AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Fishing - Mar De Tumbo

Posted By: ibbrian

Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 02:26 AM

Will be there in a couple of weeks. Was wondering if there was any good fishing at Mar De Tumbo and on the very south end of the island.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 02:43 AM

Never seen anyone fishing at Mar De Tumbo but the fishing at the very south end is in a deep water channel and if you hit it at the right time it can be great. What the right time is you'll have to find a local guide to tell you (I'm still trying to figure it out.)
Posted By: klcman

Re: Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 03:23 AM

Only line wetting I ever saw at MDT was by some unsuccessful 12-14 yr olds off the "old" Banyan Bay dock and that has been quite sometime ago. (That new one is a behemoth, btw!)

Re: Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 04:31 AM

Thanks for the info. You'll see me out there in both places.
Saw the cut at the south end on the satellite pix here - looked promising.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 03:56 PM

My condo is right near that ,nice beach locals love it ,lots of wave action,can cause murky water ,and very shallow sand bar. high tide you can wet aline and catch cuda on a calm day with sardines or shinny lures ..better spots south on some of the docks but ask first if ok to fish and clean up after you are done.if you walk south along the beach on calm days you will see fish cuda ,bonefish ,snapper ,jacks !!!

Re: Fishing - Mar De Tumbo - 01/31/08 04:03 PM

captjeff - thanks. I'll be at Banana Beach. Will be mostly fly fishing. Cuda on a fly rod is fun. This will be my first try at bonefish. Be looking for snapper for dinner.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board