AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: LuvHotRods Average Guide Rates - 05/23/07 04:46 PM
It has been a couple of years since I have been to Belize. What is the average rate per day for fishing guides now?

Thanx
Posted By: captjeff Re: Average Guide Rates - 05/23/07 10:42 PM
there are guides and there are vey good guides ,the price for a great guide half day starts from $195 to $225 us not much more then a few years ago,gas is sky high . but cheap compared to the states . but please use a great guide better choice and not some non local with a small boat and bad old equpt trying to make a buck ..Get a local guide I use pete graniel .or abel gurerro or dilzion three great guides . very nice boats ,they know the waters and can be booked at fishingsanpedro.com you must book in advance as they are very popular guides who fisherman just love...tight lines to you and good fishing ,,check my monthly fishing trip reports in that section of the board ..enjoy your stay and go live the dream..
Posted By: Short Re: Average Guide Rates - 05/23/07 11:50 PM
Guess I have to go and renegotiate with them... and guess it also doesn't include Sales Tax?
Posted By: LuvHotRods Re: Average Guide Rates - 05/24/07 02:05 PM
Thanks Capt Jeff,

I would never use a non local guide. The last time I was there, it was about $200 per day. I was just checking to see how much they had gone up because with the price of everything (esp. gas) going up, I knew it had to be more and just didn't want to be shell shocked when I found out.

Posted By: captjeff Re: Average Guide Rates - 05/24/07 06:17 PM
luvhotrods ,went up but still a great buy ,if you do a full day starts from $275 us plus your lunch tax inc.and depends on what you want to fish for and how far you want to go,like if you go up north like rocky point may be more..

Short glad you still have a good a sense of humor...
Posted By: Short Re: Average Guide Rates - 05/24/07 07:22 PM
You taught me well my master...
Just living the dream here!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board