AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Reef Village Development

Posted By: denjy

Reef Village Development - 04/17/07 02:40 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Reef Village Development just north of the river on Ambergris Caye is a good deal or not?? The price sure seems almost too good to be true. I can't find much info in the news or anywhere else. I am seriously thinking of retiring to Ambergris in a few years and need to buy something soon.
Posted By: OESGwynedd

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/17/07 07:12 PM

Norm and i were just there, thanks to S&S, and we are extremely impressed with this development!
We are torn between this development and just buying a house outright. Found one i love, and would gladly sell this home in Colorado to move there. Jules is fantastic and would be very good to help you with anything you would need to ask about and know.
OES
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/17/07 07:45 PM

Reef Village is really looking great. I wasn't to sure about the project when it was first started. I think the developer has a great product, great vision and the place should be one of the nicer locations on the island when finished (in my opinion). The area looks much better than what is was before, mud flats. I am looking forward to seeing it all trimmed out.

SIN
Posted By: SBJ

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/22/07 02:19 PM

Did you end up buying at Reef Village? I bought one of the villas and would love to make contact with other owners.
Posted By: lisarb

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/22/07 03:39 PM

I purchased a condo at Reef Village and was one of the first investors. I watched the process since they broke ground and have been really impressed with what Jeff's ultimate vision is for the property.
The Villas are looking really, really good.
Lisa
Posted By: TrekQueen

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/22/07 05:53 PM

Hubby went down to Reef Village last month and met with Jules and the crew (I couldn't go, work limitations *pout*). After checking it out and talking to me about it via phone, we ended up buying one of the last available villas. Hubby was very impressed by the condos where he got to stay while checking out the development. We'll probably be visiting in January even if the house isn't done yet.

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/22/07 10:32 PM

Dear Fellow Reef Village Owners - This event, tho so unfortunate for our friends in AC, has an upside - an opportunity for us to find each other online. If any of you would like to remain in contact as the development evolves and we all get to see each other on AC, please send me a response with your email coordinates. I was last on site in mid-July and have many recent photos of the current state of building (at least pre-Dean)both villas and condo buildings - much more recent than what is on the site. We're Villa owners from Halifax Canada. Ciao
Susanna and Marty [email protected]
Posted By: glip

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/25/07 04:27 AM

has anyone told you about reef village...i know you were asking a while ago..greg

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/25/07 04:25 PM

I really am impressed with this project. Cograts guys on a great success. Good luck in the future with your timeshare venture as well.

SIN
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/19/07 07:52 PM

May I suggest that one of you set up a group to exchange information? I know there are a number of vehicles available but I am most familiar with Yahoo Groups. I have many. You can set it up so that only people invited or who request to be added and are approved can post and look at pictures - or you can set it up to be open to anyone. I am very happy with my groups. Here’s the link to the one that I have just for my condo – which just happens to be across the road from Reef Village. Right now Reef Village is building a unit between me and the lagoon. Sigh! I hope the birds come back!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VistaMarBonita/
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/19/07 08:05 PM

I think Villas @Del Rio and Reef Village are corporate shares (co-op) not strata titles. I could be wrong but it wouldn't take too many $$ to retain an attorney to check into this for you. [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

The ins and outs of types of ownership are all safe, it is just a matter of knowing what you bought and what type of ownership documents you should expect to lock away in the safe.

And this is Belize. Processing of titles can be a slow process. But you won't get your title if you don't follow the correct procedures.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/19/07 08:18 PM

Deja Vu?
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 12:40 AM

We bought the first condo sold at Reef village, and are buying a villa as well. We have been impressed with everything so far. Reef Village has strata titles, not co-op, although ownership involves HOA issues, as well as a management company.
We are going to be leaving Friday Morning to SP, and will take a lot of pictures, so if anyone would like an update, let me know.
I have to say, we had the "gringo in Belize" feelings initially, but Jeff has done everything he said he would, and more, so we are more than happy with our investments so far. And, we have the nicest neighbors in the area.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 03:13 AM

Hi Neighbor - Sun & Sand
Come by and see me.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 04:52 AM

For sure, Harriette, we will get with you while we are there next week. I'm looking forward to it.
No,we are hoping to get the title stuff finished this week. There was a hold up, but I understand it's been ironed out...had to transfer title twice to get to where we could get our title. So hopefully we can get it all taken care of soon.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
I think Villas @Del Rio and Reef Village are corporate shares (co-op) not strata titles. I could be wrong but it wouldn't take too many $$ to retain an attorney to check into this for you. [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

The ins and outs of types of ownership are all safe, it is just a matter of knowing what you bought and what type of ownership documents you should expect to lock away in the safe.
Amanda, just curious, but I didn't see anywhere in this thread where someone questioned the ownership structure of Villas del Rio or Reef Village. Did I miss something? FYI, Bermuda Landing is also held via corporate shares (co-op). Have a nice day!

And this is Belize. Processing of titles can be a slow process. But you won't get your title if you don't follow the correct procedures.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 02:19 PM

blush Sorry but I screwed up my last post. It got mingled with Amanda's..............should have been:

Amanda, just curious, but I didn't see anywhere in this thread where someone questioned the ownership structure of Villas del Rio or Reef Village. Did I miss something? FYI, Bermuda Landing is also held via corporate shares (co-op). Have a nice day!

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/20/07 03:52 PM

You missed the question on another similar thread. Since this one was heading in the same direction I simply posted the message on both threads instead of merging them together. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Posted By: flip flop

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 01:45 AM

I was under the impression that everything "north of the bridge" was corporate shares only - not strata title.

At least that's what the several condo projects and real estate people told me....something about a law passed years ago?

Can anybody help with further info?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 03:38 AM

Flip Flop
And who was trying to sell you what?
Have you seen all the private homes north of the cut? We certainly have title to our homes there.
Posted By: flip flop

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 04:52 PM

ScubaLady - I was refering to condos we looked at north of the cut...

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 05:00 PM

Perhaps this area was "declared" allowing Strata Title plans.
Posted By: Chris

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 06:08 PM

If you don't get Strata Title for your condominium where the land is registered then think again before purchasing. Share ownership used to be advantageous when the real estate transfer tax was high but now that it's universally low (about 5%) there's no reason to potentially put yourself at the mercy of an unscrupulous developer with ownership of the majority of shares in a company that you're a tiny part of.

When he decides to build a bar or another condo building right in front of your ocean view there's absolutely nothing you can do about it if your ownership is by shares. Unfortunately both of these unfortunate scenarios have happened here on Ambergris Caye.
Posted By: suecate

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/22/07 07:31 PM

we just put our down payment on a villa please send any photo's you may have. Is there an issue with titles?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/23/07 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Flip Flop
And who was trying to sell you what?
Have you seen all the private homes north of the cut? We certainly have title to our homes there.

There are still a number of different land title ownership structures north of the river. Yes Scubalady, people that own private homes own title to their land. The difference with condos and villa projects is that there are multiple owners sitting on one piece of land, and in the case of condos one might actually own a piece of "air" where your home is situated since it is standing on the same area of ground as other units. Condo titles could only be issued to land that was owned with the new registration titles. So up until only a few years ago all "condos" built on the north side of the bridge could only be "owned" by way of corporate share and then unit owners were granted "exclusive rights of governance" of their unit. When a large area north of the bridge was declared to be in the compulsory new registration area the ablity to issue strata titles was attained.

So Flip Flop, only a few short years ago you could not own a strata title (condo title) north of the bridge. But now you can.

Private homes, owned by one owner, have had individual titles north of the bridge for over 100 years.

Hope that is clear, if it isn't I can try and explain in another manner.
Posted By: belizelaw

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/23/07 04:58 PM

Thanks for the history. For somebody that deals with property law like myself, it's most interesting.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/23/07 06:19 PM

hi belizelaw - that is a short simple version - the actual mechanics are a little more complicated but that is the basic explaination.
Posted By: flyfisherman

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/07/07 05:20 PM

We also own a condo at Reef Village (unfinshed as of yet) and would be interested in current photos.

Thanks.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/07/07 09:56 PM

Hi...we are back from AC and I have some pictures of Reef Village to share. I tried to get a well rounded group of pictures, and hopefully have a little bit for everyone. The place looks terrific, and will be amazing when it's all finished. Send me your email address and I'll get them to you. I'm not real computer savvy, so I'll download them to a site, and send you the address to visit.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/07/07 10:33 PM

Also, if you want up to date pics, the website has some from September, as well.
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/17/07 06:38 PM

well their road still sucks.
Posted By: TrueLover

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/17/07 07:09 PM

Roads are not rocket science, (except here in Belize). Even if they are somewhat temporary. Just takes a few bucks. The problem is two fold. One, they need to use rock instead of mud or coral powder on the top. Two, they need to lay a heavy mesh layer down under the rock so it doesn't just sink down into the muck from gravity, liquefaction, and vibration. Then the roads would last a very long time without much maintenance. But does cost upfront of course. Savings are down the road so to speak. wink

Bulk river rock, bulk mesh, prepare the underside same as usual, Put drainage tubing where needed to stop pooling, add top layers. I believe rock is around the same as river sand anyway. Hmmmm, maybe someone with $$$ AND Vision could make the mesh from recycled plastics? Not me. I just think about stuff.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/17/07 08:03 PM

= $1million(bz)/mile.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 02:06 PM

I understand the road is going to be cobble stoned soon. It can't be done as long as the heavy equipment is needed, but soon (not sure how soon, tho) the development should be at a state that the heavy equip is not as active there.
Let me ask, however. Yes, the road in front of RV is really bad, but it is really bad all the way north, and south, once you get past the pavers. Why it is that RV is the only one who is beat up over this? "The Cloisters" use the same road, and it is never mentioned that Bob has a crappy road. The same with Bermuda Beach. Everyone should JOINTLY try to remedy this, not just one developer. Everyone who uses the road has some responsibility, either to pitch in and help, or be quiet. If you can't help with it, then don't complain...use the beach...ride a bike or walk. Reef Village has a huge responsibility in this, but they aren't the only ones. What will everyone complain about once the road from the bridge to the end of Reef Village is paved, and the rest of the road isn't? They will be flying down the good road, because they have to go so slow down the crappy road. I know this is an issue that needs to be addressed, but let's address everyone who has a hand in it.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 02:51 PM

Sun & Sand, in defense of Bob & Chris, they do not use the road for their projects at all. Their projects are on the sea side of the road. Nor do either one of them have the equipment that the RV developer has to grate the road every once and a while. That's all it would take. That stretch of road has been compressed so much because of the heavy equipment that there is absolutely no place for the rain water to go.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 03:11 PM

I agree with you, on the aspect of the heavy equip. use damaging the road. But, Bob and Chris DO use the road, for deliveries of materials, their carts in and out, so it isn't that they don't use the road at all. They don't use it as much as RV, and it's understood that Jeff has the biggest share of the burden. But, even before the RV develop. began, the road sucked. I don't see it much worse now than before, except when it rains and the standing water is an issue. But, it's an issue everywhere the roads are unpaved.
I guess my gripe is that even tho Jeff has the equipment to do it, it's not going to get done correctly before the project is nearing completion. His plan is to put a lot of money and effort into it then, so it will be complementary to the development. Until then, everyone who so desperately wants it done could help, either with fuel expenses, time to help assist with the digging for drainage, encouragement or anything to expedite the issue. I think so many people see Jeff as $$bags, and instead of offering help, they are just demanding that HE do it, and do it now, and do it the way THEY want it done. I can assure you, once the project is completed, the roads will be fixed, paved, and taken care of routinely. But, before then, it is everyone's job to help take care of it. If there is extra gravel or sand from a project, put in in a pothole. If you have something that can be used as a filler, fill a hole. Yes, it's a temporary fix, but that's all that will be done until it's feasible to do it the right way. I think if a group effort is in force, the animosity and griping would come to a halt.
I just wish the griping would stop. If you really want it done, take it to the Mayoress and ask her for assistance. She and Mr. Pierce have an agreement, and if anyone can get it done, it would be Ms. Elsa. The whining on this board is getting very old. This is not the arena to get the action started, but is a great way to start bad feelings growing.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 03:32 PM

Well said.....everything takes time, but who's counting! Wish you were here...stopped raining several days ago and we've had nothing but "Sun & Sand" !

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 03:32 PM

Well said.....everything takes time, but who's counting! Wish you were here...stopped raining several days ago and we've had nothing but "Sun & Sand" !

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 03:53 PM

In case people don't realize this, the entire area is Reef Village. The Cloisters and Bermuda Landings are in Reef Village.

So when folks talk about the bad road at Reef Village, they are not necessarily singling out Reef Village Resort.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 03:57 PM

75% of the Reef Village is at or below sea level. That is why there is not drainage. Years ago, way before "Reef Village" the area where the road is now was under water. Unfortunately some serious money will need to be spend on the road to improve it. When the road is raised to prevent the sea/lagoon & rain from constantly flooding the highly trafficed areas steps will need to be taken to ensure that the water doesn't then flood the hotel and condo properties.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 04:12 PM

A real double edged sword!

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 04:21 PM

I know this, Amanda, but I do believe that when RV is singled out, it is directed at Reef Village, proper. Not that it really makes much difference, but I don't think it is common knowledge that Reef Village encompases as much area as it does. That being said, the issues of drainage are a central problem that will be addressed in due time. I know the condos at Reef Village development are 3-4 feet above the road, so drainage shouldn't be an issue. It may, however, be something the other condo's in the area should be concerned about. I understand there is a plan for drainage from the lagoon to the sea, and hopefully will protect the road from flooding. Not sure about the waterfront condos. I hope they aren't going to be affected.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 04:22 PM

And, Loansum....I sooooo wish I was there. How long are you going to be there? Perhaps we will get there before you have to leave and we can have some cool adult beverages and a good chat.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 08:42 PM

WAIT A MINUTE! This is the first I ever heard that those of us on the sea side of the NOT A ROAD were part of Reef Village! I don’t think Reef Village even claims ownership of us. In the past we were lumped into Tres Cocos and sometimes called Bob’s Flats. LOL

Hey S & S – I understand you’re defending your project – and good for you – however, those of us on the sea side have worked all along in patching the road. Chris Barenfanger even put down two concert strips that a big equipment operator tore up the first night.

Yes, there are some places up north where the roads are as bad as in front of Reef Village – most of the “lakes” caused by the heavy equipment being run up and down the roads. There is a big difference in pot holes and lakes. We golf carts can get through pot holes if we go slow enough – we can not get through standing water without shorting out our electrical systems.

Drainage has been a problem for a long time but it is becoming increasingly worse as the roads are packed down and the sides built up. Just yesterday and long time Belizean resident told me that when the grader used to go down the road two men with shovels accompanied it – one on either side. They shoveled out the built up bank and tossed the sand back into the middle of the road. I think we need to reinstitution that. Jim Tzycan and I are paying a worker to do jus that between the turn north just past the Palapa Bar and our houses.

Bottom line is those that destroy the road need to fix the road; the equipment that makes it bad could be used to make it better.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 08:58 PM

Harriette, I agree with you on the part of who makes it bad to make it better.
Now, the Reef Village thing. From what I understand, the whole area was part of ONE parcel. The parcel was never deeded out in seperate parcels, but was in the process of "sorting it out" when the original owner passed away, without it all getting sorted out. The claim had to go through several "re-deeding" to get to the point that it could be settled with everyone getting their fair deed or title. You are right, RV doesn't claim it, it is just the way it looks on paper. Now that the sorting is almost completed, everyone who has a right to get a deed, either strata or clear title, will be able to do it. My understanding is that all of this has taken many years of constant attempts in order to get it to this point. Once the titles/deeds are distributed only the Reef Village development will be Reef Village. Is that as clear as mud now? Sorry, and if I'm giving inaccurate information, I apologize, but this is how it was explained to me by a couple of different people who supposedly know what is going on.
I know Chris tried to put down concrete, and I was very disappointed to see that someone had run through it with the heavy equip. I don't think it was done deliberatly, but never the less, it was done. I applaud anyone who makes the attempt to get the road improved. And I didn't mean to step on any toes, but you have to admit, the bitching is getting pretty old. I repeat...go see Mayoress Elsa and ask for some help in the road situation. Better to spend the energy doing something productive, I'd think.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 09:40 PM

sun&sand you are doing a good job trying to explain the Reef Village description. However, I don't think the original Reef Village guy is dead. But yes the whole area was refered to as Reef Village (other than the Phipps property which is where the Hammock House bar was recently.)

Al Dugan Properties is the area referred to as Reef Village.

Nowadays Reef Village is synonymous with Jeff Pierce - but this is a very very new occurance.

As far as I understand the titles in the Reef Village area - which includes Bermuda Landings, Villas Del Rio etc, will be neat and tidy by the end of the month.

FYI, I live south of San Pedro and the homeowners had to band together and work in conjunction with the town council in order to finally get our roads in some form of passable condition. If I want my street to be clean, I pay a guy to clean it for me - or if my kids have been badly behaved I can coerce them into cleaning up the neighbourhood.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 11:25 PM

A big Thank You to The Reef Village Folks for patching up the road.
I hereby declare a ceasefire!!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/18/07 11:53 PM

Belizeonthebeach, I hope you aren't toying with me. Did they really get the road graded? If they did, I'm very happy for everyone, since it will maybe show good faith on Jeff's part.
Amanda, I appreciate you clearing up the questionable areas. I'm always hesitant to offer info because I'm not absolutely sure if it's correct, but I have asked about this several times and always get close to the same story, so I assumed it was correct. But thanks for the clarifications.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/19/07 05:24 AM

I would think that jarring his (Jeff's)spine and bumping his head on the roof of his cart while staring at a road grader would be enough motivation. That grader just cut 10 minutes off my commute.
I apologize for the drama. Please don't kick me outta the pool/bar--I promise to spend at least $100 everytime I go there.
Posted By: Lambsblood

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/19/07 07:10 AM

Does anyone know if the "H" condo building in Reef Village, has been started and if it has when the completion date will be?

Also would like to know when the whole Reef Village complex will be finished...appx. date?

TIA

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/19/07 11:59 AM

Belizeonthebeach, you are welcome at the pool/bar anytime, and you don't have to spend THAT much money. Just make sure the little blonde in the corner has constant cool drinks coming her way. Hopefully we'll be down soon and I'll buy YOU a drink. No bad feelings towards anyone, just wish it was a more friendly arena at times.
Lambsblood, send me your email address and I'll send you pictures from last month when we were there. I don't think H has started. As for the whole development completion, it's anyones guess as to when it will be finished. Our condo was promised in 6 months, it took almost two years. Our villa was promised in 6 months, and it has been almost two years, and it's still not finished. Everything moves on island time, and although we are used to getting what we want when we want it, it doesn't quite work that way down there. I had to learn patience, and plenty of it. I hope yours if finished soon, but don't count on it.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/19/07 09:22 PM

Sun & Sand, we will be here until November 29th.....when are you coming down?

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 12:17 AM

Oh, Loansum...I am afraid we won't get there until the end of the year. Again, we miss eachother. When will you be able to get back to AC? I am hoping to spend at least two or three months there this time, so perhaps we will be there when you return. I hope, as I would love to sit and have a good chat. Are you having a wonderful time there now?

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 12:22 AM

We are in "H" and according to Jules the ground breaking was just done. Completion may be by April or May. We head down for 6 months on the 10th of Nov. and will post what we see. As for the whole project... I'm just waiting for the slips to dock my boat!

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 12:45 AM

Yes, we are waiting, also, flyfisherman. We don't have a boat there yet, but hope to get one once the docks are in. We have the villa directly behind the pool, and can tie a boat up to the veranda, but I think it would be safer in a slip. I hope you aren't "married" to that April or May forcast. Take their estimate, and double it. That is a more realistic span. They all have such an optimistic outlook as to how long it will take to completion. I hope it works out for you, that it's finished when they say it will be. I know how disappointed I was when they didn't make their first completion date. That is when I learned patience. And lots of it. Good luck, and have a terrific time there.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 07:53 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I will be down there about the 13th of Nov. for a couple of days. We have purchansed a unit in H. I too will take a lot of pictures but I would love to get some pictures beforehand. My e-mail is [email protected] if anyone wants to send me some pics.

Has anyone tried to rent their place? Have you used the Village to rent the place for you or have you rented it yourself? And what are the places rented for? I have a 1/1 on the 3rd floor facing the bay.

TIA

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 07:56 AM

BTW...I can wait, and understand completion dates. I would love to see the unit finished quickly..but I also understand the whole patience thing.

Thanks again.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 12:28 PM

Renting seems to be going pretty well, but I'm sure will be excellent once the project is completed. I don't know what yours will rent for, we have rented to friends and I understand it has been rented by the mgmt co. Ours is a 2/2 on the third floor, facing the sea, so we have different units. I know you are excited to get it completed. We were just antsy, waiting. The day we walked in to our finished unit was a very good day. I was very pleasantly suprised at the quality, the furnishings, the view. The only thing missing was the personalization stuff, art, candles, little things. And, I only changed one lamp. I know you will be pleased.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 01:12 PM

S&S, you're right about the time slip on the completion. This is actually the "revised" schedule. The first one had it completed by the end of October, yes, this October. Oh well. I saw bulding "G's" ground work going on in March and the roof is now being started so if the electrical and plumbing were on schedule and it's completed by the first of the year that's 11 months... Doesn't look good for "H" to be completed by May.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 03:24 PM

Sun & Sand, we'll be back in mid February for approximately two months. Looking forward to seeing the skydivers. The weather has changed back to its beautiful self.....no appreciable rain for the last 5 days.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/20/07 08:12 PM

Great, Loansum. I plan on being there from the end of the year through Feb, maybe into the middle of March, at least. We will get together for sure then. I'm happy the weather is being kind. When we were there in Sept, the weather was just wonderful, too. One of the many things about AC that I appreciate.

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/21/07 01:55 AM

Sounds great!

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/29/07 07:42 AM

Does anyone know what the units are selling for now? 1/1 Condo on 3rd floor?

Re: Reef Village Development - 10/29/07 01:57 PM

Check the website....www.reefvillagebelize.com . It is pretty up to date now.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/05/07 08:25 AM

Well...I just came back from Reef Village. I think "H" has a lot of the fundation in...complex looks great. I do hope they landscape a little better after all the construction.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/05/07 12:31 PM

Hey Lamb. Did you take any pictures? If you did, I'd love to see them.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 06:19 AM

Yes I took some pictures. Here is my [email protected] can send me your e-mail and I will send some pictures.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 06:23 AM

Let me ask everyone a question. I am putting my condo in a corp. set up in Belize. I understand by doing so that I can sell it by just selling my shares in the corp. and therefore helping someone save the 5% Belize Tax on RE. Have you all done the same and is there really any benefit for setting up your condo in a Belizian Corp.?

TIA

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 02:28 PM

I don't know about that. I will ask my honey, cause if there is a way to save a dollar, he'll know. I am sure he's checked that out, but I don't remember how it worked. I'm sending you my email, please forward pictures...tankuverimuch.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lambsblood
Let me ask everyone a question. I am putting my condo in a corp. set up in Belize. I understand by doing so that I can sell it by just selling my shares in the corp. and therefore helping someone save the 5% Belize Tax on RE. Have you all done the same and is there really any benefit for setting up your condo in a Belizian Corp.?

TIA

NO Lambsblood you are mistaken. You are referring to a practice that is no longer a loop hole in the law. And even back then the stamp duty rate was 3%, not free.

The 5% stamp duty also applies to corporate shares that encompass ownership of some form of real estate. If you sell your shares to a non-Belizean he/she must obtain approval from the Solicitor General's office before the sale can go through.

An attorney would be better able to advise you on the benefits of a Belizean Corporation.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 03:10 PM

Your a wealth of information Amanda. By 'stamp duty' do you mean 'Title Transfer Tax'? The laws have changed a lot in the last few years and I'm sure i need updating.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 06:13 PM

You are better off by holding condo shares in a LLC in the US, that is if you live in the US.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by elbert
Your a wealth of information Amanda. By 'stamp duty' do you mean 'Title Transfer Tax'? The laws have changed a lot in the last few years and I'm sure i need updating.

The government does not charge a "title transfer tax." The payment made to government to transfer the title is a form of stamp duty.

However, because many people are not familiar with the term, stamp duty, we simplify it by calling it the title transfer tax.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 08:44 PM

Thanks

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/07/07 09:25 PM

Amanda, Aren't the properties held by older corporations grandfathered into to this loop hole and still transferable with out anyone paying the title transfer/stamp duty?

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 03:37 AM

So is there a need for the corp. or is that just a waste of my money?

TIA

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 03:40 AM

What is an "LLC"....TIA

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 04:40 AM

Limited Liability Corporation

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 10:14 AM

Thanks.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by elbert
Amanda, Aren't the properties held by older corporations grandfathered into to this loop hole and still transferable with out anyone paying the title transfer/stamp duty?

No.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 03:18 PM

The next time someone you know complains about the roads, schools, hospitals, crime etc. etc. ask them point blank how much money they pay in taxes. Many of the biggest complainers bought their properties via the loop hole - and their annual property taxes?? Maybe $300 US per year.

People that are paid less than $19K Bz per year don't pay income tax so it is up to the middle and upper class earners to pick up the slack.

One of governments larger sources of revenue is the stamp duty on property sales - and people seem to spend way too much time and energy trying to avoid paying - THEN, they complain that the government isn't providing the services they want.

If you are paying the taxes that you are supposed to, and paid your full stamp duties, imporatation taxes etc. etc. then you have a right to complain! If this describes you please consider joining either the Ambergris Caye Chamber of Commerce or the San Pedro Business Association and lend your voice and vote to organizations that are going to make a difference in our community.

Together we can make this a beautiful, productive, & safe environment to live in.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 05:15 PM

Stamp duty on property sales certainly doesn't encourage buyers. However, I do believe that the property taxes are way to low. Buyers cringe at the thought of having to pony up a huge transfer tax.......they don't mind paying a reasonable property tax.....it's less painful. Property taxes should be at least 4 times what they are now.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 05:19 PM

"Property taxes should be at least 4 times what they are now."
Agreed...but only if there are sizeable exemptions for ones primary residence, property held over many years...to avoid damaging local families who can't afford to pay high property taxes.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 07:07 PM

Jesse, I agree.....local residents and small business owners should not have to bear the burden. The ones who definitely can afford it are the people who shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars for their vacation homes.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 07:42 PM

There is another angle to the stampduty/transfer tax. Those who purchase unimproved/unoccupied land for the purpose of speculation
used to be taxed at a higher rate. This was changed a few years back, I don't understand the logic.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/08/07 08:02 PM

Just another way to give the guys with the big $$$$ a break.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/09/07 12:10 AM

Undeveloped land is still taxed at a higher rate than developed land. There is also a "speculation" tax. Most people I know don't qualify in the speculation bracket so the tax isn't a well known one. However this is the reason why many larger tract land owners on the mainland converted their lands into nature reserves - so that the speculation tax would no longer be a burden.

Really if you look at the stamp duty on real estate as a "one time" tax then it isn't as painful. If you were to analyse the taxes payable on land transfers in the US you would see that the 5% of the purchase price tax is on par with many of the accumulated US taxes. By the time you factor in origination fees, county, state and federal taxes what do you come up with? And then crippling annual property taxes thereafter.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/09/07 04:36 AM

When do you pay this 5% stamp duty? At closing? When title is issued?

Have you all paid this stamp duty?

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/09/07 09:49 AM

Title is given when building is finished and I was told they turn a lot of buildings in at the same time to get title. I talked to the guy in Nasville (former racer and I can't remember his name) this week and he said that they were going to wait to turn building "H" in for titles at the same time they turned I-M in for the titles. I encouraged him to turn "H" in for title when "H" was finished and not to wait for I-M.

Because I have a condo in "H" I guess that stamp tax has not been required on anyone in that building as of yet. I just want to be prepared for that when it comes.

Thanks for all the comments. Any other comments that are helpful would be appreciated.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/09/07 03:14 PM

postponing or avoiding the title transfer tax is dangerous and there is some large advantage to sellers that are financing to try and avoid this . be careful ...be very careful.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/09/07 10:30 PM

Lambsblood, depending on how the strata plan is structured at the Reef Village you may be required to wait for other buildings in your phase to be completed before title can be issued. I would depend on your developer to steer you in the right direction in regards to timing. If you are in doubt then also consult with legal counsel. Usually in condo projects certain phases include multiple buildings and the whole phase of the project must be completed before titles can be issued. If you are waiting for another building to be completed it will be a while before you will receive your title. Once the buildings are completed they need to be inspected and a few other steps need to occur before the title process begins.

Your stamp duty is paid at the time that your title transfer process begins. Once the valuation department confirms the value of your condo and confirms your stamp duty assessment and you make payment the process takes about 8 weeks before you receive a title issued in your name.

Re: Reef Village Development - 12/25/07 11:43 PM

thought I should let this group know that there is at least one other Reef Village owners group on Google Groups (some of you are members of both), but for those who aren't...this is the info. best to all during this special season!
Marty

You send an email to the group 'owner' Julie : [email protected] and she will sign you up.

This is her message on the topic:
Hello All,

Just a quick note regarding the Reef Village Google Group. This is a
forum where owners can post Reef Village information specifically for
the eyes of Reef Village owners. I would like to encourage anyone
with any information to initiate a new posting. It is great to hear
from those of you who are in San Pedro and have a first hand account
of the happenings, rumors etc.

If you know of someone who would like to be included in the group
please send me an email and I'll send them an invitation to join our
group.

Warmest regards and Happy Holidays,

Julie

Re: Reef Village Development - 01/28/08 03:38 AM

If anyone is interested in a unit in G building...G-302...it is a 1/1 and should be finished at anytime. Top floor. These folks bought the unit and circumstances are such that they now have to sell the condo.

They wants to sell it at the price they bought it at 149k...no furniture but it is on the top floor looking at the ocean.

If anyone is interested you can e-mail [email protected]
Posted By: bob and vera

Re: Reef Village Development - 01/29/08 11:13 PM

we are in the process of buying I103 and would love to know how far along it looks. we're hoping for an august completion
Posted By: Belize-N-Us

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/03/08 04:53 PM

Does anyone know Jeff Pierce personally?

Such as where is he from and where does he live full time? Other projects currently under construction or completed? Age? Health status?

I would like to know these things as an interested possible investor.

Thanks

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/03/08 04:58 PM

You should ask him directly.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/03/08 06:21 PM

Tall, dark, handsome, healthy, strong, intelligent... uhh did I miss anything out? hehe

Jesse's right, if you plan to purchase in a development perhaps you might want to meet the developer face to face.
Posted By: Sail&Dive

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/03/08 07:16 PM

Anyone is buying a villa in the Phase II? I have a deposit on one.
Posted By: twocandream

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/05/08 07:13 PM

sent you a PM Sail & Dive

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/06/08 06:38 PM

Hello everyone - just wondering if anyone has a current update regarding Reef Village. Their website seems to have been updated in October with a few photos posted in January/08. In particular, I am interested in knowing if there are any villa sites still available. Or if anyone has changed their minds and now want to resell their villa site. Also, does anyone know of a similar sort of development with similar pricing? Aside from The Cloisters. Thanks for any info provided.

We have sent RV a couple emails a few weeks ago, but still have not heard anything back from them, other than the automated email thanking us for the interest and that someone would be contacting us within 24hours.

We hope to arrive again in Belize this April or May. This time we plan on checking out the real estate market, something that is definitely not easy from long distance internet only.
Posted By: sunandsand

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/06/08 07:18 PM

PM coming your way.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/06/08 08:10 PM

Got it - I sent you one as well

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/08/08 05:02 AM

Just to clarify my post: I do NOT intend to sell my parcel/site. I am looking for other people buying in Phase2 to exchange thoughts.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/08/08 11:45 AM

Marina update. Two slips are in and more to come. Jeff's boat and one
boat from the SeaRay guys in building E are in their slips - lift
slips. Jules is having a couple of more standard floating slips put in
which is great news as out boat from Bradely over in Belize City is
due to be done this week, or next... Well, very soon! We still need
the entrance trenched to get usable access. I heard Jeff had quite the
trip getting his boat in from just down by the gas dock, and he had a
guide!

The buildings are getting done and most of the villas are in the
interior phase - a few villas where just started last week but the 12
on the south side of the cove look to have only about 3-4 at the
groundwork phase.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/09/08 12:28 AM

Flyfisherman - just sent you a PM

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/09/08 04:01 PM

Does anyone here know the status of Jeff's next project "South Beach Belize"?

A post on this board says "shut down". I have e-mailed direct to them through the web site for a couple of weeks now with no response. I have seen that others have also had no response to e-mails.

What's the deal?

How does the recent election results affect this and other developments on the island?

Posted By: deadserious

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/11/08 06:33 AM

I received an email from them this morning that indicated all was moving forward. They are intending to break ground in 30 days or so.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/11/08 04:36 PM

things seem to be moving along as we have been invoiced for our ground breaking 7 months earlier than anticipated.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/11/08 07:07 PM

That's sad to hear!

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/11/08 08:47 PM

My answer was not for south beach but for reef village.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/12/08 01:58 AM

suecate, PM is coming your way

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/12/08 04:18 AM

back at ya sail and dive

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/15/08 04:33 PM

anyone know how far building "I" is?

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/15/08 09:31 PM

ERT

Here was the response to Tom McPeak's "criteria" and advertisement on nexpatriates.blogspot:

Excellent criteria, and most apply to San Pedro. The cultural experience is what I desire rather than the resort holiday, but to each his own. AC provides both. I'm afraid the balance may tip too far to the resort experience soon. And ugly condo buildings are going up just north of the cut. I hope AC retains some of its charm. But thanks for the post!

This was posted in the "monster development" thread.

Not posted by me, I just copied it here for you guys to see.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/16/08 02:22 PM

Just go to the Village website and you'll see building "I"'s location. They are starting the 3rd floor on it now.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/16/08 02:29 PM

PM'd you suecate.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/16/08 05:38 PM

Flyfisherman,
Do you know status of building “K”??

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/17/08 12:30 AM

"K" is still underwater. They are dredging the area now but they look to be the next ones started.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/17/08 02:17 AM

New Feb 16th village photos online for anyone interested. Reef village Feb photos

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/17/08 02:37 AM

Do you get a lifetime supply of Deet with a purchase :-)

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/17/08 02:44 AM

I am surrounded by wetlands here so I will feel right at home.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/18/08 02:42 AM

So then I guess the only thing that is missing is a 12 foot chain link fence with razor wire on top :-)

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 03:14 AM

San Pedro Daily (Feb. 19): “New Minister of Tourism and Area Representative for San Pedro Manuel Heredia Jr. says on Friday the DOE shut down 21 construction sites on the island”.

Anyone knows if Reef Village is one of the 21? How can we find out?

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 05:09 PM

Sail&Dive, I'm sure Reef Village is not one of the 21......I think they have a "permit" to destroy the mangroves.
Posted By: tnjojo

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 05:28 PM

Loansum... can't anyone mention Reef Village without your jumping in with some negative comments? Help us understand your problem...

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by tnjojo
Loansum... can't anyone mention Reef Village without your jumping in with some negative comments? Help us understand your problem...

Guess not.......my apologies to all I've offended.....I promise to tone it down a little. blush

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 06:09 PM

Thank you loansum
Posted By: cav

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by LOANSUM - AL K.
Sail&Dive, I'm sure Reef Village is not one of the 21......I think they have a "permit" to destroy the mangroves.

If a developer follows the rules and are issued the proper permits to build who is at falt ? Let me put it to you this way. Subprime, no doc and 100% mortgages were part of the reason for the forclosure crisis we are in today. Have you ever issued such mortgages ?

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 08:56 PM

cav, my company steered clear of subprime, the only no doc or 100% mortgages we did were ones that could be sold only to Fannie or Freddie, i.e. comforming loans. Hope that answers your question.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 09:22 PM

Loansum exactly my point. You played by the rules and wrote only conforming loans. If a developer is conforming to the rules and is issued the proper permits he should not be put into the same basket as those that are developing illegaly just because you don't agree with a project.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by cav
Loansum exactly my point. You played by the rules and wrote only conforming loans. If a developer is conforming to the rules and is issued the proper permits he should not be put into the same basket as those that are developing illegaly just because you don't agree with a project.

I don't recall ever saying that the developer was acting illegaly. If you can find such a post please quote it.
Thanks!

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by LOANSUM - AL K.

Loansum,

I apologize, I misinterpeted destroying mangroves as being illegal.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/20/08 10:20 PM

Sorry to do this. Yet again we have a perfectly simple question about the progress of the project that is under construction sink down to the level of questioning personal ethics.

As our master Marty says - please just keep everything reasonable. We have a personal messaging system for people that have legitimate questions of a personal nature.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/21/08 04:14 PM

Okay all, we are back on track. Let's take off the gloves and really discuss the facts and progress of this development.

I know I will be heading over to the bar at Reef Village sometime in the next week or 2 because I want to watch the skydiving events.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/22/08 01:17 AM

All I wanted to know is whether development was not stopped….
Anyway, I’m glad that “storm” is over.

Amanda, when you’ll go there, please let us know how things are going.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/23/08 01:54 PM

ERT

On another thread (Reef Village), I just saw a 2/20 message from someone saying that he had been informed by South Beach that they would be breaking ground in 30 days.

I didn't have the heart to say on that thread that I had just been up to see Reef Village for the first time. It is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. It is possible the interiors are nice. But the exteriors just need the Motel 6 sign, the interstate and chain link fence in front and the asphalt access road. That's before one considers the cost to the community of losing wetlands and the long-term water issues Reef Village is going to face. The new owners, however, are thrilled and think the place is great.

So it appears Reef Village South is on the way. Does anybody know what to do? Heredia's recent grandstanding makes clear that the names and faces have changed, but nothing else. I am very distressed. It's hard to watch this happening.

Copied from "South Beach Shut Down" thread. Anyone know who this ERT person is?
Posted By: Tim Callanan

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/24/08 06:05 PM

Hi Thomas,
Have you sent this person a P.M. ? , some people can get offended when they are talked about in a public forum.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 04:57 PM

Hey Tim, how are you and Tina?

This ERT person posted some pretty harsh comments in a public forum and therefore should be accounted for in the same public forum. I don't like "screen names" that allow someone to remain anonymous. Our full names are listed in our profile for anyone who would like to see them. I don't think it's fair to post harsh or strongly worded statements on the net then hide behind a screen name so no one knows your true identity. This allows a person to not be accountable for their statements which can be hurtful to others or even damaging to a business.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 05:09 PM

Your name isn't in your profile.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 05:17 PM

I have also been to Reef village and although I have no personal interest in owning a condo unit, I don't think it's fair to compare them to Motel 6 or 8 or whatever.

If you own or have sold some of these units I would think this type statement would be pretty upsetting and very upsetting if your the developer.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 06:05 PM

It just gets very tiresome that everytime you try to find out information about reef village you get attacked on some level. It leaves you apprehensive about using the board for its purpose - information sharing and there is a lot of great info.

The majority (99.9%) of the posters are phenomenal.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 06:30 PM

Check again Simon.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 06:34 PM

My error, didn't see it under occupation. Very few people have their name listed.

Re: Reef Village Development - 02/25/08 07:00 PM

I've come to really appreciate this site and the information it provides but I've got to admit I do tire of the continuous attacks when I'm just looking for updates on the property and what's going on around the island and to share that info with others that are looking for the same.

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/08/08 06:58 PM

some of our group are going down next week... if anyone would like specific pictures/progress reports, ect. let me know and I'll try to get them to you...

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/09/08 07:22 AM

Well, my buddy still has not sold his G-302 unit.

It is on the TOP floor looking out over the caribbean. At this point he is taking the best offers. He has a cotp. set up in Belize which also comes with the unit.

Anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/10/08 12:31 PM

Anyone owning a condo at the village willing to rent it out over the summer/fall? Just one person needs a place while waiting for his condo to get done. Need to rent from May-November. $500US-$600US per month?

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/16/08 05:16 PM

March update photos of the village are posted at http://www.hitaluga.com/reef_village/mar_photos.html for anyone interested.

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/17/08 12:13 AM

thank you

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/17/08 07:42 PM

thanks flyfisherman. we bought a first floow unit in Building "I" these pictures are great. did you notice what is between building "I" and the ocean at this point?

Re: Reef Village Development - 03/17/08 09:12 PM

Building I is behind Chris Barenfanger's new complex, Burmuda Beach.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/21/08 12:29 PM

New photos of the progress of Reef Village are at April Photos for anyone interested.

I mistakenly started a new topic with the same info and opened the usual can of worms, sorry. I'm relisting the link here where it belongs.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/21/08 01:02 PM

thanks for the update - it doesn't seem to take much to get all of the crybabies to start piling on...waaaaahhhh your building is ugly, waaaaaahhhh somebody put a rope in the road, waaaahhhh a mean timeshare man talked to me, (I've got to agree with them on that one), but anyway thanks, Joe

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/21/08 06:43 PM

The place looks like its really coming along nicely. The landscaping is beautiful! Much better than what is was before, a mucky swamp full of the neighboring development's run off. Good job Jeff!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/23/08 05:07 AM

The last redneck that called me a crybaby would have been 32 today.
Just like a Tennessee redneck to steal more chain than he can swim with. wink

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/23/08 05:09 AM

That should crank up this discussion a little!!! grin
Posted By: smiles

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/23/08 06:55 AM

Cool pics, I'm moving to that area soon on the ocean side tho, hey whats more usefull a cart or a boat? Do you know Bone fish flats?

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/23/08 01:12 PM

bzonthebeach... you miss the point of the thread (again)...we just want to exchange pictures, info, ect on our properties while we're away and aren't really trying to "crank up the discussion a little" here...they have another thread started up to to that.

(Did you really kill a redneck for callin' you a crybaby or are you just kidding me? Was yesterday really his birthday? I gotta know.)

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/23/08 05:53 PM

Oh
Sorry
I was getting bored and I don't need any pix.
I see it everyday, The Village, that is.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/25/08 01:30 AM

thanks for thew photos- keep em coming. it makes us feel good to see some progress. we are in blg I and we have a friend that bought a villa in the 40's somewhere

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/25/08 04:37 AM

Hi Bob & Vera,
You don't need any landscaping rope edging by any chance, Do you?
Its free and we deliver.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/25/08 03:06 PM

b on the b
Bring it up to my northern house. It would look really good around my vegetable garden! LOL The bigger the better.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 02:24 PM

not quite sure if we would. I don't think we are able to change anything at the place. Thanks though.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 02:30 PM

woops. didn't catch the "rope speedbump is a crime against humanity and has ruined many lives" thread. duh.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 03:45 PM

Ya know, I had said I wasn't going to post on this anymore, but this is just silly. I can remember when everyone was pissing and moaning about the condition of the road in front of the project. So, Jeff and his crews fixed the roads, are maintaining them pretty well. Now, he has made efforts to keep the road in good repair by limiting the speed, and you have yet another reason to [#%!] and moan. I don't get it. Isn't anyone happy to live in paradise and just "slow down" a little? Or, does moving to the island, or visiting it, give one permission to complain about everything? If it isn't the poor condition of the road, it's the ropes, or the time share ppl. What gives?
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 03:56 PM

I do not think that it is really the ropes or the time share salesman. I think we are mad at ourselves for not fighting harder to keep such an environmental disaster from being built. I will say that it looks better than I would ever have anticipated. But the reality is that it has significantly disturbed the ecology of that lagoon and set a precedent that could destroy San Pedro. And the fault lies not only with the developer but with all of us who don't stand up against the policies that allow this type of eco-destructive development.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 04:58 PM

So why the bitching about the road? What is done is done....best work on preventing a repeat of this, rather than bashing something that has become a reality. I'm not there full time, but I can say that if you go behind this particular project, and look at the lagoon area, it is full of wildlife, it seems to have been a plus rather than a negative, at least where the birds and fish are concerned. I am seeing many more now than before this project. I don't know why, but it is. So, when you say it has disturbed the ecology, how so? And, if it really has, how can we go about fixing it? Seems there are so many better ways to fixate on this project than to keep condeming it. As for the "beauty" or lack of, again, it is in the eye of the beholder. I think they have done a great job in making it aesthetically appealing with the landscaping, the color choices. But, I'm not there full time, so what do I know?
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 08:45 PM

Pam, you are right on. Sunandsand, you are not. Manufacturing land by dredging destroys part of the marine ecosystem. If the developer were environmentally correct, he would have named it “Swamp Village”.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 08:53 PM

We just got back and I will upload new pics tonight for anyone interested send me a pm. Villa's and condo's

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/27/08 10:51 PM

Thanks. Hopefully Reef Village can be used as an example of what not to do in the future. There is nothing inherently wrong with development but it has to be very carefully managed, especially around a fragile ecosystem like a salt water lagoon that abuts an aqaufur (sp?). I WISH THIS BOARD HAD SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 01:07 AM

Again, I can only speak to what I see, and I see many different kinds of birds, plenty of fish, iguanas around the lagoon just behind the project. I agree that dredging isn't a good thing. But, I don't see what bitching about the road hasto do with dredging. I guess I would like to see people take a proactive stand, rather than wasting time bashing something that has nothing to do with the issues. You wanted a good road, you now HAVE a good road, and you still complain. Go figure.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 01:41 AM

The problem from my perspective is - a road at what cost. I do not believe that repairing a road in front of a project that benifits the developer who has destroyed part of the marine ecosystem to manufacture land to build on justifies the project.
That is analogist to saying if a drug dealer donates to a drug rehab program he is exhonerated from the crime of drug dealing.
Reef Village aka Swamp Village is the perfect example of the kind of development at the expense of the enviornment that will, or maybe already has, change Ambergris Caye from a pristine island to an island where building and selling condos is more important than preserving what nature gave us. It is doubtful in my mind that just building on the land that existed on AC could be done and still not have a detremental effect on the enviornment let alone manufacturing more land to build on at the expense of the enviornment.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 02:07 AM

Ya know, I don't disagree with you, bywarren. But, what this is about, is the road. What is built, is built. Whatever you want to complain about concerning this project now is pretty much water under the bridge. I think you could better serve the area with thinking of ways to prevent environmental adversity again instead of whining about a road and ropes across the road. Just my thoughts, and I am finished with this for now.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 02:26 AM

I have been very quiet on this topic for a long time but those of you who have been around for awhile know that I fought like crazy to stop the destruction of the mangroves. I am the woman that Jeff Pierce refers to as “The Bitch” and asked my caretaker how he could stand to work for me.
If it had simply been mud off of the bottom of the lagoon that was dredged up I would not have said a thing. Moving mud from one place to another does not diminish the lagoon. TEARING OUT A QUARTER OF A MILE OF MANGROVES DOES!
S&S you and I can get along fine as neighbors but you must understand that all that life you are seeing in the lagoon is what I was seeing from my place. I miss my birds!
You challenged us to stop such things in the future – the problem is that the precedent has been set and Jeff Pierce is in the process of destroying another piece of our eco-system at a project I believe is called South Beach.
What I have been told is that no environmental impact study was done as Jeff did not apply for a permit to DREDGE; he got a permit to MINE.
Many things have gone on behind closed doors and I will not make any acquisitions I can’t substantiate but I’m sure it doesn’t take much imagination to figure things out.
I was told that right after the national election there were over 20 projects on the island shut down; Reef Village and South Park were among them. I’ve heard rumors about how another arm of the government stepped in and over road that action.
There are a lot of laws here in Belize, ropes across the road is one of them. Unfortunately few of the laws are enforced. Therefore we whine!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 03:10 AM

Scubaldy, I know and totally understand where you are coming from. The issues against this project have been beat until there is nothing left. The debate started again because the road wasn't what you all wanted. Now, it still isn't what you want. My question is why do you all continue to whine about a road, when the real problem is something totally different? I understand that you miss your birds. Is that the problem? Tearing out a quarter mile of mangroves is terrible, but it didn't really hurt the birds. I'm sure it has an impact, but I don't know exactly how, if wildlife is still abundant. But, it sounds like you are mad because you can't see the birds from your place anymore. Should I be angry because Bob is building condos in front of mine? No..I'm not angry. It's his property, and he can do what he wants. Your condo did not guarantee lagoon views. If you want lagoon views, you will have to buy property on the lagoon, and protect it's views. If it is something that you don't want, join together and be heard. Go to where the buck stops, and continue to do what you need to do to be heard. Whining about the road is pretty silly, since that isn't the issue you are really upset about.
What goes down between you and Jeff is your business, and I am not going to get involved in that.
Good luck. I wish this bitching could just stop. There is so much more to life than constant complaining.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 03:13 AM

Wow! This has 18 pgs. to it!... just an observation... I'll bow out now. :P

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 04:30 AM

The only one that seems to be perpetuating the 'road / rope' thing is you, sunandsand.I got over it a week ago.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 11:33 AM

Excuse me? I couldn't care less about the road. I was just commenting on how many people seem to look for things to gripe about where this project is concerned. But, since you feel I'm the "perp", I will just leave it alone. My efforts were to get to what was really the problem. You may have gotten over it a week ago, but you opened that can of worms for others to start the campaign again. I guess some people, Belizeonthebeach, just want to complain. So, it's a free world....have at it!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 11:46 AM

TQ, I know, it's a little silly I think, to have so much on one project. But, to each his own, and it seems this is the one to harp on.
Hope to see you soon!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 12:53 PM

I don't think it is silly to focus on this particular project because a couple more of them and San Pedro, as we know it is gone. The Gringo population can leave and find a new place to rape and destroy but we will have left an environmentally ruined island for generations of San Pedranos.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 03:42 PM

Sunandsand, excuse me for saying so but I think you are delusional. To say that the wildlife has hardly been affected by acres of development on wetland is just amazing to me. Is it possible that you are seeing an abundant amount of wildlife in one section because what was spread out over acres and acres now has to share and survive in a much smaller patch? Think about it!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 04:33 PM

Sunandsand
If you had begun your daily commute to wherever one morning and someone had installed 4 spine jarring speedbumps, overnight,on your route, I find it hard to believe that you would not complain.
Today they have three ropes piled up about 8" or so in front of the time share shack. That will definitley stop all carts, not just slow them down.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 05:06 PM

JZB, you are likely right, but from what I've seen, the wildlife is doing OK. Again, as I said, I'm not there full time, so don't claim to know what it's like away from there.
BontheB, I would not like to have "spine Jarring speedbumps", any more than I liked the huge holes and lakes we had to drive through on the road. Which is the lesser of the evils? I would be furious if I had to slow down by the timeshare ppl. I equate them to used car salesmen, only more obnoxious. The road isn't owned by RV, is it? Who is to stop anyone from pulling the ropes up and disposing of them? Or, why not talk to Jeff and see if he could make them smaller? Just a suggestion.
I'm done, and outta here.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 05:51 PM

I am totally amazed by “discussion” about Reef Village. Few things comes to mind reading all the posts:
1. I’ll go on the limb and assume that people who complain the most already own houses or condos, mot likely somewhere north of the cut. If this is the case, it reminds me of East Coast suburbanites (you know, people who moved to ‘burbs yesterday and today complain about urban sprawl)
2. I am positive, that there was no vegetation whatsoever where those houses or condos were built, otherwise wouldn’t they also participated in “destruction of the environment”??
3. I am not an expert, but how exactly clearing quarter of the mile of mangroves destroys habitat on the island 25 miles long? Some birds probably had to move few hundred yards away, but this hardly makes them extinct.
4. “Manufacturing the land to build condos” – isn’t this practice called “filling” and quite widely used on AC and other islands?
5. Speed bumps: they may be an annoyance and they probably are. But what you rather have: a road with few speed bumps, knowing where they are, or a road with millions of potholes, not knowing how deep they are (particularly funny after big rain)?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 07:38 PM

If you don't like the ropes why don't you just cut them free? They've been laid on public land and whatever private individual put them there will have no legal basis for complaining.
Posted By: weile

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 08:38 PM

Thank you Pam, again, for saying it the way it is...

SunandSand (God, I hate these screen names, not knowing who I'm talking to), you apparently don't know half of what happened here. The lagoon was a beautiful place (admittedly the road was half-way flooded throughout most of rainy season, but so what) and an important stop for an abundance of birds on their way south every year.

The lagoon was completely and totally ruined by the development, and all you are saying is "what is built, is built". Are you friggin' kidding me? Do you live here? Do you care about the sewerage problem from such developments and the fact that the environment is being screwed by developers who couldn'r care less? Do you understand that we have had an administration where you could purchase a permit for anything if you were just greedy and rich enough?

Some of us live here, and cannot just get a US green card or whatever and move to another place to hang out when this island has been ruined; and that is just part of the reason why we care. You should respect this and not talk down to permanent residents who are concerned about the future of their home and the general destruction of our environment.

... And to Sail&Dive (or whatever your name is): You automatically assume that everyone who complains have done the same thing and "already own houses or condos". Well, you're damn right that most of us do live here, but contrary to what you think, most of us merely cut down some trees on our properties, so we could build our houses. We did not all engage in obtaining shady permits to destroy multiple acres of waterfront. Also, you are comparing us to unfriendly US East Coast suburbanites... Seriously, have you not learned anything from visiting our island? This is an extremely friendly and welcoming place, where newcomers are receiving more support from local residents than anywhere else on this planet. Just don't question our right to speak our minds when devolpers with nothing but profit in sight are messing with our fragile environment in the name of the holy Dollar.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 09:06 PM

Weile,
My comment about East Coast suburbanites was aimed at people who bought or build property in the last few years, not at permanent residents. It is obvious. As to the island being friendly – you are 110% right - AC is the friendliest place I know.
Corrupt administration? – Sorry to say that, but you elected them.
Screen names – yours does not reveal much either; same goes to your profile.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 09:33 PM

Weile is my name! has been since I was baptised back in the late fifties...
I don't need a profile. I post under my own name and it is quite easy to get a hold of me (check old posts or google, that's what people do these days); and I still do not understand why people are picking silly screen names when they are posting opinions that they are hopefully not ashamed of.
Sorry if I got you wrong. I just got slightly pissed off with you, because I felt you were sitting "up there" telling us "down here" what is right and wrong for our homes and community. Surely you didn't mean to...
P.S.: One can't necessarily blame a people for a bad government. If you only have the choice between the plague and a bleeding ulcer, you are bound to be sick, no matter what.
P.P.S.: Reef Village still looks like crap!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 09:41 PM

this is an excerpt from an article by the WWF. admittedly, it is a few years old, but that should not affect the validity of the info. i am not invloving my opinion here, just reporting facts:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deforestation threatens the cradle of reef diversity

Mangroves play a crucial part in coastal tropical biodiversity. First and foremost, they act as a nursery for many species that live in and around coral reefs. The inter-weaving underwater roots in a mangrove forest create a multitude of niches where great numbers of fish, crustaceans, and turtles find shelter and breed out of reach of voracious predators found out on the reef.

A study on the Mesoamerican reef has revealed that there are as many as 25 times more fish of some species on reefs close to mangrove areas than in areas where mangroves have been cut down. This has an important effect for both the marine world and the people who rely on its resources.

”Mangroves play a vital role in coastal fisheries," says Dr Ghislaine Llewellyn, co-author of the study published in the February issue of Nature magazine. "They are incredibly important for maintaining fish diversity and abundance in the tropics.”

Acting as a buffer zone between land and sea, mangroves also help create the right conditions for coral reef growth by filtering sediments and pollutants that would otherwise choke or poison the coral. Were it not for mangroves, coral reefs would be even more ’stressed’ than they already are from the variety of others pressures surrounding them. Mangroves perform a similar protective function for the coastline, saving millions of dollars each year in coastal erosion damage.

Despite these multiple values, mangroves are disappearing at an alarming rate. Once abundant along tropical tidal coasts and estuaries worldwide, many mangrove forests have disappeared or are degraded today.

”The current rate of mangrove deforestation has implications not only for coral reefs and mangrove forests, but also for biodiversity, fisheries, and livelihoods in the entire region,” says Dr Melanie McField, WWF’s coral reef scientist on the Mesoamerican reef.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 10:36 PM

Well, Weile, I sure don't live there,(although I would love to) and of course, I am environmentally concerned. But, tell me, what does all this bitching about the road have to do with what is built? The complaining about the dredging and building and the looks of the condos and the sewerage (which, by the way is NOT affecting the environment. It is an EPA approved system) and destruction of the island has been hashed out several times. This time, it was about the road, and all of this other stuff has been dredged up again.
I have been going to the island for many years, have seen many changes, some good, some terrible. I hate the destruction, but don't see how complaining about what is already built will change anything. I was just trying to get this conversation on a line that would make a positive change. Complaining does nothing, but perhaps make others think that all of the people who live in paradise have so little to do that they complain about stuff that is not going to change. Get off your soap box and do something that will make a difference. I think this issue has been beat to death, personally. Unless you who are there act on it, rather than just complaining about it, you are no better than the ones who create this destruction. It's easy to complain, very difficult to get a movement started to stop things. I don't know the "ropes" needed to get this moving, but seems that ONE OF YOU there could take the bull by the horns and get it started. Maybe in your spare time? Do something proactive.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 10:41 PM

RE: roads
According to the Government of Belize "there is no road on the north end of the island."
What we have are right of ways through our properties. Just like the beach is called the queens way and people must be given permission to pass through - the size of an ox cart and a man, so can people pass through then main path. The town, nor the central government, will do anything to fix these.
Many of us who live up here try to keep our area patched up. Our anger arises out of our frustration. Until recently all building supplies, yeah all supplies, were delivered by boat. The golf cart path was little used except by bicycles. Electric golf carts were not very practical as you could not make a good round trip on a charge. Then gas golf carts were brought in. Next came ATV, then motor scooters, then motorcycles and now pickup trucks!
Yes, pickup trucks are now crossing the bridge in spite of the fact that we were promised that this would never happen.
Big developments have brought in BIG pieces of machinery and have supplies barged to neighboring landings. Heck – they don’t want the beach in front of their soon to be open resort torn up. Now these enormous vehicles run up and down the cart path destroying it where ever the ground is soft. This creates not potholes but virtual lakes.
This is what happened in front of Reef Village and I named it Lake Pierce.
Contrary to what has been posted here Chris Barenfanger and Bob Kjorlein have never run their deliveries on the common cart path. Chris used the right away right behind my bedroom window for all his deliveries and Bob’s place is just up the beach from the barge landing.
Reef Village did an incredible marketing job and (so I’ve been told) many people in the states bought sight un-seen. Hey – the price was right. The web page made it look like the property across the cart path and seaside lots were part of Reef Village. I have heard rumors that they have been purchased by Jeff Pierce. Many units and villas have been sold and it was in the best interest of those people that got the cart path in front of Reef Village improved.
Hopefully many of you will care enough to see the direction this mangrove destroying practice is taking and will care enough to join us who live here full time in calling for a stop to it. South Beach is next! Abuse of our natural resources must be addressed

Not in my back yard (NIMBY) is a common human foible. I know better than to complain about anyone blocking my view and I try not to indulge in it. I slipped when I said I missed my view of the birds on the lagoon. Sorry – I’m very human.

[Linked Image]

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 10:55 PM

I give up. All I wanted was people to work towards a resolution instead of this chronic complaining. Force in numbers. Guess it's not going to work, so I give up.
Sorry things are the way they are. Sorry it's so difficult to create change. Life sucks sometimes.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 11:33 PM

Perhaps the resolution is to not allow the same developer to do the proposed South Beach development.I live on the south end, and am well aware of the the Reef Village fiasco. If you think the Reef Village is butt ugly, check this one out. S&S I think you are seeing the frustration of many full time residents, residents who do indeed care for the responsible development of the island. You own a condo at Reef Village, I believe, obviously you wish to protect your investment, but you are in fact dead wrong that this has not been an enviromental disaster.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/28/08 11:45 PM

"you are in fact dead wrong that this has not been an environmental disaster."

excerpt from a P E T I T I O N TO THE WORLD HERITAGE COMMITTEE :

INCREASED COASTAL DEVELOPMENT/TOURISM
a. Poor Land Use Practices

In addition to overfishing, aquaculture problems, and climate phenomena, the GEF/World Bank Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System Initiative identified problems in Belize with excessive and/or inappropriate coastal/island developments, inland resource use, land use, industrial development, port management, shipping, and navigation practices. Studies of the reef indicate that “it will be necessary to implement sound management to improve water
quality by controlling coastal developments.”
Removal of mangroves for housing and tourist development projects has resulted in declines in fisheries including lobster, reduced
protection from storms and hurricanes, reduced natural pollution mitigation, sediment runoff, and degradation of coral reef ecosystems and associated endangered species and marine
life.
Other recognized problems in the area include alteration of habitat by hotel and marine construction, erosion of the shoreline by removal of seagrasses, mangroves, and
vegetation, and siltation problems on coral reefs from dredging and sand mining.

Poor land-use practices have amplified the impacts of hurricanes on the reef as well by causing massive amount of sediments to flow into the coastal waters. The added sedimentation increases the stress on corals during extreme ENSO events. Sedimentation
is hazardous to reef-building corals because it interferes with their feeding ability, decreases their access to the light, and may carry pathogens or absorbed chemicals.
[i][/i]

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 12:02 AM

I don't think I disagree that it has been problematic at the least, disastrous at most. Of course I want to protect my investment, but I'd never do so at the expense of the environment. You are all missing my point here. I give up. My hope was to channel this into a productive effort. It's not going to happen, so I give up. Good luck. I do hope the island survives. And, I hope the efforts you all are putting forth in this ends up doing some good.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by sunandsand
You are all missing my point here.

no, i heard you. i posted this info hoping that some folks thinking of purchasing in the future might read this should they google reef village, south beach belize, or any other developments in question, and think BEFORE they lay down pre-construction dollars, funding the continued devastation.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 01:30 AM

Same old, same old . . killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 02:55 AM

The goose is the environment and the reef. When that is destroyed, there is no reason for tourists to come here except to drink and they do that a lot cheaper in Mexico. The only way to keep the tourist industry healthy is by maintaining a strong grip on healthy growth. Devastation of mangroves and lagoons, next to the aguafur (sp?) i.e the fresh water table, is really economically stupid as well as environmentally insane.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 03:12 AM

Marty was able to add a picture to my last post. I couldn't do it. You might want to back up and take a look.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 04:16 AM

As a relative newcomer (7 years) it seems to me the island, and the country, is riding for a fall. So many current policies are unsustainable in the long term. Seashell is absolutely right - the goose is already struggling for life. But it's not too late, so long as serious action is taken now, by the present government.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 04:56 AM

Soooo,,,, About this rope thing
Just kidding
I haven't heard so much nonsense with regards to a speed bump EVER!!!
Oh--Pedro2--maybe you should haul your ass before the shit hits the fan. And take Pedro1 with you. smile

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 05:08 AM

You seem to have strong views about something-or-other....?

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 05:41 AM

26444 views and some interesting debate, I would venture to say that this thread has made some significant impact in it's own way.

There are obviously hard feelings about Reef Village on many fronts. Tourists and locals alike can a have a significant say in fronting Reef Village as an admitted mistake. If everyone can agree on that then maybe the bickering can stop and some action can be taken.

We've seen in the last few years that a strong movement can effect change on the island. If only a percentage of those 26444 views contacted the BTB, the SPBA, the ACCC, the area Rep, the Mayor, the CEO of Tourism and the PM someone would likely take notice. Only then will there be a chance that the mistakes of the past (even those well intended) will not be repeated.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 04:40 PM

Ya'll need to get out of town and see how big this island is, Reef Village and South Beach are not going to destroy the ecological balance of the island. They are not even that big, wait until bigger comes in. This island is over 20 miles long and most of it is wetlands. I see enough room for development's, like Jeff's, regardless of how some folks may think it looks. It's a matter of taste. There is plenty of mangrove left on Ambergris and Belize.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 05:39 PM

Not being a developer, real-estate salesman or time-share salesman, I guess I look at things differently. Let’s see: inadequate roads, too much traffic, too many vehicles, too much crime, too many grocery stores, too many hardware stores (for those who don’t know, the latest proposal is to have a moratorium on those) too much garbage, too much sewage, inadequate water and electrical supply for the current population. Seems like the infrastructure can’t handle the people there now. So lets build more condos and more hotels and sell more time-shares to attract more people to the island?

I guess a moratorium on development until the people living there now can figure out a way to provide and pay for the current needed infrastructure is too radical of an idea.

Development and tourism are great when combined with investment in the infrastructure to support it. Without it, well, I guess you end up with the problems of Ambergris Caye.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 05:51 PM

Just with I think I have Sir Isaac Newton figured out, he goes and says that...

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 10:21 PM

I say raise prices and taxes to slow the influx! Who's with me? Cause we gotta make money somehow, not all of us live on easy street (and have to work, even sell a timeshare or two in our lives).

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 10:39 PM

AGREED!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/29/08 11:47 PM

What about the San Pedranos who are havng a hard time making ends meet? They need to stay to work for you guys. Should they get shipped over from BC daily where they would be able to afford the rents? Or will you take their jobs? San Pedro does not need crappy development. We could do very well with nice, well thought out development. And, then instead of making a lot of money (by Belize standards) fast by destroying the ecosystem, we could all make a bit of money, live a nice life style, help support green development and save the environment for the children of our hosts. OH MY LORD, what a concept!!!!!!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 12:55 AM

I flew over the South Beach ex-mangrove area twice today and saw heavy machinery hard at work. Can't be sure what they were doing, but they were at the edge of the cleared area. I guess that's happening regardless what people think or say.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 01:50 AM

SunSand: Complaining does not equal doing nothing. It is not about someone having to "get off the soap box", as you suggest. A lot of us have taken care of our own back yard by putting in our own sewerage treatment plants, organizing pick up of bottles, cans, plastic etc., and we are surely entitled (and obligated) to question the massive developments that are taking place with little or no respect for the extremely fragile environment here. Reef Village seems to be a such development, and should therefore of course be questioned and discussed by everyone who understands that there is more to this place than profits on land and condos. Other than that: Peace... there is room for everybody's opinions.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 01:40 PM

Weile, I appreciate your insight on this issue. I think you are the first person who has indicated that it is up to everyone to take care of the island. This forum has been mostly finger pointing, with everyone complaining, but little expressed in how they themselves are dealing with the issues. Taking care of our own back yard as well as helping those around us is so important.
I will agree (and have all along) that the environment is fragile, and needs to be protected. I have not seen a huge impact at Reef Village, but again, as I have said, I am not there full time. I do know that the sewerage system is environmentally friendly, and the wildlife on the lagoon seems healthy and full of life. Other than what I see there where the condos and villa are, I can't comment on. I don't think this forum is getting anything positive out there. If we could channel the energy spent here into something that will benefit the island, I'm all for it. I guess I just get tired of hearing how horrible Reef Village is, how destructive Jeff Pierce is, and how the island is being destroyed as a result. ANY construction, whether well planned or "jumped into" will cause a certain amount of negative impact on the environment. Most important is to lessen that, and have adult dialog instead of finger pointing. Working towards a common cause will reap the best results, I think. And, you are right, too....there is room for everybody's opinion.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 03:43 PM

In all fairness, we can not blame Jeff for the destruction of the island. If our own government doesn't care what is being built and where, why should he?
I don't blame Jeff for destroying all the mangroves on the south end of the island. Its the town's job to step up to the plate and put a stop to it. Our elected officials are letting this happen to their home. If Jeff doesn't do it, someone else will.
Jeff IS responsible for the ugly design (SouthBeach) that will stick out like a sore thumb. You can certainly blame him for that. IMHO.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 07:14 PM

JZB... just when I'm starting to agree with your premise you have to finish with the "ugly" insult.

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by JZB
Jeff IS responsible for the ugly design (SouthBeach) that will stick out like a sore thumb. You can certainly blame him for that. IMHO.

You know what they say... Beauty is in the eye of the title-holder.
Posted By: Tim Callanan

Re: Reef Village Development - 04/30/08 08:27 PM

How Funny! Once you lose your sense of humor its time to go.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by tnjojo
JZB... just when I'm starting to agree with your premise you have to finish with the "ugly" insult that we continue to hear over and over. Construction mess aside... what is it about these properties that is so offensive to you.

The 7" rope speed bump by the time share shack?

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 01:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can get some really BIG rope?

How about some dawrf coconut palms?
Posted By: natalie p

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 01:43 PM

Objections about ropes in the road can be addressed to "The Traffic Department" San Pedro Town. I suggest a cc to Mayor Elsa Paz at the Town Board.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 02:52 PM

Sorry tnjojo, wasn't trying to insult you. Just giving my opinion. Of course the developer can do what he wishes, I just don't understand why he would try to re-create Miami in Belize.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 03:10 PM

because AC doesn't have it's quota of neon satisfied yet?

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 03:31 PM

The south beach area yesterday morning
[Linked Image]

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 04:26 PM

I know that... I just need a little thicker skin to hang around here...
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 04:43 PM

What’s that ugly steel looking structure in the bottom left of the photo? I for one am shocked that such a thing could be allowed, and think there should be several pages devoted to opinions about it!

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 06:37 PM

The older one gets, the more the resistance to change.

Posted By: reaper

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 08:12 PM

I just can't wait for the big battle over the airstrip. Once all of those Miami Beach types move in, the constant roar of turboprops over the pool all day will spell doom for air travel!
NIMBY, oh wait! Who cares the airstrip has been there forever!
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 08:43 PM

i found this interesting.

"I don't blame Jeff for destroying all the mangroves on the south end of the island. Its the town's job to step up to the plate and put a stop to it."

you can do what-ever-the-hell you want,, until someone tells you to stop???

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 08:47 PM

Nope, airport expansion for direct flights to San Pero instead of BZE.

Which is not a bad idea actually.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 08:54 PM

Airport expansion, so now airliners will flyover South Beach?????

How can an International Airport be put on Ambergris Caye?

Puleeze....

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barnacle

you can do what-ever-the-hell you want,, until someone tells you to stop???

Just like Maya Beach!

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 09:01 PM

An international airport was/is on the books for the proposed mega resort up north.

San Pedro should at least be an AOE (airport of entry) for private or charter international flights.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 09:28 PM

Where on earth, or rather on Ambergris Caye, can a runway capable of taking airliners be put? Even if there is an area large enough think of the infrastructure that would have to be put in place just to support the runway and taxi/parking areas. Not to mention the buildings, fuel stores, maintenance facilities etc required. And that's before we've considered access. This suggestion is absolutely ludicrous.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 09:50 PM

Who said anything about airliners? Only you and Mr. Pluezeee.

An AOE does not have to accomodate an airliner to be a "international" airport. I landed on Walker's Caye Bahamas which is an AOE and one of the smallest strips I've ever landed on. In fact many of the Bahama out islands have AOEs most of which are smaller than San Pedros strip. Being an airport of enrty simply means you have customs clearance on site. In the case of Walker's Caye, customs constisted of a tiny office with one customs officer. San Pedro has more than enough room for this already.

You acting as if you have a clue about airports is what is ludacrous.

Thomas Blackledge
Magee, MS
601-849-1918
(in case you want to look for me)

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 10:47 PM

YOU cited direct flights coming to SP instead of BZE. A reasonable assumprion you meant the international flights which currently land in BZE, which are mostly airliners.

And yes, in fact I do have a "clue" about airports.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 11:01 PM

Sorry Doc. Your post was reffering to Airliners it seemed.
There are many reasons San Pedro won't be an AOE anytime soon.
What type of plane did you fly to the Bahamas on? A STOL turbo prop probably.
The runway in San Pedro would need to be lengthened about 500-1,000ft to accomodate business turbo props or small jets. A King Air B-90 can just get in. A Dash-8, Gulfstream V or Citation wouldn't stand a chance. Now factor in no fuel or Customs/Immigration office. No hangars or maintenance either. Lots of other reasons of the political variety too.
Rich Grimm(aka Mr. Puleeze)
Doing aviation business in Belize for 5 years.
www.skydivebelize.com (in case you want to look for me)
And P2 knows a little about airports and Belize avaition also.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/01/08 11:56 PM

reaper, what happened to Immigration in San Pedro?

--Lan Sluder

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:12 AM

Its here and doing fine...as is Customs.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:44 AM

I meant set up at the airstrip to welcome pax.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:58 AM

Any plane with clearance will be greeted by Customs/Immigration

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 03:31 AM

Jesse, You cannot fly directly to San Pedro from the US and land on AC to clear Customs/Immigration. We ask every year.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 05:02 AM

When ever anyone refers to an international airport on A.C. they are ususally refering to an upgrade of the existing Basil Jones airstrip. Maybe some of the folks don't know it's there.
It could easily be expanded to handle an Airbus. An anxious pilot could land a C130 there now if he/she had to.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by natalie p
Objections about ropes in the road can be addressed to "The Traffic Department" San Pedro Town. I suggest a cc to Mayor Elsa Paz at the Town Board.

Sorry Natalie,
Ms. Elsa and the Traffic Boys have no legal authority after the bridge.
If they did just think of the amount of calls they would get regarding the "road".
Remember it is just a bunch of ROW's and BEL easments.
No road.The only thing GOB owns is the 60' of beach. The traffic guys are hiding when you see them up here. Waiting for 5:00pm
If one of them gives you a ticket for something tell him he is tresspassing.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 06:59 AM

I haven't seen the Basil Jones airstrip so I can't comment, other than to query your statement. It's not just a question of length, though that in itself is a major concern, but of the ground under the runway. A wide-bodied airliner is massively heavy, and all surfaces it will travel over need very substantial foundations. I'm quite confident they don't exist there now, and that building them, which is certainly theoretically possible, would be an enormous and extremely costly and disruptive exercise.

In any case, there's a tremendous difference between a C130 and an Airbus. And between landing and being able to take off again. A C130 can land and stop in three times its own length - I've seen it many times.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 11:02 AM

i live very near an airbase. when c-130's fly over while coming in for a landing, the glasses shake in the cupboards.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 01:32 PM

We are way off topic now but making San Pedro's strip an airport of entry really isn't a big step. All that would be needed would be gov approval and a small customs office to clear international arrivals. Jesse says customs is already there so gov approval is all that is next.

Reaper, you give me too much financial credit (most folks think doctors make more money than we do). I was flying a Lopresti Piper Lance. But our local strip 17M is only 50 x 3,000 (with tall pines surrounding) and I've seen a Citation land there more than once.

Someone also mentioned the lack of hangers but everywhere I've ever flown I've always seen multi million dollar jets sitting outside. I don't think the lack of a large hanger will prevent the rich from flying directly into San Pedro if given the chance.

One must also consider the fact that some people like me and sounds like reaper also would love to fly their own small private aircraft directly to San Pedro.

Reaper since you "do business" there which involves aviation I vote that you head up this effort.
Posted By: Craigswench

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:00 PM

A friend of mine has a small jet. When we fly into Belize, he only flies into International. He said he could easily land in San Pedro, but doesn't due to lack of security (a hanger would be nice, but not a deciding factor).

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:42 PM

Some private planes do come to San Pedro after clearing in at International.
Jimmy Buffet is one of them.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:47 PM

" A C130 can land and stop in 3 times its length" ? Better tell Lockheed, they sure didnt know that.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:52 PM

Point is to come direct to San Pedro. Your jet-set friend and Jimmy cannot currently come direct. Land at BZE clear customs crank up and fly a jet to San Pedro then back to BZE before heading home makes no sense. But that is exactly what one must do currently.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 02:59 PM

Jesse, does Jimmy hang out at Jerry Jeff's when he comes? Does he come often?

I'd love to meet him.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 03:04 PM

No and no.
Usually hangs at Ramon's

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 03:15 PM

OK, sorry for the diversion folks.

You can go back to griping about building aesthetics and big ropes now.
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 03:50 PM

a friend (who also posts here) flew their small plane down. we were all excited with the offer to buzz around the country site seeing.
then they got a load of the price of fuel and the fact that they were required to first go to bz city and file a flight plan.
the plane never left placencia's airstrip till time to go home.
Posted By: natalie p

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 03:58 PM

A year or so ago, complaints were made to the NW about one home owner placing 11 ropes on the road in front of his residence up 'north'. I went to the Mayor and the Traffic Dept, who told me they did have authority to remove the ropes IF an official letter of complaint was received about them. Verbal complaints were disregarded. No one wanted to be the 'bad guy' and write a letter of complaint against the resident.
I don't know about what's legal or not, I'm just giving my experience of a similar situation.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by immissing
" A C130 can land and stop in 3 times its length" ? Better tell Lockheed, they sure didnt know that.

I do dislike mocking replies, especially when they are wrong. I have seen and been on several Belgian Air Force C130s that did just that at Moorsele Airfield just SW of Brussels some years ago. The runway isn't very long (not sure how long) and these Hercules aircraft would land & stop, board a load of parachutists, then take off on the remaining runway. No backtracking. Many times a day for 10 days.

I have video shot at Moorsele of one of these C130s landing backwards, obviously just the final touchdown. And similar footage of a (de Havilland?) Caribou doing the same thing.

Someone said a Dash 8 couldn't land on the SP airstrip (I think that's right, I haven't checked back). I am confident that a Dash 7 could easily land there (assuming adequate clearance to the sides). They used to fly routinely from Paris non-stop (I believe) to Courcheval in the French Alps, laden with skiers and their baggage, then fly back with a full load of returning visitors. That airstrip, which I have used myself many times, is 203 metres long and has a slope of 30 degrees. The SP strip doesn't slope and the air is much hotter, but it is so massively longer I can't believe a Dash 7 would have any problems.

Think how valuable a service between Cancun and SP would be, once it became known and people realised what opportunities it opened up for them. Adding the legal stuff to allow international arrivals and departures is relatively trivial, and there'd be no routine need to refuel.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 04:46 PM

WOW! What a change!

pedro2, you went from calling my suggestion ludacrous to calling it a "valuable service" all in the same thread.

Thanks

Let's get it done.
Who knows the first step toward gov approval?
What form do we need? Who do we send the form to?

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 04:49 PM

I'll start a new thread on this topic so we can let these nice folks continue to hash out the evils of the big ropes.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 04:52 PM

Come, come, what I denounced as ludicrous was the apparent suggestion that present incoming international airliners could be diverted to a new airfield an AC. I'm not talking about airliners as I've made very clear. To be fair, I'm sure you didn't mean that either. I spent a day in Court a couple of days ago batting points backwards and forwards with very little actual information emerging, but I had hoped we could be a little more sensible on this board! Let's all just get on and learn from interchange of ideas.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/02/08 05:49 PM

A nice article about development on the island from the International Herald Tribune, with quotes from some of our favorite board members:

A slow boom in Belize

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/17/08 01:19 AM

May photos of the village are posted at May Reef Village Photos for anyone interested.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/19/08 02:55 PM

amazing what they have accomplished in a couple of weeks

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/19/08 04:04 PM

as always thanks for the updates...

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/22/08 06:52 PM

only 2 fat braided ropes at the timeshare booth now. oh joy.

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/23/08 04:41 AM

Aw common sweetjane!!!
We are not allowed to speak of ropes.
Didn't you get the memo?

Re: Reef Village Development - 05/23/08 01:44 PM

jest stirrin' the pot, hee hee. someone has to. i drove past it like 30 times last week. i could have said a LOT more...

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/11/08 11:24 PM

Just came back from SP and have to say to all complaining about “speed bumps” in front of Reef Village: get a life! Road is in such terrible shape that golf cart rental agency will not allow driving north past Reef Village. In town, going from Ritchie’s Supermarket north, almost all the way to the bridge, you need to drive on the beach (road is completely un-passable). Trillions of potholes of all sizes and shapes make complaints about two ropes half-buried in sand simply ridiculous. You may hate Jeff Pierce for “destruction of environment”, think that Reef Village is uglier than Shreck or have some other grievances, but leave poor ropes alone and find something better to whine about.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/11/08 11:56 PM

It's not the speed bumps that are the issue it's the reason they're there.
Posted By: tincup

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 12:12 AM

Well lucky you, Sail & Dive, that you only have a rental cart to worry about. By the way, the roads were not all that bad until the recent storms. It costs about $18 to $20,000 for a new golf cart now. Mine is 4 years old and I would like it to last a bit longer, but the addition of these speed bumps will only shorten it's working life. The roads can be bad, yes, but the addition of speed bumps to snag some tourists for a time share sales pitch at the expense of those who need their vehicles for everyday transportation annoys me... a lot. How about the time share people pitch in on my next golf cart suspension service??

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 01:35 AM

Now we’re talking… It’s all about time-share, isn’t it? How dare they try to make a buck! As to life span of cart – when two more bumps are added to zillions of potholes it doesn’t make much difference, at least mathematically. But makes a lot of difference emotionally, I suppose.
Posted By: tincup

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 02:13 AM

No, not just only about time share sales. I don't like the speed bumps that are placed in front of peoples homes either. You know, the potholes they come and they go... those speed bumps are placed there on purpose - for someone's self interest. That's the difference.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 03:50 AM

Nothing wrong with making a buck, using sleazy tactics to ambush people is. There are plenty of timeshare people out their doing their jobs within regulations and not using dirty tricks. Those are the ones who should be rewarded for their work.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 05:45 AM

How is it that someone with a personal agenda and probably a personal financial interest can be recognised a mile off?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 02:17 PM

The answer: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mk...ss&from=im_default&wa=wsignin1.0

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 02:34 PM

Peter, if your cryptic question is in regards to my post. Legit timeshare sales people work out of booths. If you can't figure out they are timeshare sales...

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 02:40 PM

I thought he was talking about Sail&Dive but will let him speak for himself

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 02:44 PM

Ah.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 03:41 PM

Not you Simon

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 04:43 PM

Sitting through that entire video actually made me dummer.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 05:59 PM

Pedro2,
were you referring to my post?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 07:28 PM

Why would you ask that?
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 07:38 PM

Simon-lets see you sell to both Capt. Morgans (who have more OPC'S on golf carts than anyone else) who patrol the whole of central park as if they own it (both sides of the road)-you cannot go down front street without being approached -
you also sell to the other t/s resort Costa Maya -who also have OPCS going round on Golf carts
My advice is to get some balls and go and tell Jeff Pierce what you think of him and his operation-added to the fact explain that you support the other two ts places

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 10:05 PM

This is rather simple "yes or no" question. Just say it...

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 10:34 PM

Actually Peter I don't have any affiliation at all with either of those properties. Don't know where you came up with that one.

I've reported problems I've seen to ACCC after they said they had talked to the operators but nothing has been done. You actually think if I said anything personally to any of the above they would give two sh.ts. I've also been told repeatedly by Chamber of Commerce that Jeff Pierce has nothing to do with the timeshares.

You're part of SPBA, I don't hear anything about you doing anything about the issue and I would assume you have more clout. Let us know if I'm wrong.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/12/08 10:50 PM

Simon you deliver to both Costa maya and Capt Morgans-it seems that you do not seee the myriad of their employees at central park approaching every tourist-this morning they were a minimum of 6 opcs-perhaps you should join the SPBA -remember you are a business

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 01:00 AM

Oh I admit that they are in Central Park but I don't see them straying away from the booths, maybe I'm just missing it. However I don't see them chasing tourists around in golf carts and hanging out in front of grocery stores ambushing tourists.

As far as deliveries go CapM counts for less than 1% and CostM less than 5%. Neither property promotes the service. Your post insinuates that I have a relationship with those properties of which I have none.

As far as joining up I'm still mulling that one over. The cost is high for a small business.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by SimonB
As far as joining up I'm still mulling that one over. The cost is high for a small business.

Not to sidetrack this riveting discussion, but I'm curious... what does it cost for a business to join the SPBA?
Posted By: ubbit

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 12:05 PM

I don't know who Jeff Pierce is and really don't care. I assume he built, developed, etc. Reef Village. The time share people really don't bother me. But to say that Jeff Pierce has nothing to do with time shares is not true. I have two condos at The Cloisters and my deed specifies that I cannot sell time shares. How do you think all those units were sold so quickly at Reef Village. Could they be investors who sell time shares.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 02:26 PM

One whole unit was bought up by a company for the purpose of re-selling as timeshares.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 02:50 PM

My understanding as an owner at Reef Village is that the ones we purchased are not for Time Share. The time shares are separate buildings.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/13/08 03:18 PM

Suecate, you are right. As far as I know, Reef Village sold two separate buildings and one villa to Crown Resorts for time share purposes. Individual unit owners are not participating in time share

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/14/08 12:22 PM

What do the condo association bylaws state? I would think if one could time share, anyone could.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/14/08 06:09 PM

suecate- We own there also- (bldg I) as i understand it, bldg J (and perhaps K) were sold to a timeshare co based in branson MO. (crown somehting) I think the reason most of the individual units sold out so quickly is because they are priced so low. A friend bought one and we met a guy there that bought 6. (probably to rent out and flip)

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/14/08 08:09 PM

K building is not timeshared ( we own unit in K). My understanding is that there will be one more building -not shown on original master plan- for timeshares. Time-share buildings will be equipped with elevator. I thing time-share will be in L and this extra one , probably M, but I could be wrong. I agree that price point was main reason for quick sales - this is why people who paid much, much more somewhere else are so pissed.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 01:16 AM

we have a villa, but my understanding from Jeff and the time share sales people (we also bought time share to travel to other places) is that it is separate buildings managed by the time share company
Posted By: ubbit

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 01:22 AM

Investors buy these condos for time shares. Jeff Pierce could have prevented this by deeds prohibiting time shares. Why are some of you protecting Jeff Pierce?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 12:42 PM

Ubbit, why do you think anyone is protecting Jeff? I think we as property owners are as upset as anyone else that there are time share ppl there. They have stopped me as I am turning in to my condo....WTF??? There is no heart felt bond between me and Jeff. If we are protecting anything, it is our investment. Perhaps these condos aren't the most expensive on the island, but they are ours, and like anyone who has a property on the island, we want our value to maintain. You all don't get it, do you? When you are condeming RV, and JP, you aren't really hurting him, you are attacking the property owners, who have invested our hard earned dollars. What happened prior to our investing is out of our control. Once we plunk down our money, we are in it, regardless of what transpires then. I don't know about you, but I have worked too hard for my money, and I don't see me, or anyone else on this board walking away from $5K, much less $150K+. It is OK to hate Jeff...not my problem. It's OK to rank on what he is doing, again, not my problem. But, when you continue to attack the project, where innocent people have invested, you are hurting us....not Jeff. He's got his money. So, please, give it a rest. Gosh...it's gets so tiring. Not everyone had the luxury of living on the island and seeing what was going on from the gitgo. We walked in to it blindly, and have been bashed ever since. I am waving the white flag.....I surrender. Now, let us go in peace.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 01:03 PM

"We walked into it blindly" Did you read the association bylaws prior to purchasing? And if so, what did they say about time share?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 03:16 PM

Sun & Sand
You have my heartfelt sympathy. I understand that a lot of people bought into Reef Village sight unseen. Their web page looked great. It made it look like the condos were right on the beach. And the price was right!
Now you all are suffering from the same thing we, your neighbors are.
This is kinda like the Iraq war – many of us support our troops and not the politicians who got us into this mess.
I don’t know what we can do to let you owners know that it is not you we are upset with. S&S – thanks for your post. Do you have any suggestions?
We sure don’t want to let Jeff destroy the south end of our island.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bywarren
"We walked into it blindly" Did you read the association bylaws prior to purchasing? And if so, what did they say about time share?

There wasn't anything that I can remember about timeshares. But, it also didn't say anything about the developer creating buildings for timeshares...so, catch 22....It's his property..he can do with it what he wants, and we can't stop the time shares. But, we own our units, and they aren't subject to time share distribution. The buildings being built specifically for time shares aren't any different that other areas who decide it's a way to make fast money. Just think about it....18 units at at least $7,000 week, times 52 weeks....hmmm...not rocket science, is it. I would say it's fast money with very little liability. Free enterprise? Yep. Do we like it? Nope. Can we do anything about it? Nope. So, where do you go from here? Don't have a clue.
And, Harriette, I wish I knew. I am just an owner, living in the US, with no control over what happens. I just have learned to watch...and learn. I got my head chopped of the last time I said anything about it, so I'm not gonna do that again. But, you will notice, I'm not defending so adamantly anymore...

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 03:41 PM

If people hadn't supported the project by purchasing, would he be attempting to build another? Just because they bought "blindly or sight unseen" doesn't make them any less responsible. If they were responsible, maybe they wouldn't have bought blindly and sight unseen. I have a hard time viewing them as victims. If they are victims, it is either because they addmitidly purchased because it was cheap or they did not research the bylaws or intended plan for the development.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 03:50 PM

I see the Sanpedranios as the victim.
They have the pain of its presence and disruption of their lives in their quiet little fishing village.
OMHO

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 03:56 PM

"Quiet little fishing village" confused

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 04:01 PM

I've been accused of living in the past.
It was, and for them its an alien place now.
The development when completed...as in all sold, it will be a huge environmental problem dumped on the people that live here.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 04:04 PM

Now I agree with all that.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 04:14 PM

Well, I apologize if it is dumped, and I'm responsible. I would never do anything to purposely hurt the island. Blindly, in that we were there for only a little while before we bought, and during that time, we heard nothing about the damage it could inflict, nor did we have any reason to think it would. We didn't know that the government could be bought, we didn't know that there was a problem with what was being built, we didn't know you would have a problem with it. The people who lived there, the natives, seemed to be OK with it, and even agreed that it was a good thing to have. So, given that, how would we have known NOT to buy there? You, bywarren, seem to have all of the answers. What say now? If we could go back, things would certainly be different. But, now what?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 04:19 PM

sunand sand - it's certainly a dilemma, but how is it Catch 22?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 05:06 PM

ScubaLady,
To be fair - one had to have serious vision problems to see that RV units are "right on the beach”. "Master plan" as shown by website clearly shows two rows of parcels on the other side of the road, between RV and the sea. And, do you have to inject your politics into an island discussion? I’m sure you can find hundreds of other internet venues to opine, why here?
I am just one of many owners and not necessarily entirely happy with everything going on. But this constant assault… For some people time-share is the best thing since sliced bread, for others is an Armageddon. I am somewhere in the middle, as most people, I suppose. I don’ see how two time-shared buildings out of thirteen will make significant negative impact – unless they’ll use our units, from rental pool, to be used by time-share customers, without us knowing that. You may disagree with time-share salespeople techniques, and that’s fair, but same techniques are used all over the World. Not that I approve, but that’s just a fact.
By the way, I agree that South Beach project is borderline lunacy.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 05:09 PM

sunandsand: Pierce built it with the idea of making money - you bought it as an investment to, I would presume, make money since that is one of the objectives of investing. Now because you are unhappy with your decision, or you are uncomfortable with how others view your decision, you are asking "But now what?" Your decisions are not my problem, other than I don't believe they are positive for the island. You have the right to make your decisions and I have my right to my views of the project.

PS: sail&dive, hopefully we won't have to be listening in a few years to owners complaining about or justifying their purchase of South Beach.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 07:14 PM

Pedro2, it is catch 22 because we will lose either way. If we stay, and you all keep badmouthing it, we will never make our money back out of it, our investment will go flat. If we walk away from it, we will lose our investment. Not Catch 22? it is to me.
bywarren, of course he built it with the idea of making money. Every condo builder and project manager on the island did the same. Do you think they build for the fun of it? You seem to want to slam any and everything about the project. Of course we invested to make money. I'm not asking you to fix my problems. All I'm asking is if you feel the need to continue to condem the project, offer up a solution. Otherwise, you are just churning the muddy waters.. If you aren't part of the solution, you become part of the problem. You are very quick to slam it, but have no offers of correction. So, what gives? Misery loves company?
That being said, my Dad taught me never to argue with an idiot. It makes it hard for others to tell the difference, and for that reason, I'm done here.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 07:21 PM

Some might feel a solution to future problems is pointing out problems of the past.

Oh, and condolences to you Pedro for being called an idiot along with me. Some people sure get sensitive when they make bad decisions.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 07:29 PM

SunAndSand... Can't you see that he's baiting you?

Regarding your investment. I seriously doubt that this message board has a significant impact on the value of your condo. The people who post here do it to vent their frustrations and little more. You don't see them taking any real action. No organized protests when investors are in town... no pickets... no chaining themselves to mangroves. All they can do is vent. Let them have their peace and just let it roll off... You just have to remember that bywarren is a master baiter and leave him to do it alone.

That being said, my Dad taught me never to argue with an idiot. It makes it hard for others to tell the difference, and for that reason, I'm done here.

Speaking for idiots everywhere, I'm sorry you and your father are not on speaking terms.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 07:32 PM

Thanks, deadserious...you rock. Thanks for setting me straight. I will leave it now....at least where they are concerned.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 08:05 PM

Bywarren,
I don’t see RV owners complaining about their investments. We bought chap enough so it will be difficult for us to lose money. It seems that people who don’t own at RV have most problem with our investments. It is understandable – they bought much more expensive units north of the cut end now are terrified by RV as “low income housing project” in their ritzy neighborhood. They were against bridge being built; they don’t want more development in their back yards. What they don’t tell you is that their units, being houses or condos, also were also built in somebody’s back yard. It’s an “osmosis syndrome” – things should work only one way, my way.
And sunandsand, don’t worry. They can badmouth RV all they want – the market will decide who’s right and who’s wrong. As I said, we bought cheap enough, we have great location, so relax…

Disclaimer: all my comments are aimed at gringos, not natives

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 08:22 PM

If we stay ..... we will never make our money back out of it, our investment will go flat. If we walk away from it, we will lose our investment

Welcome to Belize!

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 08:23 PM

I disagree, I don't want development that dredges the lagoon to the point of an environmental disaster. Growth is inevitable but should be responsible. Buyers should also be responsible for assessing the environmental impact of their properties.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 08:34 PM

Pedro: have I just been called a wanker? shocked

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 11:42 PM

bywarren and pedro2, I apologize for implying you were idiots. Not very nice of me. Sorry.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 11:48 PM

Better a wanker than an idiot?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/15/08 11:54 PM

Thank you sunandsand. If I wasn't a wanker maybe we could have a cum by ah moment. smile

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 12:55 AM

bywarren, what you do behind closed doors is your business, if ya know what I mean.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 01:14 AM

smile

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 02:50 AM

Pamkillen,
What disaster? This small section of lagoon went from 2 feet deep to 4 feet deep, more fish than before, birds abundance, where is the big damage?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:08 PM

Sail&Dive
The disaster was the tearing out of a stretch of beautiful mangroves.
To all others:
That is what most of us are objecting to as far as South Beach goes.
There is a law against destroying mangroves and we had to sit and watch it happen and have the law ignored.
I don't think dredging is a healthy thing but that was not my argument.
I wouldn't personally buy a time share but I don't care if other people do.
I loved the pull ferry except when all the bicycles made it impossible for golf carts to get across but the locals had a good time laughing at me when I would go nuts and loose it. Now we have a bridge and trucks are coming across on a regular basis.
There is some kind of ordinance that says large vehicles need to buy a daily permit to travel on the cart path up north - but none of them do and none are fined.
There were enough pot holes in the road to make speeding impossible; large ropes were not necessary and their placement was suspect.
Those of us who bought away from the noise and lights of town have tried to maintain this atmosphere and are slowly loosing what we thought we were getting.
The town has decided that they will put high powered street lights up high on every third light pole here on the north side; this against our protests.
Do you see a pattern here? Can you feel my frustration?
I have not chained myself to a mangrove but I am an active member of the Chamber of Commerce, I write letters and make phone calls to our elected officials and try to keep my side of the street clean and looking good.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:12 PM

Interesting Harriet-when you bought your first appt. off plan from Chris -did you miss the mangroves that were in front of your proposed building

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:22 PM

Now Pedro, behave yourself. People can learn from their mistakes. Probably no need to talk about Long Cay either only to point out why I said mistakes and not mistake.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:37 PM

ScubaLady,
Correct me if I’m wrong, but there is a bunch of construction done north of RV, both condos and houses. Building materials are hauled by barges. Where is your concern about damage to the coral reef done by all this barges?
As to South Beach I’m with you. It is simply too huge for AC. There is a difference between building 100+ units (RV) and 3000 units (SB). I agree that SB will put enormous stress on AC’s infrastructure and by it’s intended style (casinos etc) will change San Pedro’s unique atmosphere.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:41 PM

S&D - I just forgot to mention them! LOL
Heck - I'm not yet perfect.
Hi Warren - so you want to get into a discussion on Long Caye? Tell me what the mistake was there - except that nothing is happening.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 05:48 PM

I don't as we discussed that in great detail a few years back, but I will if you want. It sure has a lot of similarities to exactly what you are against, for good reasons, now.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 06:13 PM

OK, I was lead astray by Pedro. Trying to bet back on a more positive and productive approach, I think it is more important what a person's possition is, for or against something and the validity of their arguments, than what actions they might have taken in the past.

Thats sort of an appology Harriette.
Posted By: cracked up

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 10:48 PM

These developements are post Hurricane Keith, most of these developers weren't here at that time either. I guess nobody told them what happened to areas were the mangrove and seagrass was cleared. Particularly were RV is located.
Of course, our illustrious town planning committees have selective memories also (DFC).
Don't be surprised when the insurance co.s reject claims at RV and other similar developments after another Keith hits.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/16/08 10:52 PM

On the make lemonaid side the next big one could create a little Venice. ;-)

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 05:19 AM

I was told today that JP now has a Stop & Desist order against him, for South Beach. Anyone know anything about this?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 06:33 AM

I think that was already mentioned here before. He has to desist until the EIB has been approved.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 02:24 PM

What I was told apparently only happened yesterday.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 05:14 PM

The disaster was the tearing out of a stretch of beautiful mangroves."

"We sure don’t want to let Jeff destroy the south end of our island."

"Interesting (name removed)-when you bought your first appt. off plan from (name removed) -did you miss the mangroves that were in front of your proposed building?"

"Now (name removed), behave yourself. People can learn from their mistakes."

"I think it is more important what a person's possition is, for or against something and the validity of their arguments, than what actions they might have taken in the past."

Do like I say, not like I have done? Even though I continue to take advantage of my past actions today?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 06:01 PM

Harriette, with crime being a "little" out of control on the north side, why would you be against street lights. I think that would be somewhat of a deterent don't you?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by cracked up
Don't be surprised when the insurance co.s reject claims at RV and other similar developments after another Keith hits.

On what basis?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 09:48 PM

The burglers do not drive up the road - they come by boat - land on the beach and walk up to the house - street lights won't do one bit of good there.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 10:38 PM

Street lamps will make a huge difference in crime and will make it a safer road to travel for the many people that are now living north of the bridge and traveling back and forth to town each evening/night.

I am sure some of the muggers/purse snatchers travel by bike or walk up the road and the beach.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/17/08 11:44 PM

Amanda, I really miss you, you are so logical!!!

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/18/08 02:59 AM

Amanda, you are right on.....I welcome the lights.....have traveled that road at night many a time.....really scary in the pitch black of night.

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/30/08 12:03 AM

Are those lights up yet?

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/30/08 02:27 AM

NO! I wouldn't hold your breath. Most everyone has motion lights around their houses and you would be amazed how much light the moon and stars give when you are not blinded by blazing head lights.
One of our arguements was to have the lights low enough to light the road but not the whole neighborhood. The Town Council said "Too Bad - you get what we give you - big lights up high."
Posted By: azbob

Re: Reef Village Development - 06/30/08 04:38 AM

Sounds like it is time for a "dark sky" ordiance, like we have in Arizona country side. It controls the type of lightning, lumens, shielded fixtures, etc. , But those un-shielded security lights you probably have now are not allowed.

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/08/08 11:24 PM

Any new reports on the Reef Village progress or South Beach?

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 05:16 AM

Hi Tom,

I am following up on some older emails making sure your questions were
answered properly. You main question was our timeline for
construction. We are just finishing up with our environmental
requirements and infrastructure. Construction is scheduled to begin
within the next few weeks. We are looking to have our initial villas
which are already under contract, 1 building of each of our 2 condos,
and the Dunes casino completed within 1 year.

I will attach our latest mailer which I feel may be of interest to
you.

I look forward to being of assistance in the future. Please feel free
to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Kyle Cusmano

[email protected]

office: 011 501 226 4537

cell: 011 501 627 2216

www.southbeachbelize.com

On Jun 12, 10:53 pm, resq_angels <[email protected]> wrote:

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 05:59 AM

This is regardless of any issues of legality?

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 06:09 PM

Thank you Belize-N-Us for posting your name and telephone number.
If more people who post did this I think we would have a more civilized message board.
I called the number, talked to Kyle and was upfront about who I am - "The Bitch who lives across from Reef village."

I asked about public hearings with the EIA. Kyle said the EIA has been down at South Beach, taken the samples and are making a decision. He knew nothing about public hearings??? He promised to look into it and call me back.

As I told him, we can fight with each other and still be civil.

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 07:21 PM

I don't know if identifying yourself as a Bitch really comes across as acting civil.

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
I don't know if identifying yourself as a Bitch really comes across as acting civil.

Amanda, Harriette was just being honest grin Just joking Harriette......I think you're a very nice lady.....even though some others don't.... smile

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/12/08 10:34 PM

Harriette is high on my list of good guys, anyone that offers to chain herself to the mangroves to protect them gets a gold star by their name!........such a powerful mental image,.... Harriette in chains,.. lying in the swamp,.. in front of the bulldozers,....I just can't shake it crazy
Posted By: azbob

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/13/08 03:07 AM

Harriette, I've told you before: you are my hero! You keep on "bitching".

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/13/08 06:08 AM

Amanda
Jeff Pierce is the one who gave me the name. I just wanted Kyle to be clear about who he was talking too. We were both being nice and I certaining did not want to 'trap' him.

Elbert - I hope in your minds eye I am my old young thin self - back when I looked good in hot pants. Oh for the '70's! That's 1970 - not how old I am now. LOL

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/13/08 08:02 PM

Ok in chains and Hot Pants, :-)
Posted By: curtisj

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/14/08 07:44 AM

Hi y'all.... new to the boards but sure found this thread interesting to say the least ! We purchased a lagoon view at RV unit "K" in Jul07 and anxious for the ground breaking. Planning on visiting SP in the near future and welcome any pics or guidance from this group ! Hope to see and make some new friends in the future ! Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you care to share any current info on RV or just want to perhaps get to know one another until we meet in RV in the future !

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/15/08 12:20 AM

OK.... New Topic.... Is forming a Corporation really necessary ? Should this be done well in advance of the closing of the sale ? Should this be done in Belize, or a US corporation ? LLC suggested ?

Just want to make certain I am going in the right direction on this !

Thanks for all replies.
Posted By: RathaBnBelize

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/15/08 12:52 AM

Forming a corporation is advisable. If it is done in advance you don' have to pay stamp duty twice if you put your property in a corporation later. The advice to me was Belize Corporation. ...but please talk to a lawyer.

Re: Reef Village Development - 07/15/08 01:36 AM

Thanks.... thats what I thought, just wanted to verify.

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/20/08 09:45 AM

Here's a great firm to form a corp..

http://www.morimor.com/

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/21/08 02:13 AM

what would the corporation be for? As a single owner or all owners having one in place of RV?
Posted By: ragman

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/21/08 01:01 PM

Lambsblood or anyone, If you know, would you please give us an idea what the advantages/disadvantages might be in forming a corp. I'm not at RV but I've been thinking about this for the last few months on my property which I expect to close on early next year. I'm almost ready to make an appointment with an estate planner up here to see how it would affect me in the States. There is also the question which must be handled locally on adv./disadv. in Belize. Thanks for any info you may have. Just looking for a rough guide.
Posted By: Craigswench

Re: Reef Village Development - 08/21/08 01:31 PM

Ragman, I just sent you a PM.
Posted By: Go South

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/07/08 07:44 PM

Hi

We were thinking about purchasing a condo at Reef Village but would like to know from other owners the monthly charges for electricity with the AC running and without it while we were not there. I heard that electricity was expensive but have yet to receive confirmation about that issue. Also if you know any other concerns, please let us know. The price that RV was asking for a 1 bedroom, 2nd floor, facing the lagoon, was $150, furnished. I feel that the price is OK however, I believe the prices have jumped 15-20% ??

Thanks
Bill

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/07/08 08:45 PM

I don't own at RV but Electricity here is about 24 cents a kw.
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/07/08 09:24 PM

We have friends who AC their downstairs of their house, about 800 sq/ft. when they run the AC their elec bill goes up about 300 per month.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 04:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, but $300 a month for hydro ?? I pay $170/month for a 2400 sq foot home during the hot season in Canada. Do these people live in an icebox ?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 04:31 PM

Hot season......in Canada?

These terms don't belong together.

Utilies cost more there, if you want to be "cool" the A/C will run constantly. Belize is very hot and humid much like summers here in Mississippi.

The ocean breeze certainly helps but those of us who live in hot / humid climates will pay what ever to be "cool" once indoors esp. at bed time.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 04:46 PM

Hydro in Belize is 2.5 times more expensive than Ontario (don't know where you are) not to mention ACs work twice as hard as they do where you live.

I'm sure the $300 dbunk mentioned is BZ$, no?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 04:46 PM

Elec rates in Belize are about twice the costs in US and Canada. Also most housing in Belize is not insulated at all. It is expensive to live here unless you live like a Belizean. Better option is to just AC your bedroom and use as needed.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 06:33 PM

$1,200bz is an average B.E.L. # for 2000 s f home with an electric golf cart. Partially A.C.ed.
That is with being very frugal as in all flourescent bulbs-no fans running when unnocupied etc.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 06:35 PM

That's right around what I pay. But the $1200 includes me running the pool pump, charging 2 golf carts, and running a clothes drier a load or 2 a day. I also run fans when I am not home but only run a/c's in the bedroom at night.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 07:56 PM

Thanks for the help, I guess we are fortunate to pay less than you, for hydro, in Belize, than in S. Ontario. Any other suprises for utilities that I should be aware of ?? water ?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 08:04 PM

Exactly, when we lived in PG on the WASA water system, we averaged about 250 per month in water. At our new house, our village just installed a water system and our bill is about 100 per month so we went back to using our well. High sulphur in our well water but elec for pump is only about 25 per month. We are a family of 5 and we used to let our fans run all day, as I assumed they did not draw much current. Our elec bill was aroung 600 per month. I made everyone start turning them off if not in the room, and our bill dropped about 200 per month, we are around 350 to 400 per month. So all we use is lights, fans, a fridge, small chest freezer, and 2 washing machines. We use a butane dryer and in the rainy season we use about 20 gallons per month, about 140 now. It is not "cheap" to live here, but there are many other benefits which outweigh these to us.
Posted By: marc and jane

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/08/08 11:59 PM

Anyone have any current pictures of progress at Reef Village? If not pictures has anyone got info whether they have started on working on the lots in the 40's. We want to plan another trip down but don't want to bother Jeff P. all the time. Hope to meet some of you next trip down.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 01:45 AM

We are #47 and it looks like only stakes are in. We gave groundbreaking in February and nothing else since.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 03:04 AM

Go South, we have about an 800 sq. ft. condo just across the road from Reef Village. We leave one AC on while we're not there......set the temp at 78 just to keep the moisture down. The monthly electric bill when we are not there runs between $200 & $250 BZ. The cost per kilowatt is .49 cents.....very expensive.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 01:40 PM

Loansum, sounds like you have more than one AC unit in the condo, I have a central AC unit, so its all or nothing. Have you tried shutting the AC off altogether, and if so, what were the repercussions ?
Posted By: marc and jane

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 01:58 PM

Thanks for the info. We are lot 43 so probably in the same situation as you.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 04:54 PM

We've never turned the A/C off while we're not there. We have friends that do that and the musty smell that develops is just not worth it. All concrete construction makes things pretty tight and with no air flow the results can be very "stinky"!

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 05:50 PM

You should be able to run the ac at 82 and keep the must out. Try it at a higher temp and see how that works. If people are not going in and out of the condo I have found this works quite well for condo owners that away. In fact I have a friend that runs her place at 84 when she is away - but I wonder if that isn't too high.

Stinky, musty condos are the result if you turn off the air conditioning.

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 09:08 PM

Even when I give in and turn the AC on in order to sleep I find 80 about right. If I kick it down to 78 I end up pulling up a cover sometime during the night. As Al says, the most important thing is sucking out the moisture. All three of my units have an "economy" mode which helps them kick in and out instead of running constantly.
Yesterday and breeze once again died and I have AC going in the front bedroom and great room. I dread getting my bill.

When you folks are notint costs are you listing it in BZ or US $?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/09/08 09:51 PM

Harriette, I was talking BZ$. Amanda, I think we'll try pushing it up to 82 when we're not there. We just replaced the unit that we keep running when we're not there with a split unit. They are supposed to be more effienct than a windo unit....your thoughts?

Re: Reef Village Development - 09/14/08 05:26 AM

Need to sell my unit..G-302
1/1
Will be furnished by Nov.
Brand new..Caribbean side.
Third floor.
Make an offer.

[email protected]
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board