AmbergrisCaye.com Home

international home search

Posted By: seaexplore

international home search - 01/21/08 04:52 PM

Good morning all!- Channel surfing a few min ago I noticed that HGTV has their international home search on today. At 8:30 pacific time (we have east coast so, 11:30 eastern) they're having an episode about a couple searching for a home on Ambergris Caye. I know it's short notice but for anyone up and reading.....
Posted By: Chloe

Re: international home search - 01/21/08 05:34 PM

WOW cool...I'm watching.
Posted By: daveindestin

Re: international home search - 01/21/08 06:01 PM

thanks for the heads up, I really enjoyed it. Brought back lots of memories, time to start planning another trip.
Posted By: Danny2

Re: international home search - 01/21/08 06:54 PM

Hey, that was a good tip. We caught the last half and made us start to do some serious dreaming. Thanks seaexpore.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: international home search - 01/21/08 07:43 PM

my tiVo picked it up off my wishlist, and i just finished watching. just before it, there was another show where a woman from Charleston bought a beach house in Corozal.

the couple in this one had a mere $650K budget. with only spending a piddly $499K on the house, they had money leftover for the complete overhaul of the place and the new appliances and jacuzzi. hmmmm. just like my budget LOL!

it was very nice to see diane campbell in action, and to put a face to the name. go, diane...you look fantastic (and professional) on TV!! AC looked pretty darn good too.
Posted By: lakegirl

Re: international home search - 01/22/08 12:56 AM

Oh crap I missed it (gotta work sometimes!!!)

Re: international home search - 01/22/08 02:46 AM

i missed it too- i was shopping online.....grrrr.... esp. after I posted about it! DANG!

wish I had a $650K budget! WOW! The things I could do with that!!!!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K

Re: international home search - 01/22/08 03:02 AM

ah! I am so sorry I missed it. This must have been the show my sister was talking about and not the house hunters!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: international home search - 01/22/08 03:07 AM

TiVo, girls, TiVo!! never miss a show again...and no more pesky commercials!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: international home search - 01/22/08 11:00 PM

Hi All- Presently there are a total of three House-Hunter's International episodes on Belize --- one was the lady who bought in Corozal, the second was the one I participated in on AC, and a third (which I have not yet seen) should feature the folks from Caye Winds. The crew from HGTV is a lot of fun, and they love Belize - hopefully these features will bring more attention to the opportunities here. (Thanks for the compliments Sweetjane)
If you are a serious HGTV junkie there is a website where you can access the schedule for particular episodes of House Hunters Int'l and when they will air --- they tend to show the same episode several times in the same week at different time slots - and they do rotate them back into the schedule on a fairly routine basis.

Re: international home search - 01/23/08 04:25 AM

Hi Diane- I was wondering if the "person" from the show was on this board- glad to hear it was a good experience for ya. How'd you get picked? Such a cool thing!
Posted By: suecate

Re: international home search - 01/23/08 04:13 PM

they don't list when they are on again. Hopefully soon I missed it.
Posted By: Canukboi

Re: international home search - 01/23/08 06:13 PM

The new house hunters International with Caye Winds will be airing in March, we just found out. Very exciting.

Re: international home search - 01/24/08 05:01 AM

be sure to post when it's on for us- i don't want to miss it (again)!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board