AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Vacation advice please! AC in April

Posted By: RachelAnne

Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 05:43 AM

Hello,

I'm traveling to San Ignacio then San Pedro at the beginning of April. I have a few questions for anyone who would like to chime in.
My biggest question still surrounds where to stay on AC. We're on a definite budget and hoping for less then $80 a night. I know, I know. But I want to have enough left over to do basically whatever I want so i'm willing to sacrifice a little to do that. However, is it stupid of me to sacrifice air conditioning? We found a room at Ruby's for only $40 a night but it only has a fan. I'm wondering if i'll be miserable? Also, I'd love advice on what to do once on the island. We're really excited to kayak, snorkel and visit outer cayes. It would be wonderful to find a hotel that had those things available to us - I would be ok spending more to stay somewhere that had all the equipment for a decent price. Also, I'd love to hear about the best tours. I hate the super touristy stuff and want to visit the smaller cayes and see more wildlife and less people. Any ideas? I'm not opposed to staying a few nights on another island as well. AC just seems to be the easiest to make it to.
Thanks for all ideas and suggestions!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 12:49 PM

Check out the Casa Blanca Suites at Hotel del Rio.

Also, look into AC suites at Spindrift and Holiday Hotel. Spindrift is very close to your budget and Holiday Hotel just above.

Hotel del Rio Casa Blanca Suites are probably your best best. Good luck with that.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 01:59 PM

Made sceond reservation for Ruby's in February. I love it, but you get what you pay for. You are very very close to several shops that will book a variety of excursions for you with all the equipment. I love the location more than anything. As for A/C -- that's a call you will have to make. February is fine with the sea breeze and the fan. April?

Posted By: BFaucett

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 02:21 PM

I stayed at Ruby's this past April for 2 weeks and really enjoyed it. It was hot but the breeze off the water made the need for A/C non existent. I will do it again anytime.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 07:04 PM

I have reservations for Ruby's in March. The upgraded room(from the $40) with ac, fan and private porch is only $60.

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 07:22 PM

Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I found out that the upgraded room with AC is not available so I'm going to try the suggestions everyone gave me. Otherwise, I'll just turn the fan on and appreciate the $40 a night!
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 07:25 PM

I too stayed at Ruby's in Feb. (Waving to Mr. and Mrs. Otter!!)
I had a room with a fan and it was fine. BUT I will give you one SMALL piece of advice.... get a room on the second or 3rd floor. I had the room right behind the bakery there. They started cooking around 4:00 a.m. banging pots and pans don't do well for sleeping or banging headaches! But for the price, you can't beat Ruby's... JMHO...
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 07:27 PM

And try for a room on the beach side. The street side rooms get very hot mid afternoon/evening.
Posted By: Stephania*21

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/11/07 11:49 PM

Rachel,

If you want an unbeatable all day tour of fishing, snorkling, beach bbq for lunch and more, I can arrange something for you. I have friends on the island that will personalize a private tour for you, for a VERY reasonable price. PM me for details.

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 12/14/07 07:08 AM

It looks like we're going with the cabana chico at the Hotel Del Rio. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Posted By: FISH ON

Re: Vacation advice please! AC in April - 01/28/08 01:59 AM

Wewill be there the first week in april as well hope to meet many new friends there!!

Pat and Karen
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board