AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: weile Closing for slow season? - 08/04/07 04:26 PM
I received a letter from Island Ferry, saying that they will be operating on limited schedule Aug 06 - Nov 15 "due to the large amount of resorts closing this season".
Does anyone know which resorts are closing and when?
Would be nice to know before we send people on long journeys to their restaurants etc.

Thanks
Posted By: elbert Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/04/07 05:30 PM
Great topic Weile.
We should all get on the same page with closings for the season.
I'm closing the month of Oct. however now think Sept. would have been better but too late to change my mind until next season.
I'm a little distressed about the ferry. I'm busy as 'heck' in August.
Posted By: Portofino Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/04/07 07:52 PM
Portofino Restaurant will not close during the slow season. We are OPEN! and have a our own complementary boat transfer service.

As far as I know the 2 hour runs from Island Ferry were the slow season runs - they never resumed their hourly high season runs after they changed ownership. Ditto here Elbert, August is very busy, and has always been!
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/04/07 08:10 PM
Here's what I've heard so far:
Xanadu is closed 1-22 Sept
Mata Chica is closed the whole month of Sept
VH closed 2-25 October
Anyone else?
Posted By: elbert Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/04/07 08:59 PM
I just got an official confirmation that White Sands Resort is closed from Oct. 1st to the 31st as well.
Posted By: weile Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/05/07 12:28 AM
Thanks for the info so far.
Mata Grande Studios (& beach bar) will be open of course, and we are also taking bookings for all our suites and rooms throughout "slow" season.

It seems kind of weird to me that the Island Ferry is using the "large amount of resorts closing this season" as an explanation for less service for 3.5 months!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Closing for slow season? - 08/05/07 07:15 AM
Maybe this thread should be in a public forum.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board