AmbergrisCaye.com Home

croc by royal palms today

Posted By: Marty

croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 07:13 PM

from a friend

I thought it might be fair to warn pet owners and owners of small children that there has been a croc in the water in front of Royal Palms all day today. It is not a big one and I suspect there is something wrong with it, but nevertheless it is alive. It is very near shore but you might not notice it if you weren't looking for it. The neighbours have alerted the police but I am not sure what, if anything, can be done.

I'll let you know when and if he is removed
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 07:26 PM

Throw em' in da [#%!] house mon!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 08:06 PM

Croc Pizza!
Call Pedro1

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 08:43 PM

Some kids went in and threw things at him and he has disappeared from sight - doesn't mean he's not in the water though, but certainly not visible any more.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 09:12 PM

Hiding under the dock...ready to spring?
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 09:27 PM

Maybe the Croc read this message board about that cool new reef under the RP dock. OR Capt Jeff got a new snorkle suit and was trying it out today.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 09:40 PM

I think the crocodile saw the sign about no visitors may use the Royal Palms pier at night -so he has moved on to another pier for the evening snack. Probably down by my house.

There is a fair sized (6 ft or so) croc that fishes the area from TMM to Boca Ciega on the sea (east) side. Usually it is spotted between RPV and JZB's house.

I asked a local old time fisherman if I should worry about swimming with the crocs. He said "Amanda, there have always been crocodiles around, in fact I see them almost every time I through the river - right close to little kids swimming - but they never attack - never bite. I wouldn't suggest you swim in the sea when it is very murky and churned up, but if it is clear the crocodile just wants to get out of your way."

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 09:45 PM

Unless you have a chicken on a rope...

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 09:55 PM

nothing like a frozen chicken on a rope to get the saliva flowing - ha ha

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/10/07 10:00 PM

The "riper" the better!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 12:20 AM

Here are a couple of photos of the croc. It has been spotted on and off this afternoon, so he seems to still be hanging around.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 12:23 AM

Wow, he doesn't look too terribly small to me! If I wanted to get wet, I'd be heading for the pool.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 03:01 AM

Oh my gosh, it's the Croc-ness Monster! Call the Sun!
Posted By: ELDORADO-777

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 04:01 AM

I am going to get one of those to guard my hurricane hut in the Palm Bay Club. I promise to keep it on a leash so do not worry.

ELDORADO-777

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 09:46 PM

Eldorado, Good idea, We have a few in a lagoon next to our place we could put up for adoption "Free to a good home"
Posted By: KVarner

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 11:13 PM

I know this is going to upset the croc huggers out there, but come on: can't anyone get rid of it?

I know its illegal for some private person to kill it (what a shame), but can't the cops come and kill it or something? I was thinking of buying a condo at Royal Palms, but not if there is going to be a croc there. I thought that crocks stayed away from the ocean side. I won't buy oceanfront if there isn't a way to get rid of those nasty buggers if they come around. Thats why I won't buy lagoon front.
Posted By: Nova

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/11/07 11:22 PM

Have the cops come and kill it??? That makes no sense! They should just pull him over and give him a ticket for trespassing! God knows those nasty crocs have no business hanging around the Caribbean! Next thing you know we'll have monkeys hanging out in the trees!
Posted By: bywarren

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 12:33 AM

Yeah, and let's take KVarner's advice and kill all of those dangerous indiginous animals along with the crocks, like the sting rays, that endanger peoples lives who might otherwise come and buy condo's here. What a better place it will be when those nasty animals are gone and we have the island full of these type of condo owners.
Posted By: klcman

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 12:48 AM

What would you expect from somebody who wants to move there with his entire arsenal?

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=8&Number=227871&Searchpage=2&Main=24360&Words=KVarner&topic=0&Search=true#Post227871

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 12:51 AM

I'd rather have the crocs.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 01:06 AM

Wrong analogy klcman, IMO. It is not a matter of someone that owns firearms as it is what that person does with those firearms.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 01:09 AM

Good point, by, and I agree with your comment. But in this case, given the poster's internet history, I feel pretty comfortable in making that leap.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 03:29 AM

I said I'd annoy the croc huggers. But seriously, people, they're reptiles. Vermin. Nasty buggers.

By the way, I'm moving to the island during the first week of June. Don't worry, I won't bring my arsenal until I get the proper permits. I generally tend to abide by the law, even if I disagree with it. Which means that I won't go around blowing off the heads of vile vermin. I just intend to buy a nice place and drink a lot of Belikin and mind my own damn business.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 03:41 AM

"I just intend to buy a nice place and drink a lot of Belikin and mind my own damn business."

Kinda like this guy?

[Linked Image]

Or this one?

[Linked Image]

Posted By: DitchDocDiver

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 04:21 AM

LOL! careful, he'll put you under a trance....

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 04:50 AM

I have no idea who those people are. But I'm pretty sure I know what you're implying. You are an ass.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 12:52 PM

Sorry Simon and DitchDocDiver, the results are in and you two didn't make the "Ass List" . It stands as follows:

1. Jean Lafleur
2. Dusty Chandler
3. KVarner

Posted By: darrin fisher

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 01:42 PM

hey simon, we met on my last trip, you did some shopping for us last time we were down. i had the 3 story green house way south, you met me at the airport and bought me a cell phone too, lol. big guy, bald head, goatee, remember?

anyway, whos the first guy pictured? he looks familiar to me.

fish

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 02:20 PM

Darrin - his name is Jean Lafleur. French Canadian involved in big scandal.
Posted By: lil'red

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 02:39 PM

I love my morning java and hearty gaffaw, and this thread gave it to me this morning. Thanks novanuts, you are just too funny. As for killing the "nasty buggers" I wonder who will be first, cause many of the nasty buggers I know have two legs and pay taxes, lol. Well, maybe they don't pay taxes.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Here are a couple of photos of the croc. It has been spotted on and off this afternoon, so he seems to still be hanging around.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow!!! Imagine snorkeling and seeing one of these show up beside you. Has that ever happened to anyone? I would not care to have one of these as a snorkeling buddy. Any feedback from experience would be appreciated. ELDORADO-777

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 09:39 PM

Probably would help increase your swimming speed!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 10:14 PM

yes, one of my neighbours swims every afternoon and sometimes the crocodile is within 100 ft or so. It just goes along on its merry way.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 10:17 PM

kvarner, Why don't you just buy a condo in the states? That way you will be safe from those varmin Belizian Crocs and you can keep your guns to protect you from whom ever you think is still after you. Then the Crocs of Ambergris Caye will still live on the land that they have been since long before any humans moved there, And the Island will prosper by not having a gun toting "Gringo Fool" trying to push his way of life unto it!! smirk Sounds like a win - win situation to me. wink

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 10:43 PM

Or, I could...move to Ambergris Caye, get a gun permit, and spend all day drinking Belikin and bitching about the crocs that I don't like. I think that the latter option sounds more appealing. Belive it or not, I really like Ambergris Caye. I think that there might be a few people on the island who like me, too. Of course, they aren't tree/croc hugging pinkos, either.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 11:06 PM

Enjoy kvarner. Maybe you could even take a dip, The waters fine, Crocs love Gringos (Taste like chicken Mon) grin

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 11:11 PM

Save your breath 2miles - you'd have a more stimulating and intelligent debate arguing with the croc!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/12/07 11:46 PM

True dat Nuts, He won't last in San Pedro with that kind of "Tude" crazy

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 12:30 AM

They come, they go.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:02 AM

...they owe Pedro! laugh

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by novascotianuts
...they owe Pedro! laugh

ouch! glad that shoe doesn't fit here!
Posted By: indygal

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:39 AM

Glad the croc was not around the other afternoon when my Molly dog (6lb) fell off the RP dock. She wasn't breathing when I fished her out but at least she was not early dinner for the croc.
Tough old dog that she is Molly survived.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 04:33 AM

You see, crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 01:10 PM

Ya know, KVarner, I'm starting to see your point. Let's simply do away with ALL the animals that have encroached on OUR land and/or pose a potential threat. I've compiled a list, which is in no way complete, but certainly is a start.

1. Crocs (of course, nasty critters)
2. Alligators
3. Lions
4. Tigers
5. Elephants
6. Hippos (or Rhinos - one of them is mean, I'm sure)
7. Bears
8. Wolves
9. Mountain Lions
10. Mosquitoes
11. Bees, wasps, hornets (end of pollination, but who cares, THEY BITE)
12. All fowl (Avian Flu)
13. Dogs
14. Cats (hey, I'm sure someone, somewhere died of cat scratch fever...)
15. Deer (they run in front of cars and cause crashes)
16. Moose (see above)
17. Snakes
18. Spiders
19. All bugs that bite
20. Humans....Actually, they hurt, maim and kill more people than all the other creatures on Gods green earth combined!

Ok, there's my list. LOCK AND LOAD!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:01 PM

smile

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:17 PM

Look, I just don't like crocs. They are nasty buggers.

I have been known to spray things on bugs that kill them, put mouse traps out to kill mice, and murder spiders and destroy their webs.

If I see a scorpion, I will stomp it or something. The bugger isn't going to live in my house!!!

Crocs don't have property rights; humans do. If you like crocs, good for you. I hate them and will do everything I can legally do to keep them off of any piece of property that I hold legal title to.
Posted By: RNdiver

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 02:22 PM

Kvarner

I am wondering if you dont like/want crocs near you, then why would you buy property where they are?

wouldnt it be easier to just go somewhere where there arent crocs so that you may enjoy your relaxation?

I never understand why people buy land 'to be near nature' then proceed to kill it or device some way to keep it out of there land

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 03:11 PM

Some mean and nasty buggers (only if you're a wuss):

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/backlesi/album/576460762397783914
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 04:18 PM

Nuts? You got way too much free time.
You forgot everything in the water. (-:
Posted By: ckocian

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 04:33 PM

And what about the iguana and wish willy and gecko populations? Might they suffer as well since they do look a bit like crocs? And they crap all over the walls and ceilings and sidewalks and roofs and cisterns.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 04:57 PM

If crocs were the only things that mattered to me, I wouldn't move to AC. However, there are far more things that I love about AC than the crocs that I despise.

I should mention that I like Iguanas and Geckos.
Posted By: RNdiver

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 07:35 PM

but do they like you?

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 09:48 PM

Kvarner, Judging by the fact that you have only been to Ambergris a "couple of times", And your past posts. (That only started at the end of January 2007). (IMHO) I think you are full of Krap, Dude, Your posts are all over the place. I.E. "I love all exotic animals", "I raise reptiles", "I want to get a monkey for my Bar in San Pedro", "Monkeys are nasty buggers" Did someone "Hypnotize" you? Your not buying any condo in Belize and your surely not opening a Bar there either. Oh yea, and the stage Hypnotist thing, hahahahahahaha laugh laugh laugh sleep Get with it brother, we were not born yesterday Bub. crazy

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:04 PM

I'll bet you $10,000 US that I buy property on AC within 6 months. Care to make a wager?

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:05 PM

Not if you molest a croc and get deported.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:08 PM

Since I don't find crocs to be sexually arousing, I think it'll be pretty easy to avoid molesting them.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:11 PM

Too Easy for you to win that bet KV, You buy a lot for 10K and I pay for it. Do you think I'm Hipnotized or something? Besides, Your too cheap to pay the bet anyway. (this too was learned from your posts I.E. " Looking for the cheapest, bla ..bla...bla...")

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:14 PM

molest
Definition: bother, annoy
Definition: physically abuse

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:27 PM

Do you think I didn't know that, Jesse? I was making a joke. Perhaps it was a bit over your head.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:36 PM

So, let me get this straight.....

Postulate 1: KV does not like crocs.
Postulate 2: Things he does not like need destroyed.

By extension:

Postulate 3. 2Mile does not like KV (Possibly a bad assumption but methinks not).
Postulate 4. Therefore KV needs destroyed.

Hmmm.......

Seems like you need another line of justification KV

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 10:45 PM

There you go KLC. (I like that assumption) But, I don't totally dislike him, I just think he forgot to take his medication. (However I do hate all Croc molesters Oh yea and bald headed ho's too) shocked

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 11:17 PM

Men have rights; crocs do not.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 11:43 PM

That might well be where you are wrong Senor. The crocs are protected under the laws of Belize. If you are caught molesting them or killing them you will not be getting your gun permit!! You might get to have a toasty warm free room at the Hattieville Ramada instead of sipping margaritas on the Caye.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/13/07 11:45 PM

Croc's are Protected, They actually do have rights.

Edit: You beat me to it Amanda wink

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 12:34 AM

They are legally protect by Belize law. That does not mean that they have rights. To have rights in an ontological sense is reserved for rational creatures such as man.

I have repetedly prefaced my comments about crocs with something to the effect of "if it were legal" or "to the extent that it is legally allowed". As much of a pain in the ass as it is, I will obey the laws of Belize--even the stupid ones.

2Miles: You might not want to start getting too technical in this argument. You don't know the first thing about philosophy and any argument with me that has anything to do with it will leave you looking like a fool. You know what Lincoln said about that...

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
yes, one of my neighbours swims every afternoon and sometimes the crocodile is within 100 ft or so. It just goes along on its merry way.

Yea, I bet it is merry after it has eaten and is full !!! ;- )
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 12:53 AM

"Rational creatures such as man". I think that requires some amplification, in the context of who's contributing to this thread.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 01:36 AM

"...rational creatures such as man..." Methinks you missed both boats!

KVarner is to be pitied!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 02:55 AM

Deacon?
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 03:54 AM

This is a croc!! :P
Posted By: KC

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 04:56 AM

I think this means that I will not be taking a swim off our pier after dark EVER AGAIN! frown
Posted By: Cooper

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 03:30 PM

Last wekk sometime I heard on a US news broadcast that the American Croc, which is what we have was just listed on the endagered species list. I am making no point just info.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by KVarner

I have repetedly prefaced my comments about crocs with something to the effect of "if it were legal" or "to the extent that it is legally allowed". As much of a pain in the ass as it is, I will obey the laws of Belize--even the stupid ones.

2Miles: You might not want to start getting too technical in this argument. You don't know the first thing about philosophy and any argument with me that has anything to do with it will leave you looking like a fool. You know what Lincoln said about that...
KVarner, The "Fool" Here lies in YOUR mirror as anyone can see.
Posted By: lil'red

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by travelqueen
This is a croc!! :P

Lol, my thoughts percisely..........this IS a crock....
http://www.crockpot.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=2039

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/14/07 06:07 PM

Your Right lil'red, A Slow cooking croc of (you know what) wink

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/16/07 02:20 AM

Steve Irwin was in Belize and had a great show with footage of him swimming with some of our crocs. I'm not sure of the ones we have on the island but they are different than the prevalent ones on the mainland.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/16/07 02:58 PM

We have 2 types of crocodile in Belize - the Morelet's which is a freshwater species and the American Saltwater. There is some cross-breeding in areas where their habitats meet (further up the bigger rivers.)

If you get a chance try and find a copy of National Geopgraphic's Crocodile Chronicles with Brady Barr, much of it was shot here in Belize with the researchers from Texas Tech.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/16/07 05:28 PM

thanks for the tip Simon. I'll look up that article.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/17/07 05:29 PM

Crocodile Jokes I found on the net. Remember, these are not mine.

EL-777

---------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What's the difference between your mother in law and a crocodile?
A: Crocodiles are kind. They tear at your flesh and hold you under the water to drown, then they push your body under an old log to rot.

Q: What's the similarity between a Crocodile and Windows?
A: Neither of them has enough bytes.

Q: How many arms has a crocodile got?
A: Depends how far he has got with eating his dinner

Crocodile is longer

Prove that the crocodile is longer than it is wide.

Lemma 1. The crocodile is longer than it is green: Let's look at the crocodile. It is long on the top and on the bottom, but it is green only on the top. Therefore, the crocodile is longer than it is green.

Lemma 2. The crocodile is greener than it is wide: Let's look at the crocodile. It is green along its length and width, but it is wide only along its width. Therefore, the crocodile is greener than it is wide.

From Lemma 1 and Lemma 2 we conclude that the crocodile is longer than it is wide.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/18/07 03:18 AM

Lemma 3: Crocs are bad.

QED
Posted By: Bing Crosby

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/18/07 10:46 PM

"Can't we just all get along?"
-Rodney King-

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/20/07 03:16 PM

You know that coral is awfully sharp and can cut a person, I would suggest that it should also be removed along with those nast ole crocs.
Posted By: TrueLover

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/26/07 05:13 AM

Hmmmmmm...... What bothers me about this is that at no time did you attempt to learn about these crocs. They are not aggressive unlike the freshwater ones. They will literally avoid you unless you have a chicken on a rope or are a small dog or an infant whose thoughtless Parents left next to the waters edge. I so hope this thread gets pulled because it's just plain dumb. No meat and potatoes. <yawwwwwwwwn!!!>

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/26/07 03:09 PM

"They are not aggressive unlike the freshwater ones."

Freshwater crocs are very timid and are literally terrified of humans (try to get close to one.) However this rule doesn't apply if you're trying to collect eggs from their nest.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/26/07 03:19 PM

Who cares if they are agressive or not? They are still nasty creatures.

Do scrambled croc eggs taste good?

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/26/07 04:07 PM

Well There are many accounts of people swimming in the rivers being eaten by crocks but none I know of, of the Saltwater variety.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/26/07 05:44 PM

Not in this country according to researchers, 2 confirmed croc attacks in the last 50 years, no fatalities. Both were in the New River, one was a fisherman with a stringer attached, the other was someone running from the police who jumped in the river on top of a croc and was bit. The one in Belize City a few years back was determined to not be a croc attack but a simple drowning (friends were at the autopsy.)

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/27/07 12:03 PM

Intersting. I've heard so many stories. Last year a woman disapeered while swimming but no body saw her get attacked. The locals all thought a croc but she was never found. I guess there are many other explanations possible like a snake or plain drownding. What's a stringer? Bait line? Well 50 years is a long time. So I guess even the fresh water ones ya gotta jump on em to get bit? Thanks Simon.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/27/07 05:23 PM

Marty said in another thread:

"Jan Brown informed the members that there are new owners of Pier Lounge, and that she would be opening the Crock Pot, specializing in Crock shoes. Janís new venture will be located on Front Street across from The Greenhouse."

Can anyone tell me if these shoes are made from the hide of the fresh water or salt water crock? wink
Posted By: captjeff

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/27/07 05:50 PM

Eldorado777 ,I know your joking,right???? for the other people out there who do not get the joke ?? Crock shoes are rubber.And are the hot new sport shoe,in the us.Funny looking shoes but people are buying them like crazy..
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: croc by royal palms today - 04/27/07 06:14 PM

They look strange, the shoes I mean.
Posted By: OESGwynedd

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/02/07 03:49 AM

http://photos.oes.org/albums/userpics/10638/DogPackAttacksGatorInFlorida.pdf

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/02/07 08:39 PM

What a sad picture, poor croc!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/02/07 09:27 PM

Good Pack mentality tho.. surround and conquer!! must be in the Genes.
Posted By: OESGwynedd

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/03/07 12:39 AM

sorry guys, i HAD to send that one to the list!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/03/07 06:14 AM

Oh the horror ..... the horrrrrrrrrorr.......

Dogs are bad !!!

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/04/07 01:40 AM

Here are some real croc shoes:

http://upscalemenswear.com/pages-pr...d-eden-m2566nn-nile-crocodile-shoes.html

These are at a price that most can afford. Under $500:00 ;- )

ELDORADO-777

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/04/07 06:24 AM

You can find moral courage in that these are Nile crocs and not Belize crocs.

See these Nile croc belly leather shoes for a softer touch -WOW:

http://upscalemenswear.com/pages-ma...l?zenid=da78c3eb483805f9b68418928e661ddc

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 12:59 AM

CROCODILE SHOES

Sven happens to be passing a shoe shop in San Pedro one day, and in the window he spots a pair of shoes. He likes them, so he enters the shop and asks the shop assistant, "How much are those shoes in the window, buddy?"

"Those are one thousand dollars, sir," replies the assistant.

Holy crocodile!" exclaims Sven, "That's an awful lot for a pair of shoes."

"Well, sir, they are crocodile shoes, very rare," says the assistant.

Sven certainly can't afford $1,000 for a pair of shoes so he leaves the shop and goes home. He calls, Olle, about the shoes, and Olle has a brilliant idea: "Sure, Sven, and we should go to Northern Ambergris and hunt crocodiles and we'd make ourselves a fortune, sure enough!"

Sven is very impressed with this idea, so off they both go to Northern Ambergris and they hire a guide to show them to the most crocodile-infested part of the lagoon there.

They make camp and Olle says to Sven, "Tell you what, Sven, you start hunting the crocodiles, I'll go back to town to find us a truck." So off Olle goes, back to town with the guide leaving Sven to get on with the tricky task of hunting the crocodiles.

A couple of weeks later, Olle has pretty much drained the town of all available bottles of Budweiser and is running low on cash, so he decides to go back to the camp and see how his friend Sven is getting on.

As he pulls into the camp in the truck, he sees crocodiles everywhere, stacked in huge piles by the hut, stacked along the lagoon bank, hundreds and hundreds of crocodiles.

He jumps out of the truck and goes in search of Sven, and just then there's a commotion in the river, loads of splashing, and Sven comes to the surface clinging onto a huge crocodile which he wrestles to the shore then clubs to death.

"How's it going, there, Sven?" asks Olle.

"Terrible," replies Sven, "in fact I've caught about a thousand of these things and I've still not found one of them wearing shoes!"

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 01:29 PM

Thanks Eldo for my morning laugh. So have the crocks left the area by Royal Palm?
Posted By: collyk

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 02:47 PM

indygal,

No, that little guy took off after his day in the spotlight. Unfortunately, the illegal croc feeding is still going. Why doesnt someone put up a sign? Most tourists would not participate if there were a sign there saying 'American Crocodiles are a protected species in Belize' Anyone who participates in the feeding or any other harrassment of crocodiles is breaking Belize law and could be fined $1000'.

When I have spoken to tourists who have gone to see the feedings, they all said that they wouldn't have gone if they had known it was illegal.

Anyway Indygal, no crocs but the land sharks are still circling. Hope to see you soon.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 07:38 PM

They don't put up a sign because everytime one is erected it is destroyed and removed within 24 hours.
Posted By: JZB

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 09:37 PM

They should try erecting a sign about 15 feet from shore in the water. Might discourage people from wading in just to destroy it. Just a thought.
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 10:56 PM

Excellent idea, JZB. I know it would prevent a lot of people from wading around;there. It would have an even bigger impact if it had a picture of one of the little buggers on it.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/29/07 11:26 PM

Like this?
http://www.australia-accommodation.info/images/pics/rockhampton/enl/crocodile.jpg

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/30/07 10:49 PM

Or this?
http://worldofwonder.net/image1/armincrocodile.jpg
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/31/07 12:29 AM

Or how about this?
http://www.arliebooks.com/puppett.jpg

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/31/07 02:49 PM

Ah yes land sharks they don't die they just move on.........
Miss ya, tell everyone hi for me.

Re: croc by royal palms today - 05/31/07 03:43 PM

I have been sporting my new Croc sandels here on the island and so far they seem to repel all the Crocs (And the land sharks too). I hear Jan Brown is selling them accross from the green house for around $80bz ($40us) a pair (Not a bad price since they sell for around $30us in the states).

Re: croc by royal palms today - 08/23/07 06:14 PM

This article was found in WORLD magazine - August 25, 2007

----------------------------------------------------------

CROC DROP

Perhaps attempting an escape from the upcoming Russian winter,
a crocodile took a swan dive out the 12th-floor window of an apartment building in Sarov, a Russian nuclear research town.
Bystanders on the street below may have been astonished to see a 3.3 foot reptile plummeting toward Russian pavement. But authorites apparently saw nothing wrong with the picture - the exotic pet, which survived the fall with nothing more than an injured tooth, was eventually returned to its owner's apartment.

---------------------------------------------------------------
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board