AmbergrisCaye.com Home

south end safety

Posted By: dunk

south end safety - 02/05/08 03:56 AM

hey guys can you tell me how safe it is to drive the carts to and from town at night?just curious as i dont want godinski to get mugged or hurt before the naked crawl.
Posted By: Ambergris Bob

Re: south end safety - 02/05/08 04:54 AM

I was there 2 weeks ago and drove back and forth from 2.5 miles south all the time. Felt totally safe, everyone is very nice and seems to be friendly. With that said, there are "bad" players anywhere in the world, just use common sense.

Bob
Posted By: colomojo

Re: south end safety - 02/05/08 06:35 AM

When we were there; after dark there seemed to always be security outside of different places. We were 3 Miles south and never felt insecure!! We always travel in groups though. I just can't imagine anything happening so long as you stay on the road.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: south end safety - 02/05/08 02:12 PM

I know I have said this on the forum in the past, but would like to add a note of caution again. We do live in a "paradise" and sometime it is easy to forget that crimes happen everywhere. I am not a big advocate of encouraging people to walk the island late at night. If you must, go in a group as the above post suggests. If you are in a cart, don't pick up riders at night for any reason. After a few rum and cokes, we are not usually at our best. Don't ruin a beautiful week in paradise by not using common sense.
Posted By: godinski

Re: south end safety - 02/06/08 01:24 PM

The magic T-Bags will keep us safe in the pixy dust forest!

Sobriety sucks!
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: south end safety - 02/07/08 05:06 PM

and watch that big left turn down about 3 miles. I have lost a passenger taking that turn too fast! Seriously. What a night!!!! ;-)
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board