AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: luv2golf Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/03/08 05:29 PM
OK message boarders.......help me out here. A group of us will be returning to San Pedro in February. We would like to hire a catamaran for a day. Not for anything specific, we just want to cruise the sea, maybe snorkel, play in the water, mostly drink and have fun. We've done something like this every year, but never on a catamaran. We don't know what the cost may be, but we'll look at that when the time comes So.....any suggestions?
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/03/08 05:55 PM
You can check with Rebecca at Seaduced http://www.seaducedbybelize.com/

we did sunset cruise with them on cat and had a great time. I know RIbeth and Sharon just did one new years eve as well.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/03/08 06:33 PM
Rick also does day charters and catered cruises:

http://www.belizecharters.com/

Posted By: Phil Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/03/08 07:06 PM
El Gato. Probably the best value day trip on the Caye at just US$50 per person to Caye Caulker with Snorkel stops at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley and includes Rum Punch and beers. Charters also available call 602 8552. Not as fancy as the boats mentioned above but full of charactor and fun with Geraldo and his crew.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/03/08 07:14 PM
Tradewinds @ Belize Yacht Club and TMM @ The Palms also do day charters. Lots of choice. With Seaduced you'll buy places on the boat which will be much cheaper than chartering the whole boat for yourselves. Less privacy of course.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 01:42 AM
I forgot about tradewinds we went on a day trip with them to coral gardens and it was great.
Posted By: govikes Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 01:44 PM
luv2golf, Katkandu is a luxury 42' catamaran (Capt. Rick) does daysails. You can do the snorkel, lunch at Caye Caulker; or snorkel and have a great lunch on board. You can pm me for particulars or visit the website: www.belizecharters.com
Minimum 6 people, but these are mostly private charters, so your party would have the boat to themselves which means you get to set the schedule as to how long you want to snorkel.
Posted By: J DOG Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 03:15 PM
I was also with El Gato, there were 6 of us & it was the high lite of our trip & one of the best meals we had.
Geraldo would catch some fish while we sailed to Mexico Rocks, then jump in & get some lobster & conch & have it all ready after the 2nd snorkel stop.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 03:34 PM
I second JDog. We've been out with Geraldo and Fido on El Gato twice and had a ball. Great people and a fun (though smaller) cat!!

//ambergriscaye.com/elgato/
Posted By: luv2golf Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 06:28 PM
Thanks to all of you for the great info. I'll be checking out all your leads before we get there. I love the "board" with all the fun and information out there. Thanks again !
Posted By: Mikeywaz Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 07:41 PM
I'm assuming all this could/should be arranged while in town and not necessarily in advance? We'll be there Feb. 5-13 and I'm hoping that hearing from the locals we meet (as well as the info from this board) will help us decided what to do. I don't want to be too scheduled, but I want to make sure we don't miss out on what we want to do!
Posted By: DANZA Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 08:42 PM
Let me know if you need help filling that boat up. We'll be there until 2-13 as well. PM me when you get in and we can meet up for a drink at Corona Del Mar or Canuuks and discuss it.
Posted By: Mikeywaz Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/04/08 09:51 PM
Definitely!
Posted By: govikes Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/05/08 06:55 PM
mikeyway, you can schedule your daysail and pretty much every other excursion once you get down here. The only thing that seems to book up in advance is some of the very talented fishing guides on the island (especially if Capt. Jeff is down! LOL)
Posted By: Mikeywaz Re: Hiring a Catamaran for a day - 01/05/08 08:28 PM
Thanks, govikes. We're looking at snorkeling/Caye Caulker and maybe a trip to Lamanai or Altun Ha. Otherwise, planning to stick around San Pedro.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board