AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ruth1 Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 09:39 PM
Can anyone tell me if names of the roads are marked...or do you just look for landmarks?
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 09:50 PM
he he he

Some of them are, recent installations. Mostly landmarks.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 09:55 PM
Very few streets are marked. That includes missing stop sign, no parking signs, speed limit signs etc.

There is a new map system in place in the town core that identifies where you are standing and spotlights most of the the places you would want to visit.

Outside of town it is a true adventure where even we locals can't name many of the streets.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 09:57 PM
New gameshow for the island: Name That Street!
Posted By: Ruth1 Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 10:05 PM
Hey - that could be a fun game...But can we have the names of the street and then guess which one go to which streets.
Ha Ha
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/25/07 10:42 PM
No
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/26/07 02:49 AM
lmao
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/26/07 04:36 AM
I explain to my guests that the streets are name - but who know what the names are? We simply refer to Front, Middle and Back Street. Oh yeah - then there is the beach, Lagoon Street, the road north, etc.

Harriette
Posted By: elbert Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/26/07 02:34 PM
I agree Harriette,
Front middle and back, right foot in the water when you leave and the left foot in will get you back,or in the case of costa maya left foot foot out right foot back.
Ruth you can't get lost thats probably what you want to know. its way obvious. really no need for signs or names or even house #'s, We like it but the post man went postal and made an effort but not needed quite yet.
Posted By: KVarner Re: Are name of the roads marked? - 05/28/07 07:26 AM
On my first trip to the island, I stayed at a friend's house. He was in the States, and he just gave me a key and told me vaguely where the house was. I insisted that he tell me the name of the street, and he did. No one else on the island knew what I was talking about. I rented a golf cart, put my luggage on the cart and drove around until I found the place. I knew my way around the island after like...a day. Very easy to get around. :-)

Have fun!!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board