AmbergrisCaye.com Home

diving from the beach?

Posted By: RNdiver

diving from the beach? - 04/07/07 01:07 PM

I know I read a thread about a site to dive that is accesable from one of the beaches, but I cant find it. I should have written that down. Does anyone else remember the title to that thread?

28 days to go.....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/07/07 03:01 PM

None that I know of on AC, except up at Rocky Point (where the reef meets the land).
Posted By: DitchDocDiver

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/07/07 05:47 PM

We stayed at Sueno Del Mar, and we could dive off the end of the pier and even the old nova shrimp pier.

But as an option, we had the free use of kayaks.. it was about 400 yards to the reef, and it worked well for us.
Posted By: scubawalk

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/07/07 06:12 PM

Most of the best diving along Ambergris Caye is 1/4 mile outside the reef. It wouldn't be worth the risk or effort to swim or take a kayak that far. Support the great dive shops here and be safe. It's hard to take O2 and rescue equipment with you on a kayak.

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/07/07 07:03 PM

dont get me wrong, we are diving 6 days with a padi dive shop, we were just wondering for a "spontaneous" dive. We will probably just snorkel the nearest pier if we want to do a 'quickie'.
Posted By: elbert

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/08/07 04:01 PM

RN diver, We have no beach diving its all a boat trip to the reef.Were all jealous of those dive locations that advertise 'unlimited diving' because you can just jump of the end of the dock into a dive , but on Ambergris you just stick up in the turtle grass beds.

Re: diving from the beach? - 04/08/07 04:31 PM

from what I hear and hope to experience, this caye has a lot to offer, such that you dont need to spend the whole time in the water! I will surely spend a good amount of time above the sea.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board