AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Arriving on Sunday!

Posted By: timeoff2fish

Arriving on Sunday! - 01/30/08 04:50 PM

We're arriving on Sunday and staying at the Xanadu - any recommendations on a shorkeling guide - 1/2 day trip? I've looked at the weather and it looks like they are forecasting a 30-40% chance of rain each day. I am hoping it's just scattered showers. I know we will have a great time rain or shine. 4 more sleeps!
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 01/30/08 04:53 PM

I've never needed a guide for "shorkeling" - just take your book and your Belikin and have a great time! laugh

But, if you want to go in the water, look up Tulu - he's a great guide and does a mean beach bbq!
Posted By: islabonita

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 01/30/08 07:17 PM

timeoff.. take a look at my trip report of Xanadu and Lil Alphonse.He is the best! The office at the hotel will book the trip for you.
We had partly cloudy and misty rain on one day and the sea was clear as could be.. just go and take a windbreaker!

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 01/31/08 03:49 PM

Thanks islabonita! We'll schedule a trip with Lil Alphonse. I'll be sure to bring the windbreaker!
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 01/31/08 04:32 PM

Both Tulu and Lil Alphonse are the 2 I hear most recommended for snorkeling.
Posted By: Renee-md

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 01/31/08 09:34 PM

Hey Laurie, how do we reach either of them?
Posted By: jessie_30

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 02/01/08 01:31 AM

Hello Timeoff! I will be at Xanadu during the same time! Actually, I'm getting married there on next Saturday, and a lot of the resort is made up of our guests. I'm very nervous about the forecast as well. I hope it doesn't rain the whole time! We'll see you there!

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 02/01/08 02:23 PM

Hi Jessie, Congratulations!! Hopefully, the forecast will improve - you'll have a wonderful time, showers or sunshine! :-). It sounds like you'll have lots for family and friends with you and that's all that counts. We'll see you there and buy you a drink to celebrate!!
Posted By: islabonita

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 02/02/08 11:03 PM

Seems all the local resorts know him ( Lil Alphonse) and can schedule the tour for you. He has a website but I never got an answer from him.
When we were there it rained for a coupole of hours/evening and then it usually clears up for another couple of hours

Good luck and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Posted By: kris48

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 02/03/08 01:11 AM

Tulu is the blue boat at pier where the island taxi is. Look for him , or ask. He's very good.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Arriving on Sunday! - 02/03/08 01:39 AM

Tulu is 600-4582
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board