AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mari in tx Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 01:44 AM
Greetings, all! I'm glad I found your message board. We are planning a trip to AC in August and would like to stay either in town or really close so that we can walk in several times a day if we want to - to eat, shop, etc. Would like a very nice place with some character, beachfront. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
Posted By: belizegial Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 03:21 AM
check out, Sunbreeze, Mayan Princess, Aqua Marina Suites, Blue Tang.

Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 06:36 AM
In addition to the above I would add Paradise Villas
Posted By: Danny2 Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 11:31 AM
Try the Banana Beach. And for fun go to "youtube" and search Ambergies Caye. There are some good vidio's you might enjoy.
Posted By: JeanH Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 12:27 PM
I'd add the Palms and Belizean Reef as possibilities.
Posted By: Tillie Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 03:16 PM
Danny- BB is nice but not near town. You'd have to rent a golf cart if you stay there.
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 04:30 PM
It's Ambergris not Ambergies. Might make a difference in a search. :-)
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 05:01 PM
Brianna's beach house, or Casa Caracol.
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 05:07 PM
If you were going to suggest a kinda funky (in a cool kinda way) place, where would you suggest? We are leaning towards Lily's but are open to suggestions. We can afford the "nicer" places but seem to have more fun in smaller, funky places.

As long as their clean, comfortable and safe.
Posted By: 6string Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 05:19 PM
We stayed at the Seven Seas a few months back... It's fairly close to most things, northern side of "downtown" a bit funky, and very clean. The cleaning person does an excellent job.. the staff is nice and the room was adequate. It's not a 5 star, might not even be a 3 star, but it was perfect for us, we only slept there and occasionally hung out for a short while on the beach. The only really annoying thing were some dogs running around at night or early morning, but otherwise.. it was super! We had a room on ground floor, right on the beach.... number 6 or 7 I think... see how good a time it was, can't remember the room number!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Newbie to board and AC - 05/30/07 05:19 PM
Nancy, I'd also add in Corona Del Mar! Really close to town and also clean and affordable! JMO
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board