AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Costa Maya Reef Resort

Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/11/07 08:27 PM

Looks like good things are soon to happen in the Mexico Rocks area.

SIN
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/11/07 09:46 PM

Could you be anymore cryptic?

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/11/07 09:52 PM

No I role with the Bloods homey.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/11/07 09:54 PM

role? as in playing a part? :p
Posted By: bec

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 10:50 PM

ok, maybe it's me but what are your talking about??????
We have confirmed reservations for February. is what you are saying good or bad????

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:05 PM

The owner has some really nice plans for his resort. He owns 14 other resorts around the world. It's about time something happened in this awesome area of the island.

SIN
Posted By: elbert

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:17 PM

OK you got me curious
Is the empty lot next to me is going to be a Disney world?
Posted By: CaroleD

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton
The owner has some really nice plans for his resort. He owns 14 other resorts around the world. It's about time something happened in this awesome area of the island.

SIN

I hope it's not the plans we saw for a mega resort complex. I liked the small size of CMRR.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:23 PM

Sin, Your a tease put up or shut up
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:29 PM

Hmm, just found out today that a golf course architect is coming down to San Pedro next week.
Posted By: weile

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/13/07 11:30 PM

Well said Elbert!
Probably one of the most non-informative posts on this particular "about A.C." forum for a long time. Must be some good weed on the island these days...

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 12:19 AM

No golf, that's going in around the Caribbean Coves area. Excellent!

CMRR will be kept small, but offer some cool new features. In addition they want to enhance the Ambergirs experience using the natural assets currently in place.

Be positive boys, you'll live longer!

Just a little more non-information for you.

SIN
Posted By: beachboy

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 02:38 AM

There are some lovely plans for CMRR and they do not include a mega resort.

The new beach bar should be in place within a few weeks and the food is undergoing a transformation as are the service standards.

You will still be able to get a cold Belikin for $6.60 bze, which makes it one of the keenest in price on North Island.

Two for one during happy hour 4 to 6pm daily.

The 'Latino Boys' are playing during the day on the 21st at the Beach BBQ. Free transport is being laid on and a free rum punch token in this weeks San Pedro Sun.

SIN I think it is 13 other resorts but maybe I am wrong What would I know anyway!
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 03:01 AM

I'm sure there is a good explanation but why is Costa Maya not listed in the lodging section of this board? Do only places that buy advertising here get listed? That would make sense I guess.

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 05:42 PM

Sure would be nice to get a gourmet pizza up on that end Beachboy.

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 05:43 PM

http://www.fairmontcanada.com/
Posted By: Short

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 09:12 PM

Isn't Costa Maya Time share ony?

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 10:18 PM

Pretty much. Some more ownership opportunities may be available soon. It was a private club, I'm not sure if you can rent rooms.

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/14/07 10:44 PM

Short and SIN,

CMRR does rent rooms but during high season there are only limited spaces. There are some keen offers around at the moment.
Posted By: Aviator

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/15/07 12:26 AM

Where is Carribean Coves?
Posted By: TrueLover

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/15/07 12:58 AM

OK, you people are crazy making. What rumors? Where's the golf course going to be Simon? Definitely not a Disney World on the old Kitties lot Elbert. So Sin must mean CMRR?

By the by, I heard numbers of 30,000 a mile to build (dirt, some rock, with drainage pipes where needed) roads including Telephone poles and lines. This was a few years ago so I imagine like everything else, the price has gone up. The Islands only 28 miles long. Main extensions are about twice that. Why is there no power north yet? Am I missing some huge strategy in play? Three years ago if I had the money, (ha ha), I could have bought all of Palm Bay for 1.3 mil incfluding the mortgages. Somebody with 10 mil could have picked it up, put in the roads and power, Placed a marina, a backside barge landing, a gas station, a general store, and a security company with cameras and patrols and badda bing! Gotten their investment back and reaped the increases in values anywhere close by.

I don't know anything either.

Re: Costa Maya Reef Resort - 09/15/07 02:11 AM

I hear a rumour of a underwater golf course which was created by Dean and Felix, the bunkers and fairways having been formed in such a way to make it a natural national park.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board