AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Best Pool

Posted By: MMMookie

Best Pool - 09/11/07 02:56 PM

WHat resort in your opinion has the best swimming pool?
Posted By: Dita

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 03:02 PM

Hands down, Ramon's
Posted By: elbert

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 03:09 PM

Ramons for romance yes
but it really would depend on what you want to do in a pool
Laps no! its kidney shape and small.
Over your head deep, only if your a midget.
The The pool at the Health club by the Air Strip is huge and much more like what I would like a pool to be.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 03:10 PM

There are some very nice pools on the island !! But my choice would be victoria house they have two pools .Both pools just gorgeous!!!this is a true resort[you did say resort not hotel] in my opinon is class of the island..There are other places north that are also just wonderful,but no great pool to speak of ?? but have great beaches.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 04:00 PM

I've always liked the looks of the pool at Belizean Shores.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 04:16 PM

If you're looking to stay in town, can't beat the pool at Sunbreeze! It's tops!!
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 06:21 PM

Victoria House has some relatively new pools. Killer infitinty/lap pool with palapas and lounges in the pool! Nice.

http://www.victoria-house.com/
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 06:22 PM

What are you looking for? Romance, kid friendly, cleanest, largest (for excercise)most private?

There are tons of great pools.

Unfortunately the olympic sized pool at Pedro's Inn is down for remodling.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 06:57 PM

...and I thought Pedro's pool would be in great shape after Dean.

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 07:39 PM

Chris your on the money , victoria house rocks there pools are world class.
And Amanda is corect what do you want in a pool ,I know you said resort !!!!! thats why I said VH. ..Again ??? life style, budget type of pool , big pool, small pool.All are factors in the right vacation choice.
Posted By: margarita

Re: Best Pool - 09/11/07 11:25 PM

For me Ramons has a shallow pool, in a busy area and difficult to get a clear view of the Caribbean sea!

Some pools hae a great view of the sea and less people traffic.
http://www.ramons.com/

//ambergriscaye.com/caribeisland/index.html

//ambergriscaye.com/victoriahouse/index.html
//www.ambergriscaye.com/m-m/royalpalmvillas.html

There are also some beautiful pools north of the river
//ambergriscaye.com/belizeanshores/index.html

//www.ambergriscaye.com/maps/index.html
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 04:49 AM

oooh that reminded me that when I was there last year, I spent all day at the Belezian Shores pool and didn't want to leave! hahaha

Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 05:15 AM

If you are not staying at Belizean Shores they frown on your presence there. No matter how much you spend at the pool bar.

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 05:26 AM

No one said anything to us when we were there smile
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 06:30 AM

There isn't a resort on the island that would have asked you and your cousin to leave their pool. It was good PR to have you girls lounging around!
Posted By: Sunny Day

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 03:16 PM

Seascape Villas.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 03:27 PM

Ditto. Check the pics. http://seascapebelize.com/
Posted By: Snafunblu

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 03:28 PM

All choices on pools have great.. Bz shores and Vic house. but the one that will blow your minds away will be the one at Coco Beach.
UnReal, Won't be anything like it on the island. But it is not built yet.. but has been started..
Posted By: elbert

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 03:43 PM

Remember the 'Swimmer' staring Bert Lancaster, a story of a troubled mans journey' naked except for a tight swim suit. He starts the odyssey Swimming from pool to pool across the rural Elysian yards of upstate New York and the perpetually stoned society of party animals who own them.
Ambergris Caye isn't there yet but I'm sure in a very few years you can swim your way North to South on the island with out getting in the sea. We could make it an annual event.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pam&Dave
There isn't a resort on the island that would have asked you and your cousin to leave their pool. It was good PR to have you girls lounging around!

BYC has told people to leave their pool.

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pam&Dave

LMAO !!!! oh goodness you are too kind lol

I'm buying my cousin a surprise plane ticket to Belize because otherwise she probably won't come, and it just wouldn't be the same without her!!

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 04:20 PM

We still need to hear from mm mookie about the pool they are looking for?????and the resort to match it??

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 05:08 PM

Captain Morgans had a beautiful pool as well !!
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 05:19 PM

I have always wondered about the pool allure at an oceanside destination. Yeah, nice for a quick dip to cool off, but what is the draw to sit in a chair (like you have at home on your deck)and read a book (which you brought from home). If you have kids I can see it as necessary, but as adults shouldn't you be spending your vacation out and about, seeing and doing? Just wondering about the other half. smile
Posted By: MMMookie

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 06:00 PM

Thanks for all of your input. I stayed at Caribe Island resort a couple of years ago and was looking at staying somewhere else this year. CIR has a really nice pool but I was looking to stay a little closer to town. I am looking for a really neat place to hang out during the day to throw back some beers and a few panty rippers.

Does anyone have any information on caribe Island resort? The last time I was there the management group and the condo owners were having some problems.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 06:23 PM

I can only do so much "out and about." Part of the allure of a vacation for me is sitting around in the sun with the sea breeze (which I don't have at home on my deck) and reading a book (which I rarely have time to do at home) and just generally soaking up the atmosphere. For me that downtime gets divided between a chair on the beach and a float in one of the great pools at Banana Beach, where the water is nice and cool and the rum punch is plentiful and the best on the island.
~from the other half! wink
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 06:33 PM

Ah-Ha, so that is it. smile Just wondering. Personally, I would rather stroll the beach than sit by the pool.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best Pool - 09/12/07 06:38 PM

A lot depends what you want from a pool. Somewhere where you can really swim for your morning constitutional may not be suitable for the kids to play while mum watches, or for lazing and chatting and generally passing the day with a drink on a little floating tray, etc. There are pools with superb views which can get very windswept, or secluded private pools with no view whatsoever.

There is no answer to this question.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board