AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth time...

Posted By: travelqueen

Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth time... - 01/08/08 06:23 PM

Ok, tell me what you think... I am sad sickly like... I love Sunbreeze and want my family to stay there when we come in Feb. but with a cancellation policy like this one, "If cancelling 60-31 days prior to arrival, the reservation is non-refundable." no-can-do. Travelqueen is never sure of anything much less travel plans. frown

I can't rely on booking it a week before due to high season...

Anyone suggest a nice place with a pool very close to town that is in the $115 US range? It needs to have at least 2 beds. Kitchen not necessary. Thank thee!!! xo
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 06:32 PM

I highly suggest Caribbean Villas if you are looking to stay closer to town. They are such a great location, you can walk to town, cute rooms. The two person room has a pull out sofa in the living area.

http://caribbeanvillashotel.com

For $150 I think Coral Bay Villas are cute, big and a great deal too.

http://www.coralbaybelize.com/
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 07:05 PM

does CBV have a pool? they didn't used to...

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 07:33 PM

Nope, it sure doesn't. But figured I'd list it to stay near the price range and perhaps they could go have drinks or snacks at another pool and pool hop wink
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 08:25 PM

Steve & Becky's (part of Ramon's) $145/nt, Blue Tang Inn starts at $150/nt. Those are about the cheapest with pool close to town. All will have similar cancellation policies though. Travel Insurance?

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 08:32 PM

ah! Good one, steve and becky's is cute! Great location to town!

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 08:55 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions. What I'll probably do is try to book within a couple of weeks of our arrival and take my chances. With these suggestions, and THANK YOU for them, I feel confident we'll find something.

Thx!

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:02 PM

Steve & Becky's is usually available unless they get a group in. It's the last rooms at Ramon's to get booked. Nice private spot and full use of Ramon's facilities. BTI sells out fairly fast.

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:05 PM

Thx Barb. I just can't commit this far out. I will check them though when the time comes closer.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:07 PM

fear of commitment, eh?? Thought that was a guy thing . . .

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:08 PM

I knew I'd get that comment here sooner or later! :P

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:29 PM

Tides Beach Hotel also has a pool and is fairly close to town. $125/nt.

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/08/08 09:56 PM

Ah I love the Tides! Excellent!
Posted By: suecate

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 01:43 PM

Tides was doing some great renovations when we where there. 2 new buildings and new furniture in the older building. We love sabrina and her family.

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 01:59 PM

does anyone ever stay at seven seas? we liked the beautiful beach road by tanisha tours, but don't know where to stay in that part. tides looks near that on the map, but hard to tell. is it? thx.
Posted By: 6string

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 04:07 PM

Seven Seas is super... at least the beachside rooms. We were in room 7, right on the beach, and it was really nice. The pool is small, but quite private and a nice place for a morning dip. We would go back in a heartbeat, except we were never at the room, always out so paying the $130/nt and only sleeping 6 hours doesn't seem like a good deal... We're trying Rubys this year.. less room, more rum!

Posted By: captjeff

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 04:29 PM

Travel Queen call or pm me .Have a thought!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 04:29 PM

Yes, ok Capt! :P

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by sweetjane
does anyone ever stay at seven seas? we liked the beautiful beach road by tanisha tours, but don't know where to stay in that part. tides looks near that on the map, but hard to tell. is it? thx.

we do spend a little time in the room - out early, back for nap - out again. a view is a must! small pool fine - it is just to cool off. i go low season, and $100/nite ('net rates) is a-ok with me! thanks, 6 string.

again - i can't picture - how far is tides from that (is tides on that little road too?), and how do the 2 compare?

tq - let me know what you ended up doing when you get back.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/09/08 11:16 PM

TQ - you still need help with the mainland thing we talked about a few weeks ago?

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/10/08 04:37 PM

Seven Seas & Tides are "in the same neighborhood." So are Briannas Beach House & Casa Caracol. Walking further toward the cut you would come to Tanisha Tours new place & Hotel del Rio. All between the High School and the cut. I have found Seven Seas interiors to be very dark when I toured the place, But maybe they have painted or done something with that by now.

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/10/08 05:24 PM

klc, no... don't think we will make it to the mainland this trip. frown Not sure that we'll have the time. Thanks though! I will make it there eventually!!!

These places, in the $115ish price range, are great to know about. Thanks for all your help!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Suggests on where to stay for the umteenth tim - 01/10/08 05:32 PM

Changes in Latitudes ........?
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board