AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Who do we give these to?

Posted By: LaGrange48

Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 01:22 AM

Hi All, my wife and I will be in San Pedro in a few weeks. Today we went and picked up a whole bunch of pencils, pens, erasers, toothbrush`s, pencil sharpeners, coloring pencils and would like to know who we should give these to..is there anything else we could add in the package? Thanx..LaGrange
Posted By: gailtor

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 01:53 AM

LaGrange
Thanks for doing this. It certainly helps.
As to who to give them to, there are several needy groups. Holy Cross School being at the top of the list in my opinion. Check out their blog at http://www.holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/
Also, the library or the public school (near the library) are two others who would appreciate your donations. Do a search under Library or elementary school. Belizegial who posts on here, and who lives on the mainland also appreciates donations.
No shortage of who to donate to.
Gail
Posted By: clone3309

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:13 AM

We just got back from AC. We had some friends who went to the Catholic school while we were there and they asked them if they needed any supplies? They said they had a printer but no cartridge. Our friends went to the stationary school in SP and actually found a cartridge!!

The school also said, I know this is an odd request, that they need those small plastic eggs that can be taken apart in the middle. I guess they fill them with...whatever? I figure with Easter coming they need these. Contact them before going.

I saw the kids playing soccer outside with a pretty old soccer ball, would never hurt bringing one along with you.

Good on you guys!!
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:36 PM

Or the Library - everyone benefits!
Posted By: suecate

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:43 PM

I noticed 2 libraries posted - the library and the public library what is the diffence

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:44 PM

I didn't know there was more than one - I only know of the one - one in the same... one o one... :P

Ah, klc, you too fast for me! :P
Posted By: SimonB

The same.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:45 PM

hahaha I deleted
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:48 PM

There is one library other than individual school libraries and that is the public library. We have quite a few children's programs and always need supplies. We also love to get book donations for both adults and children. Thanks
Posted By: suecate

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 05:59 PM

sorry it was the public school next to the library read to quickly. Any particular age for the books in need.

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/04/08 11:25 PM

Thanks for the info, we will split up the package and pass it around to those mentioned..Cheers, LaGrange
Posted By: Beach Girl 07

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/05/08 03:04 PM

I think it's great that everyone is so generous! Keep up the good work. These children will benefit greatly from all the generosity. We will goiung back to AC in June and plan on bringing supplies to SAGA and to Holy Cross. Does anyone know wher we can drop off the supplies if Holy Cross is closed for the summer. Thanx and again Keep up the good work. Tara

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/05/08 03:13 PM

Contact tacogirl

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/06/08 01:58 AM

I picked up some dog & cat collars for SAGA also..now who would I pass these off to...Cheers LaGrange
Posted By: gailtor

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/06/08 02:14 AM

Simon has contacts at SAGA cool

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/06/08 02:46 AM

Easiest and best bet is to drop off at Pampered Paws on Middle Street just north of the RC School. They're open from 8-12, 1-7 M-F and 8-12, 1-5 on Sat. Kathy is on the board and would be more than happy to help out.

S...
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/06/08 05:03 AM

We especially need books for school age kids, fiction and science. We have zoo books but need other youth reference material. Thanks so much
Posted By: LoveH20

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/06/08 11:20 PM

My daughter and I have begun buying stuff for Holy Cross school also. I am trying to think light weight. So Stickers,paper, folders and holiday decor is what I am aiming for.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/07/08 01:04 AM

Post-it notes are always a hit!
Posted By: LoveH20

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/07/08 01:27 AM

Yes, thats a good idea. I happen to have some already from some 3M gift boxes!! Thanks

Re: Who do we give these to? - 02/08/08 03:40 AM

LoveH2O, glad you have the post-its as we are way to full, lol, we emptied the suitcase (clothes) into knapsacks cause we bought to many goodies and needed to use the whole suitcase..:) Cheers
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board