AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rbb400 Vacation help - 12/03/07 06:26 PM
My wife and I are thinking of trying a first time visit to belize mid January 2008.

We are thinking of 2-3 nites in belize to see the interior, any suggestions on places to stay and things to do?

Then go on to ambergris caye for 10-12 days and are considering Blue reef resort which is about 8 miles from town or a house rental on the beach about 6 miles from town.

What do you think, any suggestions or experience on the places or locations and accesability?

Thanks for any help or advise!
rbb400
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Vacation help - 12/04/07 05:07 AM
Have you looked at any resorts near Blue Reef or closer to town? Do you prefer to be near or far from town? If you are looking to be farther away from town perhaps this one would be a good choice for you. The beach house certainly sounds wonderful if you can find one for your time frame still. If you are looking to be north of town but a close ride into town you might look into Capricorn, White Sands, Portofino, and a few others that would be closer to town. Those three are beautiful, excellent staff, and more reasonably priced.
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: Vacation help - 12/04/07 07:06 PM
For the mainland, we went to Mopan River Resort in Benque de Viejo. It was very nice there. Daily excursions to Mayan ruins, cave tubing, zoo, etc. A highlight there for me was when Sheila the toucan flew in from the jungle each morning and evening to be fed fresh papaya. If you're lucky, she may perch on your arm for a couple of minutes to get the treats.

Mopan closes part of the year (I don't remember which months) but you can check their website.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Vacation help - 12/04/07 08:43 PM
Take a look at these offerings......very close to town but very private: http://www.landingstrescocos.com/
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board