AmbergrisCaye.com Home

skeeter spray up north tonight

Posted By: Marty

skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/11/07 10:30 PM

the fogger is coming up north tonight to spray for mosquitos! It will be towed by the Town Board pick-up.
Posted By: elbert

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/11/07 10:38 PM

Ha Ha Its that North thing again My northern Mosquito's are not concerned. They know where they are and the condition of the road to get there.
I'll let you know in the morning if we get a body count
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/11/07 11:01 PM

Mosquitos can survive that far north???
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/11/07 11:05 PM

I thought the snow slowed them down.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/11/07 11:06 PM

The town hasn't been fogging the south end, maybe change is afoot.
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/12/07 05:31 AM

There are relatively few bugs up here now and it is too breezy to spray anyways--get a rain check from the T.B. and we will call them when its bad.
Posted By: elbert

Re: skeeter spray up north tonight - 07/12/07 02:52 PM

Herman Smith first showed me this bird by calling it with a whistling sound like,"Pur-w eeer." or more like "Pur-Pur..Pur-we'eer". It came right to him. We have a mosquito eating bird on Ambergris known as a pauraque. most people never see it because it flys predawn and dusk and looks like a bat when it flys. during the day it sleeps on the ground in the open but uses advanced camouflage techniques . eats thousands of mosquitoes a day and flys though the air with its mouth open funneling them in with specialized whiskers.
They don't need training and work for what it can eat, we just need more of them.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board