AmbergrisCaye.com Home

SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT.

Posted By: ScubaLdy

SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. - 10/28/07 06:11 PM

Those of us on the north are keeping our fingers crossed that the new management at Sweet Basils will again give us a restaurant that we can look forward to taking our first night guests to. I met the family that now owns it and they seem like reasonable and dedicated people who are open to input. One of our local curmudgeons swears it will never again be successful and I say Ė letís prove him wrong!
I will post when they plan to open.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. - 10/28/07 06:22 PM

Thanks Scubaldy, Looking forward to trying it again.
Posted By: suecate

Re: SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. - 10/29/07 03:13 AM

we ate there thursday for lunch not much inventory but the food was good. Service very slow and we were the only ones in the place. Asked for hamburgers and were told ok but they have to be made with fish. Had the BLT
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. - 10/29/07 05:14 AM

Sue - you were there with the old management. New management not on board yet. I asked why they even kept it open and was told it was a security thing. I understood.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: SWEET BASILS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. - 10/29/07 03:23 PM

Wish them luck .there are lots of obstacles to overcome in running a restaurant here ,lots ..But if they have a solid plan ,a creative menu ,with good food and have the money$$$$$$ to keep it going!!!! they got a shot ??? They need build a following of locals and then the tourists .But the first is to bring money ,as under capitalize , food places here are never successful .Hope they get to live the dream..
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board