AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Best pools

Posted By: tacogirl

Best pools - 06/03/07 04:10 AM

How have you been beating the heat these days?
What are your favorite pools on the island?

I recently enjoyed hanging out at Sun Breeze pool with the Reaper family.

Had fun at Fido's south pool a few times with Carole and Dick.

Oasis has a nice pool too I got to hang out with 1BKeeper and her crew when they were here last feb.
Posted By: kerry

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 06:16 AM

nice pool,and great time hanging out with linda (aka wonderwoman) at coco loco's
Posted By: ericinsc

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 01:10 PM

How is the Zanadu pool ? We will be there in 2 weeks.. it looks great in the pictures.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 01:48 PM

The Belizean Shores pool is fabulous!
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 02:07 PM

The new pool at Turtle Inn in Placencia has the best tile design I've seen in country
Posted By: SeeShell

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 02:37 PM

Victoria House is the BEST pool.
Posted By: DitchDocDiver

Re: Best pools - 06/03/07 03:10 PM

Sueno Del Mar has an outstanding pool! But its not public. . .
Posted By: KathyA

Re: Best pools - 06/04/07 03:53 PM

I loved Zanadu pool! Becky and Bill never showed up to keep me company but I loved it all the same.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Best pools - 06/04/07 04:05 PM

Ot oh... better hope SIN doesn't read this thread. :P

I love Sun Breeze pool & Fido's south! Both very nice and relaxing!
Posted By: KathyA

Re: Best pools - 06/04/07 04:12 PM

SunBreeze pool is fab!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Best pools - 06/04/07 04:12 PM

I like Journey's End pool.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Best pools - 06/04/07 09:58 PM

lotsa good pools already mentioned, but i gotta add Ramons and the azul pool.
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: Best pools - 06/05/07 11:45 AM

Kathy!Becky and Bill didn't know you were coming to the Xanadu Pool. Next time we will make sure to be there. Yes! it's a great Pool.I'm glad you enjoyed it. We certainly do. We'll see you there in November.

Re: Best pools - 06/05/07 06:23 PM

Now we just need to make a pool hopping map ha ha
Posted By: nannersyak

Re: Best pools - 06/06/07 04:45 PM

All these pools sound wonderful. Are they open for non-guest use?
Posted By: Hon

Re: Best pools - 06/06/07 05:39 PM

The pool at Oasis is not open to the public. However last year we were lounging poolside and two young women walked up quietly, slipped into and out of the water just as quietly, picked up their stuff and walked away. It was very unobtrusive and I can't imagine anyone having anything to say about it.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Best pools - 06/06/07 07:18 PM

None of these pools are really open for non guest use. Some will let you pay a small fee to use it. Some will let you use it if you buy drinks or lunch. If you really want to have a great pool to use freely, you should stay at a hotel with a great pool! The original poster lives on the island so may have some "arrangements" with some of these places.

Re: Best pools - 06/07/07 02:05 AM

Yes Barb is right we have gone for drinks at some of these places and been able to use to use the pool in doing so.

I do not have any special arrangements at the moment for pools here just been lucky enough to have some great message boarders invite me to visit them.

(This post was never started to condone pool hoping without permission when I said that it was meant as a joke because it has been so hot here lately. Though since I started this I have heard a few stories.)

Anyone see the movie Lords of DogTown now that was some real pool hopping.
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Best pools - 06/07/07 02:58 AM

Many of us have used the pools at different resorts over the years. It isn't an issue at most places, especially if you are spending money on drinks and food. I can't think of one resort manager or owner that has had a problem with it.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Best pools - 06/07/07 04:38 PM

Ramon's is the only one I know that definitely has a problem with it. They have specifically said even if you eat or drink there you cannot use the pool unless you are staying there. How much it's enforced, I don't know.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Best pools - 06/07/07 04:48 PM

My visiting fiends have been welcomed to the Ramon's pool whenever they stop by....beach and pier too.
Posted By: seaexplore

Re: Best pools - 06/08/07 12:01 AM

We were on AC in April and my hubby and I walked from VH up to town and hopped into pools all along the way. We didn't get told no by anyone (but then again we didn't ask) and bought Belikins at each place. I think it depends on your demeanor too- if you're loud and obnoxious you probably won't be well received- we are mellow and unobtrusive so we might have just slipped by. I wouldn't try to get in the pool at VH unless you're a guest there tho. Have fun- if all else fails you can always walk to the end of Ramon's pier and go in- just don't jump off the end (we got in trouble for that one!) the water is GORGEOUS and there's not much sea grass near the palapa.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Best pools - 06/08/07 04:32 PM

Between Grand Colony and Banyan Bay lies a killer sand bar. No turtle grass, about a foot deep as large as 1/2 a football field. Jump off the pier!
Posted By: KVarner

Re: Best pools - 06/09/07 08:56 PM

The pool at the Yacht club is really nice. I wnt there and bought drinks and swam and it was all pretty awesome.

There is a really large pool by the airstrip that looks absolutley beautiful. I think if you join the healt club associated with the yacht club that you get a membership to that pool too. Really neat pool.

Re: Best pools - 06/10/07 05:55 PM

Sharon's pool is my #1 pick.

Spent hours in it yesterday and had the best time.

Pot luck great people a lovely pool what more could you ask for.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board