AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Leap Day adventure to Belize

Posted By: satch

Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 04:26 PM

Head to the airport at 4:00am Belize time...flight from Billings, MT to Denver, Denver to Cancun (arrive at 2:30pm), bus from airport to Playa, bus from Playa to Chetumal, cab from Chetumal to Corozal? I don't think we will get to Chetumal around 10:00 pm.

We are undecided if we should stay in Chetumal or Corozal on the first night. We can't make it to AC from Billings the first day. Any suggestions on either staying in Chetumal or Corozal? Hotel names?

My family of four (13 and 8 year kids) will be staying at the Banana Beach for 6 nights. We are really excited about the trip. Looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the local favorites.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 04:42 PM

Stay in Chetumal. There is Coco Locos Hotel and Holiday Inn. Both are OK. Then get a taxi to get over the border in the morning for flight to San Pedro. The border can be a PIA at night.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 06:44 PM

That's the day when traditionally women propose marriage to men.....
Posted By: colomojo

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 06:52 PM

That's one long day of traveling but so worth it once you get to AC.
Posted By: Turquoise Dreams

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 07:28 PM

Curiously, why didn't you fly into Belize City? We get into BZE at 3:00pm from Denver and then hopping over to SP. Is it a bunch cheaper, we paid $515

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 09:54 PM

We are staying 3 nights at Barcelo Maya Palace (south of Playa) on the trip back.

Originally we could get to AC on the day of travel but they cancelled the red-eye to Cancun after we booked our hotel stay. Lots cheaper flying from Billings to Cancun vs Billings to BZE.

Re: Leap Day adventure to Belize - 02/21/08 11:10 PM

Thanks for the hotel info Pam...I booked a room at the Holiday Inn...$100 (including taxes).

Should I use a taxi service from the hotel or a transport service to get from the Holiday Inn to Corozal airport?

How close is the bus terminal in Chetumal to the Holiday Inn? Walking distance?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board