and hope anyone who see's two young blonde girls will help keep them safe.
Posted By: cracked up

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:26 PM

You should tell us where they're staying so we can really keep an eye on them.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:35 PM

i thought i heard there have problems with abuse/abduction of women in guatemala, but never heard it in belize. we are all aware by now that one should always be careful, there is some bad everywhere.

s&s - silly, you do know you just put every local man there on the extreme lookout, dontcha? maybe you should have said they were 400 lbs nuns with vericose veins and moles on their chins....

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 02:54 PM

Too funny, Sweetjane. I thought about that, but I think if they knew who they were looking for, perhaps they would treat them like they would treat their sisters, instead of like a "sweet find". I know these girls are going to be safe, they aren't totally dumb to the ways of the world, but they are so stinking sweet, I worry they will give too much trust, and get hurt. At least they are together, and can watch each other. And, they have both been to AC before, and know their way around a little. Still, I can't help but worry....what is it about moms that do this???? I want them to have a super time, and come home with great stories. They so love Belize, I'd hate for something to happen to change their minds.
Actually, I am not totally sure where they are staying...Carib Villas I think? So, that said, all of you guys who are lurking in the bushes to grab a blonde, I'll likely go postal on you if something happens to these two..beware!!!

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:14 PM

They will get hissed at. This is unavoidable but if you just tell the girls to ignore them, that should be the end of it.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:36 PM

Thanks, TQ. I am feeling better about this. I know they will be able to handle themselves, but can't help but be a mom.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:55 PM

sun&sand, I tried to send you a pm but didn't work... perhaps I am on your "ignore" list... quite possible I'm sure!!! lol

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 03:59 PM

Nope, I don't use ignore. I don't like to cut off people, no matter how often we disagree. I would like to think we are friends, although not always agreeing. Agree to disagree, if you will.
Maybe my inbox is full. I'll check and clear it out if it is.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 04:00 PM

I don't recall us having disagreements but I get over things rather quickly so wouldn't remember even if we had... I'll try again.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 04:02 PM

LOL...my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, so maybe I'm thinking of someone else. No worries, tho. I cleared out my inbox, so Send it on....

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 04:03 PM

tried, send me one and i'll reply.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 04:06 PM

sent you one....you're it!!

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 05:02 PM

S&S,

Jules (GM) is a close personal friend and will keep a fatherly eye over the girls. They'll be fine.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 05:18 PM

Thanks, SIN. I feel much better now. You guys are all great, and very reassuring. Much love to all...gotta go to the gym now, so have a wonderful day.

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 05:40 PM

You haven't met Jules I see... JUST KIDDING!!!! :P

I wanna go to the gym... frown

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 05:52 PM

S&S tried to PM you regarding your condo and stuff. ??
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: I have a question - 03/21/07 08:56 PM

Jules is GM at Caribbean Villas now?
Posted By: DitchDocDiver

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 04:31 AM

I'll take one for the team... have them send me an airline ticket, meals and lodging.

Never know when you might need your own private Paramedic! LOL

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 01:43 PM

Thanks for the offer, Ditchdocdiver. What a selfless act. I'm sure if they had thought to get an extra ticket, it would have been yours, for sure.
They are on their way to AC now, and I feel great knowing I have so many friends there who will help keep an eye on them. Especially SIN...he's my hero of the week.
Thanks to all of you for your input. I'll let you know how they fared when they return home.
Posted By: cracked up

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 08:40 PM

Ya,.....like a wolf guarding the hen house
Posted By: Tillie

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 09:00 PM

Who's the wolf?
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 09:20 PM

to my knowledge, SIN is a man of his word.

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 11:15 PM

OK, you all. I am putting complete, tho be it blind, trust in SIN. I am sure he is a man of his word, and if he isn't, I'm sure I'll hear about it from the girls. I think they would love for him to join them when they go out, sort of like a chaperon, but one who can dance. I'm not worried anymore, so even if he IS a wolf, I won't find out about it till they get home, and then they will have survived it. So, please don't pop my bubble. I know, I know...I live in fantasy land, and here, I have ocean front property!!! SIN gave me his word, so I believe him.

Re: I have a question - 03/22/07 11:21 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? SIN is totally devoted to ME!!!! :P They'll be just fine!

Re: I have a question - 03/23/07 01:42 AM

OK, TQ. I won't fight for him, but I will "borrow" him for a few days, then you can have him back. I won't hurt him, either, so he'll come back to you as good as new, or at least none the worst for wear.

Re: I have a question - 03/23/07 05:20 PM

Hey I'm sure the girls are having a great time. Fido's has a great band here for the spring break crowd. Lot's of young people are here, these girls are not the only young and happy American kids enjoying the island.

There's a great vibe on the island this week. Great weather, nice tradewind, killer sunsets, young folks, good music, good vis in the water. Couldn't be better.

S&S, I stopped at Reef Village, what a an amazing place! Nice development. Can't wait to see it finished.

SIN

Re: I have a question - 03/24/07 01:15 AM

Hey SIN, thanks for the complement on Reef Village. We really love it there, and think it will be a very nice place once it's all finished. I know it's had a bad reputation, but hopefully all of that is behind us now.
Have you seen the girls yet? Hopefully, they arrived safely and are relaxing. I won't keep asking if you have seen them, so relax...I'm sure if you do, you'll let me know.
Have a super weekend.

Re: I have a question - 03/24/07 05:29 PM

Not yet! But it's a great excuse to call out, "Amanda?" "Jesse?" , when cute blondes pass by. It must be a blonde thing though, cause' they all stop and turn around, and none of them are Amanda or Jessie! Just a joke. Sorry, haven't seen them, but no kindnappings either, so all is good. Great weather for their visit. They are sure to give you great reports.

SIN

Re: I have a question - 03/24/07 06:21 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are there if they need you, in the "big brother" sort of way. I haven't heard from them yet, either, so hopefully no news is good news. I'm so happy the weather is good there. It's pretty nice here, too, but better there.
Have a super weekend!!!

Re: I have a question - 03/24/07 06:24 PM

New update, SIN...just got an email from Amanda..said they are having a wonderful time, the weather is great, they are already a little sunburned, and are dreading coming home. LOL...I SO feel their pain.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board